• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 maharet

maharet

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 28 June 2003 - 08:55 PM

Ok, I promise this will be the last new topic I post for a while.

There has got to be a few of you who, once upon a time, watched the ever-lovable Mystery Science Theater 3000. The show's writers always picked positively wretched sci fi and horror flicks and storyline was running experiments on the human, trapped in the space station with the three robots, to watch the movies.

So far, the all-time worst one I've seen is "Manos: the Hands of Fate." Three of the actors committed suicide after the movie was released. Morbid side-note but true nonetheless.

#2 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 29 June 2003 - 08:47 AM

"Manos" was definitely the worst of the bad movies on MST3K, yet I'm somehow still strangely drawn to it and will watch it occasionally for a good laugh.  Interesting bit of trivia about the movie.

Some close seconds include "Eegah!" and the shorts "Mr. B-Natural" and "A Day at the Circus"--that they were made for kids makes them especially creepy.  lol!
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

#3 maharet

maharet

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 29 June 2003 - 04:47 PM

Eegah! was a painful movie. The worst short I ever watched was the posture short. Did they really make kids do that? That's bloody torture!

#4 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 30 June 2003 - 10:39 PM

O.k.  I spent this evening going through all my Mystie tapes and DVDs and cannot find the d***** posture short.  It sounded familiar, and I thought I had it, but I don't.  

I must have that short.

Tonight, I bought the MST dvd boxed sets Vols. 1 & 3.  At least I can toss some tapes now.  <sigh>

Must...build...supreme MST3K library...

A thousand curses on you and your heirs.

In the meantime, at least I can watch the "Unearthly" in all it's digital glory.

Time for go to bed.....
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

#5 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 06:53 PM

D'oh.  Popped in the DVD and started the Unearthly.  Need not have to guess what short came on.   :;)

Posture Pals is a great short, and "ranks" (literally) right up there with the worst.  A real hoot.

#6 maharet

maharet

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 02 July 2003 - 09:07 AM

Wow! I've never been cursed before, nor had any children I may or may not have in the future cursed LOL.

Prince of Venus (I believe it's Venus) is one of my favorites because the dubbing is so bloody awful. Why, o why did Sci Fi ever cancel that show?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users