Unsolved Mysteries

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

Uses WD-40 for evil purposes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  • Interests:Animals, ice skating, pets, animal issues, historical societies, travelling, and of course - ghost hunting.

Posted 08 February 2003 - 03:37 PM

Does anyone else watch the television program Unsolved Mysteries?  I like it when they show ghost programs and strange coincidences.  Because of Unsolved Mysteries, I bought a book called "The Cokeville Angels."  The book also contains a story about the strange coincidence of choir members late for practice.  Everyone of them was late for one reason or another and had never been late previously.  The church exploded from a gas leak at 7:27 pm and choir practice always began at 7:30 pm.  Because everyone was late for practice, no one died in the explosion.  This took place in Beatrice, Nebraska in 1950.  

Has anyone else heard the choir practice story or the story of the Cokeville Angels? :o
The reason that a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail and not his tongue.Do unto others, then run.Life's messy. Clean it up.

#2 haunted_gurl24

haunted_gurl24

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 March 2003 - 07:42 PM

nope i haven't but it sound very interesting! what other kinds of stories are in the book? sound like a good book! yes i love the show! me and my dad watch that show religiously!!!

#3 Justice

Justice

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 03:26 PM

I thought that Unsolved Mysteries is a fantastic programme when we used to have Sky One in the mid-90's, but since getting cable back a year ago haven't seen it in the TV listings!??!

BAD_WORD shame..... :( ??? :;)

JJ.

#4 ghosthunter_girl

ghosthunter_girl

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 07:37 PM

I, like haunted_gurl, haven't heard of it, but it sounds pretty cool. Whenever I flip thru the channels and find Unsolved Mysteries, I hope it's a ghost story, but it's usually just about some serial killer they haven't found yet.......in my opinion, I'd rather hear the ghost story!  :o
"The head are the invisible ones, but not the absent ones." -Victor Hugo

#5 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

Uses WD-40 for evil purposes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  • Interests:Animals, ice skating, pets, animal issues, historical societies, travelling, and of course - ghost hunting.

Posted 19 June 2003 - 04:25 AM

I have to agree with the ghost story thing.  Unsolved Mysteries used to be just that-unsolved mysteries. Then it tended to get a bit more like America's Most Wanted.  Not that I am against catching criminals, but I really liked those stories that challenged my mind (not that hard to do). ;D
The reason that a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail and not his tongue.Do unto others, then run.Life's messy. Clean it up.

#6 SpiritsOfMd

SpiritsOfMd

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Interests:A little 'bit of everything!

Posted 30 June 2003 - 05:42 PM

I know exactly which one your talking about Noelle, the neat thing was that they were always on time, but that particular day they were all late :o  I really liked that story, makes you think someone really does have your back, lol :)
[FONT=Courier][COLOR=blue]"EVEN IF YOUR ON THE RIGHT TRACK, IF YOU JUST SIT THERE YOU WILL STILL GET HIT"

#7 ghostlover

ghostlover

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts
  • Interests:Civil War, Ghost hunting, EVP and pictures.

Posted 30 June 2003 - 06:53 PM

yeah i have heard that story too. as a matter of fact, since the first time that segment aired, i keep thinking about it. One other story that i will never forget that they had on there, dealt with this guy and a rain water problem he had. i cant remember how the sotry went, but everytime he went somewhere, that place would have unexplained water damage, and water puddles all over the place

ghostlover
In order to get to the fruit of the tree, you have to go out on a limb ~ "Out on a Limb", Shirley Maclaine ~ GL4L ~ http://gl4l.maclenet.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users