Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

Mediums, the Bell Witch, and a Diet Coke...To Go!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 08:33 PM

While researching and photographing the alleys of a reputed ghost, I came across this great old bookstore and picked up these books.  Talk about some weird munchies, lol.:

The Psychic Mafia by M. LaMar Keene

And....

The Bell Witch of Tennessee by Charles Bailey Bell and Harriet Parks Miller (the 1972 facsimile reprint---oohh.  aahh).

Like going to one of those newfangled KFC/Taco Bell joints ("yes, I'd like the thight-leg dinner combo with mean greens and stuffing, and a chalupa").

Anyway, I've heard of the Psychic Mafia before, and have now gotten around to reading it.  Great read.  An autobiography of a former psychic medium who comes out of the closet and tells all his dirty tricks used in manipulating and exploiting the paranormal "trade."  Very interesting.  And very sobering.

Has anyone else read this book?

As for The Bell Witch (the chalupa?)--Pretty informative and entertaining, but still working through Chuck Bell's <ahem> prose...

Curious, does anyone know of a different version of this book that's out there other than what's offered for sale on the Bell Witch/Kate Fest sites ???
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

#2 softy-girl

softy-girl

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 06:11 PM

I can look around here and see if there are any other books around. Since I live in Tennessee it is not very hard to find info about it but I will look around and see if there are any diff. ones for ya ;D
You don't have to see it to believe it!

#3 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,361 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 19 May 2003 - 10:58 PM

but what is meant by Psychic Mafia? is that anything like the real time Mafia? if so, how do they operate? or am I dumb enough not to have understood this term?
Posted Image

#4 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 20 May 2003 - 03:27 PM

Hey, Christin.

Thanks alot.  I'm sure there are bookstores and other places that don't sell over the net.  If you come across anything, definitely let me know and fw contact info for the dealer.    :)

Hi, Moon.

The book is the autobiography of M. Lamar Keene--a self-confessed fake medium who exposes a network of fraudulent parapsychologists/mediums/spirtualists, describing the groups' tools of the trade.  The name "psychic mafia" is his description of those groups.  Interesting read for anyone interested in the paranormal/unexplained.   ;)
"What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."Bertrand Russell"You're going to go to McDonald's... you'll order an Egg McMuffin and some coffee... WAIT! They're going to forget your extra salt! Remind them to give you salt, please!!"Ed Closser, Trivial Psychic

#5 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 21 May 2003 - 11:21 AM

Don't know if it helps but i just bought a book on the Bell Witch entitled 'The Bell Witch' An American Haunting by Brent Monahan, its rather good read actually though alittle drawn out for my taste, but then again we all have different ones and you might like it :)
Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing. Posted Image

#6 Camille

Camille

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 21 May 2003 - 11:56 PM

Hi, Willow.

thanks for the suggestion.   ;D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users