#17 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 13 July 2004 - 09:38 AM

well, well, Hawk. I guess you may be right! Especially in those days where the world was considered FLAT! And especially there was no world for them beyond the Rock of Gibralter! well..... right I would say!
Posted Image

#18 hawk2k3

hawk2k3

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 13 July 2004 - 10:03 AM

You may be right too Moon. It may reshape the ancient boundaries if the sunken city is Atlantis(or what Plato called Atlantis).

#19 Prometheus

Prometheus

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 12:06 AM

Domt know why I bring this up but the Roman armies did actaully manage to travel as far as Scotland and they were driven back by the clans.Other earlier civilations got around a bit too,the Vikings for one were well traveled.There is a strong debate that
carvings on rocks along the eastern sea board were made by Vikings,including Dighton rock in Dighton,Ma.

#20 hawk2k3

hawk2k3

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 12:58 AM

heh, those were the Romans which I believe were in Italy which is closer then Greece or Egypt to Spain plus those Romans just love to travel.

#21 Prometheus

Prometheus

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 03:31 AM

Yeah Hawk,you know roman hands and russian fingers,lol.Anyway,the point was just that
early societies did get around.This does'nt speak for against the topic at hand but just something I thought to mention.

I dont think the location of Atlantis is
particularly important to the discussion of if it exsisted it or not,except when qualifying or disqualifying a particular
target as being that city.The location could be a misinterpertation,it could be exactly where it is specified and burried
under tons of muck.

Atlantis exsisting is speculation with some
good basis to think it could have been a real place.The technology aspect is highly
questionable,but until someone discovers
something more than a littary refernce and folk tales,it remains just speculation.

#22 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 06 August 2004 - 10:23 AM

I just found this article on CNN.com.

http://www.cnn.com/2...reut/index.html

"DUBLIN, Ireland (Reuters) -- Atlantis, the legendary island-nation whose existence has been debated for thousands of years, was actually Ireland, according to a new theory by a Swedish scientist."

What think you?  I've read in many a questionable 'Celtic Magick' book that the Ancient Celts came from Atlantis (which always makes me roll my eyes), but this is the first time I've heard of anyone claiming that sunken Atlantis is actually Ireland!

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#23 hawk2k3

hawk2k3

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 04:21 PM

pfft, there is probably no Atlantis at all! I mean some day they'll claim North America is indeed Atlantis..if they have not already.

#24 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 07 August 2004 - 06:13 PM

They have actually.  Also have claimed that the Templars discovered North America as well.

The closest I have ever heard to 'solving' the mystery of Atlantis is this.

1)  Plato made up the inhabitants and culture of Atlantis to illustrate a point in the unfinished trillogy that the story as we know it comes from.  He did this often.

2)  He based the tale on a story he heard or read in Egypt.  However, he made an error in the dates.  This is significant....

3)  The tale was regarding the volcanic eruption that all but destroyed the Minoian culture in the Mediteranian Sea.  Archeological evidence exists regarding this destruction.  And the Minoians were, prior to that, a very powerful and infulential Ancient nation.  And yes, there is more than one Pilars of Hercules.  :)

I've got this somewhere, I'll dig it up and give ya the info.  Above is based on my memory, so I might not have the full or exact details right.  But that's the most plausible theory out there.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#25 Sakura1605

Sakura1605

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Ummmmmm....reading I read alot,I spend time with my friends alot,I get on the computer alot,I watch tv but not as much,I watch movies.Lots and lots of movies,I spend alot of time chatting on msn.I love msn,thats it for now cuzi cant think of anything else....

Posted 22 August 2004 - 09:02 AM

it will rise 2023-2026.... that is all i know.....but i didnt find that out a pychic  predicted it

#26 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 09:12 AM

:)  It's been predicted to rise several times.  One of the more famous predictions was Edgar Cayce (sp?  not sure), who said it would rise in the 1960's.  Obviously, that didn't happen.

Sorry, but I'm sticking with the theory I posted above.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#27 Sakura1605

Sakura1605

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:Ummmmmm....reading I read alot,I spend time with my friends alot,I get on the computer alot,I watch tv but not as much,I watch movies.Lots and lots of movies,I spend alot of time chatting on msn.I love msn,thats it for now cuzi cant think of anything else....

Posted 22 August 2004 - 09:22 AM

oooo-ididnt read the replies i just posted..i know what you mean with other people sayin it would...but hey you never know..i know what you mean tho

#28 Frenchy

Frenchy

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 09:57 AM

From what ive read, i thought that there were some evidences that the lost city of atlantis would be located in the bermuda triangle.

#29 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 10:00 AM

That would be the 'stone road' off the coast of Florida?  Three schools of thought on that.  1)  Natural formation of the rock bed, 2) remains of a settlement of either Native American or Europeans that evenutally was submerged and 3) Atlantis.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#30 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 10:36 AM

From what ive read, i thought that there were some evidences that the lost city of atlantis would be located in the bermuda triangle.

Thats what I've always thought :-/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users