• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#31 hawk2k3

hawk2k3

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 01:28 PM

It probably doesn't exist, either that or Plato used a certain disaster as a background for the end of his story.

#32 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 22 August 2004 - 01:59 PM

See my long post on that very plausible theory that echos what you just said hawk!  :)

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#33 hawk2k3

hawk2k3

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 10:20 PM

huh, could've swore I said something like that weeks ago, either here or in 'do aliens exist?'. I'm tired of debating it.

#34 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 08 October 2004 - 02:30 PM

of all things...... http://www.atlan.org/ Interesting piece of information!
Posted Image

#35 Guest_Ghostbuter20_*

Guest_Ghostbuter20_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2004 - 02:51 PM

If an island is near Greece, how the hell would it end up in the Bermuda Triangle? Islands, regardless of size, don't float. It might be in the Atlantic sea, hence the name ATLANTIs. But I don't understand the Triangle theory, since it isn't plausible.

#36 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 03:04 PM

Plato has vaguely mentioned "BEYOND THE ROCKS OF GIBRALTOR". No one knows for sure, how far, and hence theories aplenty. There are theories that says, it is an island near Singapore in the East Pacific!
Posted Image

#37 dragonbrth

dragonbrth

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 10:50 PM

concerning Atlantis, I've come across some intresting info that might help. Plato tells us that it was an oral tradition in his family passed down from his ancestor Solon, a revered Athenian law maker.Solon was told of Atlantas dureing a visit to Egypt around 600 b.c. The Egyptian was a priest at the Temple of Sais in the Delta who got his info from written records dateing back 8000 years in the temples archives.
Vitacheslav Koudriavtsev a member of the Russian Geographical Society of the Russian Acadamy of Science has the most reasonable theory I've heard concerning the location of Atlantis. He puts it in a area known as the Little Sole Banks 200 km to the south west of the British Isles and Ireland. He bases his theory on the geological collaspe of the area during the last ice age 11,600 years ago. reference 'Underworld, the mysterious origins of civilization' by Graham Hancock 2002

#38 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 01:06 AM

Thankz Dragon, that was a neat information. Do you have further links to this?
Posted Image

#39 nohara_megami

nohara_megami

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Interests:darn, so many:<br>reading books by:<br> 1. Marrion Zimmer Badley<br> 2. Terry Brooks<br> 3. Amy Tan<br> 4. Susan Cooper<br> 5. Anne Rice<br> 6. and an infinate amount of others, i read everything and anything<br><br>anime:<br> 1. Escaflowne<br> 2. Fushigi Yugi<br> 3. Miyaziaki movies<br> 4. and once again, anything and everything<br><br>crafts:<br> 1. needlepoint<br> 2. scrapbooking<br> 3. and whatever else i do not blow up in the process^_^<br><br>also:<br>videogames, playing on the comp, researching the paranormal, listening and playing music, and anything else that comes to mind:)

Posted 19 November 2004 - 10:18 PM

well, this is this first time i have posted at all, so HI EVERYONE!

personally, i believe that Atlantis existed, and there are heaps and heaps of evidence to support that thought. Also, to add to Dragon the story told of Atlantis told by Plato was told to him by his grandfather*breath*was told to the gandfather by Egyptian priests who had a written testment of the story of which had been passed down for a long time before the grandfather learned of it. I read this really AWESOME book(cannot think of the name>.<) but it used exapmles of the things that can be found all over the world(art, fauna)that shows that Atlantis had some possible influence in the ancient owrld.

Also to add, I heard on the news this past week that this guy thinks he has found the sunken city near Greece, in the location that Plato described. it was only like a min. long, so I have heard nothing beyond that.\

Thanks for letting me rant!
Hellsing: In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen.I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!Rome did not create an empire by having meetings. They did it by killing those who opposed them.Witches... Not just for burning.

#40 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 06:16 AM

and the question of Atlantis continues on in the academic world

Greek Island Hosting Atlantis Conference
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#41 Ocean

Ocean

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 July 2005 - 12:45 PM

Interesting reading!

#42 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 18 July 2005 - 09:05 PM

I'd no idea there was an Atlantis conference! lol!

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#43 bathory313

bathory313

So SCARED she peed down her own leg!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts
  • Interests:movies, music, mysteries of the world, poetry, art, ghosts, evp, ghost photos, psychics and mediumship, esp, telepathy, psychic photography, guardian spirits, doing something good for others

Posted 19 July 2005 - 12:27 AM

http://news.bbc.co.u...ure/3766863.stm

something I came across about Atlantis. Now, Atlantis as the legendary land may be farse, but it could be very well be a lost civilization that could have been scientifically far ahead of us........ and the other "pagan" societies of that day may have looked UP on them for lots. When Plato came up with the "story" he surely may have ADDED spice so as to propogate his views and appreciation on the Atlanteans!

well.... who are we to say for sure! But surely a good read.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

http://www.digitalme...une/060901.html This is interesting
Posted Image

#44 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 06:04 PM

A submerged island that could be the source of the Atlantis myth was hit by a large earthquake and tsunami 12,000 years ago, a geologist has discovered.

Read more here --> Tsunami clue to 'Atlantis' found
Posted Image

#45 nohara_megami

nohara_megami

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Interests:darn, so many:<br>reading books by:<br> 1. Marrion Zimmer Badley<br> 2. Terry Brooks<br> 3. Amy Tan<br> 4. Susan Cooper<br> 5. Anne Rice<br> 6. and an infinate amount of others, i read everything and anything<br><br>anime:<br> 1. Escaflowne<br> 2. Fushigi Yugi<br> 3. Miyaziaki movies<br> 4. and once again, anything and everything<br><br>crafts:<br> 1. needlepoint<br> 2. scrapbooking<br> 3. and whatever else i do not blow up in the process^_^<br><br>also:<br>videogames, playing on the comp, researching the paranormal, listening and playing music, and anything else that comes to mind:)

Posted 25 April 2006 - 06:06 PM

A submerged island that could be the source of the Atlantis myth was hit by a large earthquake and tsunami 12,000 years ago, a geologist has discovered.

Read more here --> Tsunami clue to 'Atlantis' found

Cool link, haven't heard of this one before now^_^
Hellsing: In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen.I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!Rome did not create an empire by having meetings. They did it by killing those who opposed them.Witches... Not just for burning.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users