• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#46 ghostlyguy1990

ghostlyguy1990

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 05:01 PM

It's been predicted to rise several times. One of the more famous predictions was Edgar Cayce (sp? not sure), who said it would rise in the 1960's. Obviously, that didn't happen.

Well in the 1960's the "Bimini Road" appeared off the coast of Jamaica. The road was made of beach rock, so geologists say that nature formed it, but others think not due to the fact that beach rock is always parallel to the beach but the road curves instead of going straight. Also I have heard of the ancient Maya having a legend of a great civilization in the ocean that angered the gods and was punished.

#47 babycat

babycat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 01:12 PM

:whoohoo: What do you think of Atlantis? Once i did a visualization with another sensitive, and we had a few interesting discoveries. The people were all sensitives and spoke only through telepathy. The residents were blue-eyed. Society was one being all brothers and sisters. The island was destroyed, and my friend and i tried to leave in a small boat but failed. :) Anyone else like to share?

#48 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,353 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 31 May 2006 - 01:17 PM

Hi babycat,

I do believe in Atlantis, it is a lost civilization, though I am yet not sure of the location of the island.

Edited by Willow, 10 August 2006 - 09:11 PM.

Posted Image

#49 nohara_megami

nohara_megami

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Interests:darn, so many:<br>reading books by:<br> 1. Marrion Zimmer Badley<br> 2. Terry Brooks<br> 3. Amy Tan<br> 4. Susan Cooper<br> 5. Anne Rice<br> 6. and an infinate amount of others, i read everything and anything<br><br>anime:<br> 1. Escaflowne<br> 2. Fushigi Yugi<br> 3. Miyaziaki movies<br> 4. and once again, anything and everything<br><br>crafts:<br> 1. needlepoint<br> 2. scrapbooking<br> 3. and whatever else i do not blow up in the process^_^<br><br>also:<br>videogames, playing on the comp, researching the paranormal, listening and playing music, and anything else that comes to mind:)

Posted 02 June 2006 - 01:54 AM

I am with you MoonChild, I belive that Atlantis did exist at one time, but unlike many other people who believe in it I do not believe it will be found again, at least not found intact, more like loads of ruins.

And Babycat, I was once told by a psychic that I had a past life in Atlantis, which I do believe I did and I do wish I was able to have a past life regression about it, but have been unable to do so.
Hellsing: In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen.I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!Rome did not create an empire by having meetings. They did it by killing those who opposed them.Witches... Not just for burning.

#50 TKE448

TKE448

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 02 June 2006 - 05:22 PM

I too believe that there was an Atlantis...Will it ever be found? I highly doubt it, but if so, like nohora, it will be ruins...Were they as advanced as everything may think? I doubt it as well...they may have been more advanced that the rest of civilizations of that time, but not to the point of flying machines and such.

As the old saying goes "where there is smoke, there is fire", when you have as much information floating around about a topic like Atlantis, there has to be something there. For everything out there, there will be skeptics saying that we "fan the flames" by just talking about it...but...naysayers should start taking a backseat after discoveries that have been made over the last 2-3 years regarding zoological finds as well as various archeological finds...

Just my ramblings....

Edited by TKE448, 02 June 2006 - 05:23 PM.

A Drifter is only a poet with wings, he moves but he can't learn to fly, running in footsteps ahead of his time, with no one to see if he cries. Doyle Lawson & QuicksilverPosted ImagePosted Image

#51 JohnyD

JohnyD

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 02:39 PM

well take for example...Yona Guni. That could be where the "atlantis" stories are from.

#52 Mr Eamcat

Mr Eamcat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Theology, Philosophy, Jungian Psychology, Forteana, My Partner &amp; Kids, My Blog, Chocolate, Movies, Reading, Nature, Walking,<br />Meditation &amp; Hatha Yoga.

Posted 14 June 2006 - 03:18 AM

I personally love the theory of Crustal Displacement (CD) and that the Landmass under Antartcia is the remnants of Atlantis.

Before the CD the landmass would have been in a temperate zone, a large island surrounded by a massive sea (just as Plato described it).

CD would have caused massive seismic upheaval, inundation & sudden temperature plunges creating all the reported cataclysms that befell the ancient race.

Of course, most of them escaped & resettled in Egypt or travelled the World to enlighten the masses. Maybe. :hug:

Edited by Mr Eamcat, 14 June 2006 - 03:19 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users