Scared of feeling

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sawney Bean

Sawney Bean

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 10:40 PM

Hi everyone. I just wanted to start by saying I am completely new to this board. I joined it because I felt the need to connect with others who are sensitive to spirits, as a I believe myself to be.

Now, with that being said-

I've been sort of sensitive to spirits as long as I can remember. I've never actually seen a ghost, but I've been on a lot of ghost walks and every now and again I'll get 'that feeling'. Sometimes I get it other places too, old houses and what-not. I got it here in my dorm room, and just recently found out a student died here like 3 years ago. I had the feeling before I even knew that! Sometimes I can even tell its gender, and maybe get an idea of what they looked like. Kind of like a photo in my head.

This is the problem. I've always been curious in nurturing this phenomenon, and seeing if perhaps it could be more. Maybe with time I could communicate with the ghosties? However, I is scared. I know not all ghosts are bad and all, but just that I can even feel them really freaks me out! I was hoping perhaps some of you would have any advice to get over this? How would I go about communicating with them, and what/if any precautions should I take? I thank you for any advice you can give me, and I look forward to chatting with you all!

#2 spiritalk

spiritalk

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 11:36 AM

When we have a talent, we find a good teacher to help with the basics. In the case of spirit contact (mediumship) the beginning involves protection and guarding so that the student understands opening and closing properly. This also sets up a trust with your own particular partner/spirit guide to create a bond of trust.

You can go the do-it-yourself route and find all kinds of information on the subject on the internet, from which you would have to separate the wheat from the chaffe - there is the good, the bad, the ugly - all claiming to be the right way.

#3 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 29 November 2008 - 04:33 PM

spiritalk has good advice.
One very important thing I had to ask myself, being sensitive in this area.....WHY do I have a need to communicate with spirits? Let's face it, the spirit world is all around us, all the time. Some people notice it and some don't. It sure can take up a lot of your life.
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users