Hunting Down A Good Deal...

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Mystic Hippy

Mystic Hippy

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:computers, arts & crafts, nature, photography, ghost hunting, mediumship, supernatural/paranormal, etc.

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:43 PM

All my life I've had this certain knack that when I go shopping for something that I would really like to have I eventually come across an unbelievable deal. I have been searching for a Hall Crystal Flute in D for some time now. These retail for around $80 USD. Even used ones can go higher than retail.

I recently came across an ad on ebay for a D flute. There were a couple days left on the auction. The starting bid was $30. I figured this flute would be like the others and end up hitting $70-80 in no time. I bid on it anyway. I didn't want to pay over $40.

The hours clicked by. 20 hours left and my bid was still the only bid. When I woke up this afternoon it was about 15 minutes after the closing of the auction and I just knew that someone had probably outbid me. I went to the site and saw that not only was I the only bidder, but I got the flute for $30...the starting bid set by the seller. Oh, and it's my favorite Hall pattern...ivy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=320318706860
Have you hugged your ghost today?The Porch - Ghosts, paranormal, supernatural

#2 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 24 November 2008 - 01:33 AM

Fabulous!!! Now don't you just know that you always get what you want? I know I do.;-)
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#3 Mystic Hippy

Mystic Hippy

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:computers, arts & crafts, nature, photography, ghost hunting, mediumship, supernatural/paranormal, etc.

Posted 24 November 2008 - 02:16 AM

Fabulous!!! Now don't you just know that you always get what you want? I know I do.;-)

Well...I tell Frither that I just watch and wait. She says my knack is that I make things happen. One time I bought a baby grand piano for about $200. Another time I bought Frither one of those electronic keyboards. It has full size keys. It has a thing where the keys will light up as you press them. It has a bajillion different instruments and rhythms. It does just about everything except make coffee. I paid $50 for that in a furniture shop. It was almost like new.

Last week I checked on getting some RAM for my computer. Staples wanted $50/1 GIG stick. I found some for about $11/1 GIG stick...plus free shipping.

Ok...so maybe I do have a way of making things happen. :)

#4 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 24 November 2008 - 02:53 PM

There you go! Of course Frither is right! You guys take a lifetime to figure that out, but that's what we're here for, right? The journey. We just had a similar happening in our house. It's fun! Like your quote "When it is my time I would rather sail out on wings of laughter than to drown in a pool of tears."
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#5 Mystic Hippy

Mystic Hippy

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:58 PM

When I go my organs will be donated then whatever's left over goes to science. For those who have a more material need for memories I've devised my own tombstone. I just hope they see the meaning of the inscription. I live life with gusto and when I go I'm going with gusto. It's all good and it just keeps getting better.

Posted Image

#6 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 08:23 PM

Reminds me of one in the local cemetery I always liked---"Screw Guilt, Embrace the Universe!" The lady's husband is buried next to her with his own headstone engraved with only his name/date and a simple picture of a steaming cup of espresso. Didn't know them, but they sound like a very charming couple. :)
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#7 Ike

Ike

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 09:54 PM

I just got a favorite kind of hat pretty cheap. Ghostvillage's secret luck-for-shopping dust that sprays out of our computers?
Thats great taylor and Imma let you continue, but Ghostvillage is the best paranormal site of all time~<3

#8 frither

frither

Had delusions of being Superwoman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts
  • Interests:Being the honeybabysweetiepiesoulmatebestfriendwife to Mystic Hippy, being the sister to Bear Dude, computer-generated art, reading darn near anything I can get my hands on, all aspects of the paranormal, being supportive and understanding when my husband communes with noncorporeals that I personally can't see or hear and dancing like no one else is watching.

Posted 27 November 2008 - 12:11 PM

MH's proposed ephitat always reminds me of a quote by Henry David Thoreau that goes something like: "Oh God, to reach the point of death only to find you've never lived at all". I've told him that if y'all can't say anything else about me after I'm gone, I hope you can say "SHE LIVED!" :hug2:

#9 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 27 November 2008 - 12:57 PM

Well...I just know MH as one who knows how to get what he wants, he got Frither too! I think that was the best deal he got after so many, many long years....lol!

I figure that I will be around after just to annoy the family, so heck with the tombstone!

Les
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users