• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Miyamoto

Miyamoto

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 04:38 AM

There are lots of monsters out there that are not understood by man. Many say some monsters even came from the astral plane, they assumed form here on earth and became this titanic beast (Dragons, Hybrids etc.) but man never understood them so theres a little chance to prove that they really did exist a long time ago or didnt they?

• Guests

Posted 11 May 2003 - 05:58 AM

i think dragons could of existed a long time ago.

#3 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 11 May 2003 - 07:33 AM

I have seen some different shows and read about China and dragons.  The current belief...as they have stated...dragons were the discovered fossils of dinosaurs.  They mistakenly put them together and looked at the shapes and thought they were dragons.  Well...that's what I've seen! ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,386 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 19 May 2003 - 01:44 PM

chupacabra? loch nessy? dover demon? gevaudan beast? jersey devil? mokele mbembe? are they all still around? or just figs of imagination? or beyond our comprehension?  ::)
Posted Image

• Guests

Posted 10 July 2003 - 04:14 PM

i dont think that dragons ever existed. For this reason it is highly unlikely that an animal/creature could ever produce a chemical that made fire escape from its mouth at the exact moment that it wishes...then again fire is a highly unexplainable element.

#6 Cheshire

Cheshire

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 07:22 PM

I don't think dragons ever existed...though books I've read about them(fantasy books)were always my favorites when I was younger. Aside form your standard Urban Legends, and ghost stories. As for other things like Nessy and the dover demon I highly doubt that. The Beast of Guevadan(I'm sure I descimated that word)I do believe that something, a pair of animals of some kind did kill hundreds of people throughout the country side. It was reported that they did kill one, and the killings continued but at a lesser rate. Then a second one was killed. Both appeared as large wolves or something along those lines. I can believe this happened, after all there were 2 lions who killed and devoured(uhhh...spell check?)many workers in africa who were building a rail line. Until finally, after construction was actually haulted for a month or so a hunter shot and killed one of the lions(took, 3 shots from a rifle, not sure what kind) and then killed the second. The second was bigger, story goes that he shot and hti it, but it kept charging...the hunter fired again...it dropped the beast, but then it rose and charged. I don't quite remember if one or two more shots followed this but eventually he brought down hi query. Nature really is amazing at times.
Follow no one, break the rules and live life on the edge.

#7 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,386 posts

Posted 31 July 2004 - 09:56 AM

well, could it be that the undiscovered monsters do exist on a different plane these days?
Posted Image

#8 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 02 August 2004 - 07:56 PM

I believe that sasqwatch, yeti, and chupacabras might exist.

When I was down in Brazil, the whole country was obsessed over the chupacabra.  Everyday the national news would cover new sightings.  When I asked people let me in, they demanded proof I wasn't the chupacabra in disguise.  Those were dark and scary months.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#9 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 03 August 2004 - 07:50 AM

They demanded proof that you weren't a chupacabra in disguise?  Wow...that's kinda odd.  :)  (Chupacabra and the Dover Demon are my two favourite monsters btw...).  But how is a Chupacabra supposed to disguise it's horrifying self as a human?  Magic?  What exactly did they think it was?  Alien?  Demon?

Most of the tales I've read stem from either Purto Rico or various Hispanic areas of the US.  I don't recall any of the reports and theories from those areas claiming that this creature could disguise itself as human.  Perhaps a different cultural perception of the thing?  

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#10 honeybeary

honeybeary

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Interests:Reading, walking, hiking, photography

Posted 03 August 2004 - 08:38 AM

I believe that dragons may have exsisted, although I dont believe they breathed fire.I also blieve that the loch ness monster may exsist, although I think it may just be an over large lizard of some sort.
What doesn't kill us makes us strong.

#11 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 03 August 2004 - 10:06 AM

They demanded proof that you weren't a chupacabra in disguise?  Wow...that's kinda odd.  :)  (Chupacabra and the Dover Demon are my two favourite monsters btw...).  But how is a Chupacabra supposed to disguise it's horrifying self as a human?  Magic?  What exactly did they think it was?  Alien?  Demon?

Rumours were flying over what the chupacabra is.  Some speculated it was alien; others thought it was a genetic experiment gone wrong; a third group believed it was Cain, who was cursed to walk the earth; a final group claimed the chupacabra was the very devil.

A variety show brought on some ufologists ("scientists" who study UFOs).  One ufologist had what appeared to be skull and partial vertibrae of a supposed chupacabra.

During that time, our mission president held a special conference where he warned that the devil was in our mission boundaries.  He refused to clarify if he meant the chupacabra.  For the record, that particular mission president is from the United States.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#12 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 03 August 2004 - 10:16 AM

Ya know, the chupacabra really, REALLY fascinates me.  Of course, if it's actually real, I don't want it in my back yard, but then, who does?  lol.

Obviously, SOMETHING is running around various parts of North, Central and South America attacking animals.  

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#13 black_shuck

black_shuck

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 09:04 AM

Oh, I think there are "undiscovered" animals, not perhaps "monsters", in the classical sense, but I came across a book in the university library by Daniel Cohen, that had a whole list of various "undefined" creatures that had or have shown up at various times.So it seems there is some validity to their existance, in the past or currently.
BLACK SHUCK (showing its red eyes,howling as it walks).

#14 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 07:44 AM

On the Chupacabra...I came across this news article...

http://paranormal.ab.....-C5A1108E62B0

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#15 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,386 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 07:51 AM

well, VampChick, it says the URL is blocked! ???
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users