• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#16 ghosthunter1010

ghosthunter1010

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 02:57 PM

Thanks for the welcome Whispers. ;)  Love this site :)

#17 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 04 February 2004 - 04:08 PM

Hey Whispers,

Unfortunately we did not get any EVP's when the warrior crossed over. †I have only heard one EVP that was in another language. †It was "bootsman", I found out later from someone in the village that this was German for a merchant marine seaman. †There are alot of German immigrants living in the area around the farm that we obtained the EVP from. ††Would love to get some EVP from the coliseum to see how many different languages are recorded. †;)
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#18 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 04 February 2004 - 10:14 PM

DANG...so many responses, where to start?

Hey, Fly, I think it would be fascinating to find out, but if they are telepathic, language may not be a barrier at all, especially if they're determined to be understood. But, I've also heard EVP's by other villagers of what was certainly a different language, possibly a tribal tongue.

Um-if you do decide to go to Rome,I can put you in touch with someone who has by happy coincidence studied Latin*LOL*I mean, what can be more practical with a potentially aggravated spirit than someone saying "The dog is black"? ;D

Hi, Ghosthunter1010...it ROCKS, it really does, we have a great bunch of people and I look forward to seeing more from you ;D

Now that is a very intriguing encounter, do you happen to know what tribe he was from? Was it just the one presence in
that house or were there others? The door/fog must have been
really impressive, if I may ask, how did your son handle the whole situation?

Hey, Owlie, as always I'm grateful for the history lesson, I know next to nothing about Oklahoma's past and could have sworn up and down they were a state during the Civil War, but I was-at best-an indifferent student of geography.

*LOL*Aww...you hit it on the head, my friend, I do think they can cross on their own and I am glad that the Callico Woman found peace at last ;) Clock? What'd you experience? Was it a handling thing and seeing a past owner or just the feeling of a presence?

Hullo, Akthra, very well said, my friend. I think in most cases of paranormal activity, especially a haunting, people get nervous because it calls into question their own beliefs
of what happens after we die. By most belief systems when the body dies, there's some form of accounting followed by reward or consequence based on the way we lived our lives, so how are spirits possible in that paradigm? Its a tough call, hey?

For myself I try to explain the process/stages of Death and Dying*technically, this applies to the terminally ill, but it works really well*and it gives them something to relate to from their own experience...unless they're the type that
totally goes into denial about death [smiley=cwm28.gif]
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#19 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 08 February 2004 - 02:32 AM

For those of you actually involved in helping spirits into the light, go to Personal Encounters and share your experiences in the [glow=red,2,300]INTO THE LIGHT[/glow] thread.   ;D
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#20 sugarbaby_9_9

sugarbaby_9_9

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Location:x0|arizona|USA||0|0|AZ,Arizonax0|arizona|USA||0|0|AZ,Arizonax0|arizona|USA||0|0|

Posted 17 February 2004 - 05:06 PM

some spirits have some unfinshed business and they have to stay in that perticular place to find out how they died and some spirits dont even know that they died and they are just living out there last moments over and over again like a broken record

#21 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 06:12 AM

[glow=BLUE,2,300][move]Hi, Sugar_Baby_9_9 and welcome to GV[/move][/glow]

I think that while we may disagree on the semantics of why a
presence may linger,we're on the same side. I hope you come to enjoy this community as much as I do
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#22 Crazy

Crazy

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 02:34 PM

I've been told....that spirits and ghosts....do not exsist? And are not permitted to haunt the living? Um.....

#23 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 04:56 PM

Welcome to Ghost Village Crazy!

Take some time to look around and share your thoughts with others, don't be shy. †It doesn't matter if you believe Ghosts & Spirits exist or not, you will find many that agree with you no matter your position. †It's all good and the exchange of ideas makes all richer for the experience. †;)

Don't forget to stop in to Personal Encounters, you might find it interesting. :)

btw †it's better if you don't let anyone "tell" you what to believe- no matter what it is. †Tis better to actually, physically get out and seek the truth for yourself †;)

#24 J._Victoria

J._Victoria

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 05:22 AM

I have only had one experience of assisting spirits to "cross over".  It was a very intense, emotionally draining experience and those of us involved have never really spoken about it since.  Several months ago, I posted to the Personal Encounters board about some entities that were troubling me and my fiancť.  (Anyone interested can find it under "My Strange Tale" posted 6/24/03.)

Anyway, my coven (we are Wiccan )assembled to assist the spirits to move on and to secure a measure of peace for us living there.  I'm sorry to say that we were not thinking properly at the time, as none of us thought to catch any images or EVP.  In a two-part ritual, we first cleansed the house and sealed it magickally to keep the entities out.  We saw the male entity (an extremely angry, abusive spirit) in the bathroom mirror and later saw/heard his knocking on the front door and attempting to turn the knob.   The second part of the ritual involved going to the playground/gazebo area and assisting the spirits of the little boy and the man to cross over.   The little boy went easily; I remember talking to him about his mommy and sister who were waiting for him.  He attempted to cling to me, but after a while a golden light opened up above him and he scampered up the beam of light.  The male presence was not so easy.  We created a magical circle in the place that his presence was the strongest (the gazebo) and did a LOT of mental work to get him to leave.  I really have a hard time going into the details, even now, mainly because it seems so, well, far-fetched.  (And a lot of it involves technical principles of religion/spirituality that I donít think that this is quite the right forum for discussing.)  The spirit did leave and all was well thereafter

#25 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 08:50 AM

Hi Victoria!

Quote I really have a hard time going into the details, even now, mainly because it seems so, well, far-fetched. †(And a lot of it involves technical principles of religion/spirituality that I donít think that this is quite the right forum for discussing.) †

I hope you will consider copy/pasting your post in the Personal Encounters board †(Into The Light thread at the top). †This is exactly the kind of experiences I am hoping to share with others in the Village to help them better understand what helping spirits cross over is all about. †If you would care to share the "technical principles of religion/spirituality" in the Into The Light thread, please do. †I think it would be fascinating! †Don't be shy. †I hope to develope this into a thread where little discussed true topics (such as your experiences) give others a unique viewpoint to consider. †:)

#26 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 21 May 2004 - 10:35 AM

with more new people, what is the take?
Posted Image

#27 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 10:55 AM

Hi, Moon, Still a point of controversy, I'm sure.

In some cases one would question that they may not be asking for our help and that its presumptuous to try to determine it for them and that our sole purpose/interest is to study them and not interfere*LOL*If it is indeed possible to study without interacting and by that interaction, changing them ;D

#28 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 11:00 AM

Well I guess it comes down to this.  I have two words for everyone.  

National Geographic.

I think we need to look at studies or investigations (perhaps not private residence or private calls for assistance) like we are studying a culture.  It's not something we understand, it may seem incredibly bazaar to most, and it's something we really want to show the rest of the world.  

:)
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#29 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 12:13 PM

I'm glad this thread was started.

When I first moved into my home, we had some troublesome entities floating around. They weren't harmful or angry by any means, just bothersome. I had my coven come over to assist in offering some peace as well to those who lived here. However, the one man (whom I mentioned in the Codes of Conduct thread) decided to take it upon himself to close this entity outside of my house, which wasn't what I wanted at all.

Got a nasty dream about it afterwards, although nothing further ever occured with this spirit, whom I still feel was trying to tell me something. Now I wonder if I'll ever know.

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#30 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 03:01 PM

Hey, Ana,
Bothersome how, if I may ask? Are we talking about doors slamming or objects being moved or hidden? The doors slamming can be fairly ambiguous, you know, re-living some moment in their past or letting you know they're there, it does sound like he was trying to communicate something to you, Hun.

In this case, I agree he was wrong in binding the spirit outside the place, since in my own case, its by the spirits wants or the homeowner's request, ideally it
can be a compromise, the non-living owners remaining in a place that was special to them and co-existing with the current owners. Odd though, lets say a woman was killed by her drunk husband, I've heard of such presences manifesting
like if a current male owner's a drinker, they remain as kind of a protecter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users