Ghosts and dreams

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 yawesia

yawesia

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 01:40 PM

I am new here. This seems to be maybe the most logical forum to ask this question. Maybe some of you can help me. I'm almost positive I have a earthbound with mee. I feel them touching me and laying against me at night. I believe it is a loved one that passed a few months ago. I'm not positive that it is this person just thinking. I don't know how much any of you know about dreaming but I'm hoping you can help. Can earthbound spirits come to you in your dreams or is it just a dream. And if it is a visitation dream in a sense, are there ever other living people in the dream or is that just a dream. The reason I ask about the dreaming is that I'm trying to figure out who this earthbound is. any knowledge would be helpful.

#2 spiritalk

spiritalk

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 11:32 AM

Dreams are mostly about our unresolved emotions from the conscious state. The scenes are merely there to help us understand those emotions. When it is visits from passed loved ones, the scene is to help you personally. It is unlikely other living beings would be a part of it. That is dreams.

There are visions that occur in the night when you come awake from sleep. These can be visitations from passed loved ones. In these there is sometimes a message for yourself or to pass to others. It is unlikely that a living being would be a part of this vision.

#3 yawesia

yawesia

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 12:01 AM

Dreams are mostly about our unresolved emotions from the conscious state. The scenes are merely there to help us understand those emotions. When it is visits from passed loved ones, the scene is to help you personally. It is unlikely other living beings would be a part of it. That is dreams.

There are visions that occur in the night when you come awake from sleep. These can be visitations from passed loved ones. In these there is sometimes a message for yourself or to pass to others. It is unlikely that a living being would be a part of this vision.

Thank you so much for your reply. That was my thought, A visitation would not involve other living people. You have helped me tremendously. Trying to figure out what was me and what was him was driving me crazy. So thank you.

#4 melissann

melissann

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Spirit Rescue (obviously lol) I am also an artist selling my paintings on eBay, I love the outdoors and going on hikes is almost a need for me. I am also an avid reader- love to read both fantasy/sci fi but also spiritual and psychic stuff as well. Blah- I cant think of anything else at the moment :)

Posted 03 December 2008 - 09:04 AM

I believe spirits (living spirits) can speak in dreams- I have had dreams of a friend of mine in iraq- in the dream I was speaking to him and I was actually in iraq... sorta like astral travel but while asleep. So (I believe) living spirits can speak to each other while dreaming.

Now I have also wondered if ghosts can visit you in dreams- I know already crossed loved ones can... but what about earthbound spirits? I have dreams every so often about ghosts- and I cant help but wonder upon waking if it is an earthbound spirit I am going to run into (premonition) or one who needs help... or is it just a dream about what I do? I am not sure myself lol I will research more and if I find anything I will post it :P

~melissann~

#5 yawesia

yawesia

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 December 2008 - 12:15 PM

I believe spirits (living spirits) can speak in dreams- I have had dreams of a friend of mine in iraq- in the dream I was speaking to him and I was actually in iraq... sorta like astral travel but while asleep. So (I believe) living spirits can speak to each other while dreaming.

Now I have also wondered if ghosts can visit you in dreams- I know already crossed loved ones can... but what about earthbound spirits? I have dreams every so often about ghosts- and I cant help but wonder upon waking if it is an earthbound spirit I am going to run into (premonition) or one who needs help... or is it just a dream about what I do? I am not sure myself lol I will research more and if I find anything I will post it :P

Melissa,
That is what I'm not so sure about. I've been told by some that they believed my loved one was still earthbound. I have heard him speak to me while a was asleep, even kiss me. at those times I did not see anything only heard the voice and then woke up. At the same time I do have something that is getting in the bed with me most nights. The touching can be somewhat creepy, but the warmth is comforting. I guess it could be some other spirit besides him. I do at times have dreams about him where I see him in the dream but other people are involved in those dreams. Its all so confusing. I'm just trying to decipher my dreams and trying to figure out who the spirit with me is. If you find any good info on earthbound and dreaming please post. Thanks

#6 spiritalk

spiritalk

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 02:59 PM

I don't know how long it has been since your loved one passed, but it may just be up to you to release them to the light. They may be remaining for various reasons - your fears or concerns about their welfare would be high on that list. Also they may remain because they didn't have a strong belief in an afterlife and are not looking forward to the new condition - but back to the old.

Earth bound spirit is not all about doing bad things. But the one doing the touching and instilling a sense of warmth and at the same time not identifying themselves, is wrong to remain around you. It does seem to be your own loved one but you have opened the door to the spirit realms by your concerns for your own loved one.

It is time for you to sit down and meditate to connect to spirit and sort some of this out in your own mind. There are definitely confusions and you need to be at peace with both your loved one and the spirit realms generally.

#7 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:10 PM

Spiritalk is correct in that normally its messages from past loved ones etc. But it is possible for living people to enter into your dreams or your sub-concious state.

Astral travelling can be achieved through meditation etc

Mark :clap:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users