• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 opterasis

opterasis

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 09:50 AM

I dont know why, i dont know how, but if your on a dirt road, and you see a white and yellow headlight on a truck flash behind you, your going to die.
myspace.com/corecontagionmy DVDAF

#2 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 10:20 AM

Huh?
I smile because I have no idea of what's going on.

#3 opterasis

opterasis

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 10:29 AM

theres this road 2 towns over from me, theres a legend that if your driving down it, and a truck apears, with one yellow headlight, and one white headlight, your going to die.

#4 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 10:42 AM

So it's basically a myth? Have you ever known anyone who knew a friend who experienced this?

I hope that sounded right, lol.

Hunny

#5 opterasis

opterasis

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 10:52 AM

yes, as far as i know, just a myth. but theres probably some jerk highschool or college kid that went and rigged up his truck to scare the crap out of people lol

#6 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 11:10 AM

Yea I know, I was thinking the same thing. So if don't mind me asking what state do you live in?

Hunny

#7 opterasis

opterasis

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 11:29 AM

Western Massachusetts

#8 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 28 July 2004 - 11:33 AM

Oh ok. I will check online to see if I can find any haunting in that area. Other then that the headlight story sounds like a good movie!

Hunny

#9 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,359 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 28 July 2004 - 09:06 PM

well, it would have been better in your first post itself, you could have gievn proper explanation on this urban legend, opterasis. Else our conversation tends to be like that of a chat room! and BORING! lol. For a person who reads the first post, well, they won't understand a thing what you were actually referring to. Just like HunnyFire did a 10 people will post a HUH? in here and make the entire thread meaningless. Nothing wrong with a HUH post, because after reading your first post, I too felt the same and if I hadn;t read thru your further posts, I too would have posted another HUH? lol ;D Wouldn't it have been better if you had mentioned all your three posts in the first one itself?

well... just my opinion - no offence.
Posted Image

#10 opterasis

opterasis

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 05:06 AM

I gotta keep you guys in suspense a little bit, lol

#11 Guest_Ghostbuter20_*

Guest_Ghostbuter20_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2004 - 10:31 AM

I read in a book, one of those Scary Stories books that kids read, and a story was a girl was driving by herself at night (bad idea to start with) and a semi drove up behind her and began flashing his lights. She got freaked out because he kept following her. She drove to a police station and told them to arrest the trucker. Turned out that the trucker had seen someone sneak into the girl's car and the trucker had flashed his lights on the guy in the car. Sure enough, when the cops opened the back door, they found a guy crouched behind the driver's seat. Note, this is a story I got from a lame children's scary story treasury. I looked back at the stories recently and wondered why I was so scared of them.

#12 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

Freaked out by toe socks?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Knitting, Ornithology, folklore and fairies

Posted 11 August 2004 - 06:16 AM

That's a well known myth... the one with the girl alone at night being chased by someone trying to warn them... it's also an often used theme in literature- the hero of a tale misinterprets a warning as a threat and runs right into what they're being warned about.

The truck with different coloured headlights seems an odd one though- I mean if you die after seeing the truck how does anyone know that the truck's been seen... so how did anyone find out there ever was a truck?  Seems to me to be a tale to scare people away from driving country roads at night...

There's one story that's a little similar.  Some people go around at night in thier car's without their head lights on and if anyone passes them and flashes their lights at them to tell them to put their on, they turn around and chase you off the road...

The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the pious or holy is beloved by the gods because it is holy, or holy because it is beloved of the gods.

Sonnet XCIVBut if that flower with base infection meet,The basest weed outbraves his dignity:For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users