• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 KalebKellum

KalebKellum

Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Interests:Ghosthunting, all aspects of the paranormal and the occult. I love to read and write, Stephen King is my current favorite author. I enjoy cemetery photography, exploring old places, being a husband and a father.<br><br>I love ghosthunting here in New Orleans. There is something new and amazing to discover here everyday. The culture is like no other. I lived in New Orleans all my life and complained about it everyday. It took moving out of state to make me realize how much I love this city. Now I'm back in New Orleans and couldn't be happier.

Posted 04 August 2004 - 06:23 PM

Does anyone know the truth to the rumor that Antone LeVay, the founder of the California based Church of Satan, cursed actress Jane Mansfield for leaving his organization.

I know she wasn't actually decapitated in the car wreck that killed her, but many people say the car wreck was the work of a Satanic curse.

It all started because her manager instructed her to leave the Church of Satan due to negative public appearence.
LeVay threatened both Mansfield and her manager, stating that if Mansfield left, they would both be cursed and die.

Apparently it worked.

So is this fact or fiction?
Knowledge is the clearest and most direct representation of utter power. The power to change your place on Earth, the power to change your fate, the very power to alter yourself. Thirst for this power and your inner longings will become satisfied and your external desires will become moot.http://www.geocities.com/kalebbkellum/

#2 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 04 August 2004 - 06:44 PM

http://bombshells.co...bio/index10.php

"Jayne's personal life was beginning to become more and more complicated. Her daughter Jayne Marie ran away from home and asked police from protection against Jayne and Brody. This resulted in a trial which caused many Mansfield fans to become concerned. Jayne supposedly became involved with the Church of Satan. Her longtime publicist, Raymond Strait denied all of Jayne's "alleged" activites with The Church of Satan and its leader Anton LeVay. She had met LeVay at the San Francisco Film Festival and did not take him seriously at all. Jayne and Brody's drinking, brawling and carousing would ultimately end a tour she was involved in in Britain, because of the black and blue marks on her legs made her unfit to wear the required short costumes on stage."

http://www.snopes.co...ctors/jayne.htm

"Some have chosen to attribute Mansfield's early demise (she was 34) to a curse somehow connected to the International Church of Satan, an institution founded in 1966 by Anton LaVey. Little is known about the rumored curse, but LaVey is on record as saying it was worked upon her by a consort. Another version has LaVey laying it onto Mansfield's boyfriend Sam Brody, supposedly because Brody was disruptive during Church services and was making Mansfield's life a hell on earth. That the alleged curse also ended up taking the life of one it was meant to help is deeply ironic."

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#3 sallytheragdoll

sallytheragdoll

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:taking pictures, music, paranormal research,rainbows, pickles, lots of stuff

Posted 04 August 2004 - 07:46 PM

It is fiction. I and many people I know follow the beliefs of Anton LeVey and it is nothing like people come to believe. You should read one of his books.

#4 sallytheragdoll

sallytheragdoll

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:taking pictures, music, paranormal research,rainbows, pickles, lots of stuff

Posted 04 August 2004 - 07:50 PM

Magus Anton Szandor LaVey, please excuse my typo.

#5 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

Uses WD-40 for evil purposes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  • Interests:Animals, ice skating, pets, animal issues, historical societies, travelling, and of course - ghost hunting.

Posted 05 August 2004 - 01:49 PM

The A & E channel has a biography about Jayne Mansfield on Friday night (August 6).  I think that it is on at 8 pm EST.  It is worth watching.
The reason that a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail and not his tongue.Do unto others, then run.Life's messy. Clean it up.

#6 KalebKellum

KalebKellum

Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Interests:Ghosthunting, all aspects of the paranormal and the occult. I love to read and write, Stephen King is my current favorite author. I enjoy cemetery photography, exploring old places, being a husband and a father.<br><br>I love ghosthunting here in New Orleans. There is something new and amazing to discover here everyday. The culture is like no other. I lived in New Orleans all my life and complained about it everyday. It took moving out of state to make me realize how much I love this city. Now I'm back in New Orleans and couldn't be happier.

Posted 08 August 2004 - 02:35 PM

I watched that but didn't see an mention of the Church of Satan.
Knowledge is the clearest and most direct representation of utter power. The power to change your place on Earth, the power to change your fate, the very power to alter yourself. Thirst for this power and your inner longings will become satisfied and your external desires will become moot.http://www.geocities.com/kalebbkellum/

#7 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 09 August 2004 - 05:57 AM

Because there is little to no real exisiting proof as to her connection to the Church of Satan, I doubt that A&E would mention it in their bio on her life and career.  

Krafted with luv

by monsters

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users