#16 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,399 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 28 May 2003 - 04:24 AM

but in our belief system we don't have any Angel of Death. We say God of Death who is called Dharmaraja - transalates into King of "Dharma" --> Righteousness. But yes, there is also the concept of him moving around taking the soul with him that makes him Death itself! then comes the twist, once the soul leaves, it is believed that either Swargapalakas --> Servants of Heaven or Narakapalakas --> Servants of Hell will take the soul with them. (Swarga means Heaven, Naraka means Hell and Palaka means keepers or servants). So I am not too sure about the Angel of Death itself as explained. But definitely there is "some" entity and there is something going on. I am sure of this from my experiences at the hospital where my dad had his last days. It wasn't disturbing, but very much thought provoking.
Posted Image

#17 maharet

maharet

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 28 June 2003 - 09:00 AM

Were there any mothman reports before 9/11? Just curious, since that was quite a disaster. I think someone said they saw the Capitol Hill demon cat before 9/11 too.

#18 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 28 June 2003 - 12:13 PM

What is the Capital Hill Demon Cat?? I heard a lot of weird stories and things after 9/11 but not that one
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#19 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 01 July 2003 - 12:06 PM

Pleas tell us more about the demon cat :o
I haven't heard of any weird things surrounding 911 but Please share if you have. :D
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#20 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 03 July 2003 - 06:02 PM

Apparently the demon cat is the spirit of a cat that lives in the basement of the White House and is only seen prior to a disaster of one kind or another.

When first spotted, it appears to be a normal, black kitty cat.  But when you approach it, kitty grows to about the size of  a panther or bigger and attacks the witness, but disappears just before it hits them.

I read  a bit about it on a paranormal researcher's website, and apparently if real, the staff at Capitol Hill don't talk about it.  I'll look up that link.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#21 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 03 July 2003 - 06:08 PM

Demon Cat link....scroll down to the bottom of the page

http://www.dchauntin...om/Caphill.html

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#22 Cheshire

Cheshire

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 July 2003 - 02:33 PM

Well, Vampchick...that was very interesting. I had never heard of the Demon Cat before.
Follow no one, break the rules and live life on the edge.

#23 Pandora801

Pandora801

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 11:19 PM

could it be possible that maybe the mothman angel of death or whatever you want to believe or see only appears if he feels that there is an event that shouldn't happen maybe 9/11 was something that needed to happen I know it's looking at it from a dark point of view but sometimes there are things that need to happen in order to trigger other things or maybe an evolution of a sort. so if there were sitings of the mothman or angel of death etc... maybe it's something we also need to think how has it effected future generations. there are still children born around the area of hiroshima that still have mutations could there be something further to the earthquake of chicago? who knows what lies behind the motives of the supernatural

#24 Stella

Stella

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 09 September 2003 - 04:46 PM

I know this was an old topic, but I thought I would share my two cents (perhaps a nickle?)

First and foremost, I thought the move was lame lol  I barrely got through it still awake, but there were some paralells with what happened at the Crystal Bridge.  A friend of mine lives about 20 minutes from Point Pleasant (where the bridge collapsed) and she recalls stories that her relatives told about that time.  People were "going a little nuts" about the Mothman, claiming sightings and such.  

My other "penny" on the topic is that I live abotu 15-20 minutes away from Damascus, Ohio and work about 5 minutes from it. (someone mentioned Damascus somewhere in the thread)  Granted, i've never BEEN to the town, but being as close as I am, i'm surprised i've never heard the stories.  Not saying at all that its not possible,, only that I haven't been privy to the tales :D

Ok, so maybe it was a cent and  half...anyone have change?
Stella

#25 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • Interests:Photography, baking, sewing

Posted 09 September 2003 - 05:55 PM

I have never heard about that story.  I heard a story that Lincoln is said to still walk the hallways of the White House.  The mothman sounds very interesting.  Has he been sighted recently?
Peace, love and happiness always!

#26 Jhangles

Jhangles

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 13 October 2003 - 08:48 AM

Here's a great site for the Mothman:

http://www.mothmanlives.com/

This site was started by the people who live in the town where the Mothman appeared for a short time.  

-Jhangles
Killing never solves anything~ But it keeps people out of your hair while you think about what to do...

#27 snap43nib

snap43nib

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 95 posts

Posted 18 October 2003 - 03:31 PM

Is the mothman a messanger to warn of an upcoming disaster or is it the cause of an upcoming disaster?  Or are some people just completly nuts?
I'm trapped in my American Nightmare Running Scared.

#28 PaulE

PaulE

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 November 2003 - 03:49 AM

[glow=red,2,300]The human mind is a wonderful thing![/glow]

#29 PaulE

PaulE

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 November 2003 - 04:05 AM

Throughout history all kinds of sightings have been reported prior to disasters or untimely deaths.  From monks to nuns, cats to dogs, Angel to Moth.  I believe it depends on many factors, that determine the image of these sights.  Religion is probably the biggest factor as you will find almost all reglions have some symbol for Death or Fate.
Maybe these sighting aren't of Death at all, but sightings of Fate instead...........worth thinking about!!!!  

#30 bennubaby

bennubaby

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 December 2003 - 07:52 PM

hey i started researching the mothman a while back. i recently saw the movie and found it's basis pretty well developed.  the mothman has been around since man on this planet. there are accounts all around the world of this entity from the earliest records we have.  it is my belief that he is a very powerful spirit. maybe stuck on earth or possibly here to merely help us survive. most of his power is still in the spiritual world. but during times of diseaster his power is increased and he is able to appear in an earthly form temporarily.  one of the few things we actually know for sure is that he is friendly (in the sense that he is not here to do harm). and he is here to stay . when i say he, dont think male by the way. something as powerful as him doesnt need to have a sex, in fact that would weaken him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users