• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 JennaLaLune

JennaLaLune

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 December 2003 - 06:05 PM

I read the book and it scared the living crap out of me. But anyways, ...EXTRADIMENSIONAL BEINGS.  I dont think they have either good or bad intentions, they just do what they do. And it scares the crap out of me. :o :o
"Science without Religion is lame, Religion without Science is Blind." -Albert Einstein

#32 Liquid_Silver

Liquid_Silver

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 December 2003 - 04:53 PM

From the stories I've heard of the mothman he didn't warn people of the future-he attacked people on highways! In one story the people that saw it said it was about 8 or 9 feet tall and it was standing near the almost deserted road. the two drivers didn't get a good look at him when they passed him up but saw in the rear view window that he opened huge bat like wings and flew after them It had eye like markings near on its chest and no noticable head They went up to 60 miles per hour and the creature kept up after a while it dissapeared

#33 iluvghostz

iluvghostz

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Location:x1|bucks|United_Kingdom|europe|181|229|x1|bucks|United_Kingdom|europe|181|229|x1|bucks|United_Kingdom|europe|181|229|x1x1|bucks|

Posted 06 January 2004 - 06:19 AM

wow!!  i went to scotland over half term and on halloween my best friend saw something sitting on top of the shed roof that she described like a mothman.  it was about a normal sized person and just stared at her. one picture of mothmen have no heads and their eyes are set in their bodies, and that is how she described the thing on top of the shed.  she was seriously spooked after.  if it wasnt a mothmman, i wonder what it was??  it could of been a ghost???

#34 iluvghostz

iluvghostz

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Location:x1|bucks|United_Kingdom|europe|181|229|x1|bucks|United_Kingdom|europe|181|229|x1|bucks|United_Kingdom|europe|181|229|x1x1|bucks|

Posted 06 January 2004 - 06:23 AM

i did ask her if it could of been a plasticbag or something but she insisted it was real.  i went on a ghost walk in cambridge and the man doing it said that being in the countryside for a period of time makes your senses higher to paranormal activity, so really it could of been anything!!

#35 ApparitionSeeker

ApparitionSeeker

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, Film, Writing, Acting, Theatre, Ghost Seeking, Alamo History, Rock 'n' Roll, Spirituality, Cults

Posted 24 July 2004 - 10:23 AM

i know some things about the Mothman.

One story:
"two teens passing a graveyard were chased by a flying creature at over 90 miles an hour, until it vanished."

the Movie: WAY DIFFERENT

MOTHMAN SPOTTED IN ENGLAND????

i heard that similiar things have happened in europe.

#36 Daewen

Daewen

Thinks Smilies Taste Like Chicken

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts
  • Interests:singing, travel, music ( death metal, jrock, visual kei, punk, goth, deathcore ), Wicca, fashion, nature, cooking, goth, Japan, cats, glbt rights, baking, anne rice vampires, tolkien elves, ghosts...

Posted 24 July 2004 - 11:28 AM

before I read this I had never heard about the mothman as a sign of danger...I had just heard about it running after people and scaring them...thanks for telling me new info about the mothman...
http://myworld.ebay....riakuroneko0489 Buy my clothes! Take a look.

http://www.dresm.com/ariakuroneko0489 Take a look at my other cheaper clothes too!

http://soundcloud.com/astrid-essex Trying this out as well. Some of my music on soundcloud.

#37 honeybeary

honeybeary

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Interests:Reading, walking, hiking, photography

Posted 03 August 2004 - 09:00 AM

I've seen the movie and it was kinda creepy the thought that you would be I guess I could say forewarned of a disatser taht is about to happen. The mothman is a really fasinating legend and I enjoyed the link very interesting.
What doesn't kill us makes us strong.

#38 shdwmnkyX

shdwmnkyX

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 11:08 AM

I wouldn't consider Mothman an Urban Legend.  This was a "Creature" sighted by many reliable witnesses.  It did have very spiritual qualities, but to call it an angel of anykind would be a stretch.  It's more like a modern day banshee.  There are a lot of good sights about this bizarre thing.  Check out www.paranormal.about.com .  Not only does it have information on Mothman, but it has links to all kinds of good sights.
"I fear my enthusiasm flags when real work is demanded of me." -HP Lovecraft

#39 black_shuck

black_shuck

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 11:29 AM

I figure we can put him in the same category as "Spring Heel Jack", the "Mad Gasser of Matoon", the "Flatwwoods Monster", and the "Hopkinsville Goblins". Then again, maybe not.
BLACK SHUCK (showing its red eyes,howling as it walks).

#40 shdwmnkyX

shdwmnkyX

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 11:34 AM

Pretty much.  Like all of the rest he kinda showed up for a while, scared a few people, then disappeared back to what ever void spawns such curiosities.  Love the name by the way, phantom dogs have always been a favorite of mine.

#41 black_shuck

black_shuck

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 11:56 AM

"Phantom dogs"? "Black Shuck" is one of many names for them, depending where one happens to be in America or Europe.Some may be headless, though one can still see the red eyes,located as if the head was still there.Let's not forget "phantom hitchhikers","phantom nuns and monks","phantom ships","phantom travelers","phantom vehicles". That's all I can remember right now.
BLACK SHUCK (showing its red eyes,howling as it walks).

#42 shdwmnkyX

shdwmnkyX

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 04:38 PM

There are ties between both Mothman and Phantom...Everythings.  The both appear out of nowhere, scare the heck out of people and dissappear.  They also both seem to have spiritual qualities.  John A. Keel states that they are probably different parts of the same phenomenon.  Not Extraterrestial, but Ultraterrestial in nature.

#43 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 12:04 PM

He also points out that the reports stareted in the 60's unlike most Urban Legends.
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

#44 FantasyGhost

FantasyGhost

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 07:56 PM

i saw the movie, and to tell ya the truth, it scared the crap out of me, especially cause i live really close to where it was filmed

but i think this thing is definately real, and shows up when it feels it needs to warn us of impending danger
'"My dearest friend, if you don't mind, I'd like to join you by your side"-Jack Skellington in the Nightmare Before Christmas

#45 Boointhecity

Boointhecity

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 January 2005 - 01:50 PM

I have also heard of stories where people would see UFO activity along with Mothman sightings :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users