• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16 Alan B

Alan B

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:34 PM

Yes, I do believe that someone/something can be cursed. But, I think the severity/extent of the curse will depend on the one who's initiating the curse to begin with.
Maybe, some cast this negative energy onto others & not aware of it, like what some call the "evil eye."

Throw a snow ball at me too, looks like everyone else got one. I dont believe in curses, make life what you want it to be. You never stated what the run-in was all about at the ripe old age of 15 or 16. Move on with your life.

#17 Cassiel

Cassiel

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Laity Religious Demonologist...Healer

Posted 08 March 2009 - 02:03 AM

Well this was all brought up by my mother whom reminded me about it due to my down luck since the hapening.

A while back when I was 15-16 or so, I had a run in with some lady, I dont remember what the confrintation was but I remember she started rambling on about curisng, she said she would curse me.

Now looking back, everything has gone to crap since then, I lost pratically everything, My girl, my car, my job and about to lose my sanity.

Is this possible?

Yes a family can carry a curse for many generations...

Blessings

cassiel

קפציאל Angel of Temperance.

#18 cotton08

cotton08

Senior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:I'm a scrub nurse, I have a rescued black lab and another puppy that's half black lab and half Chihuaha (sp?) - strange looking dog, but sweet. I became interested in EVP when my fiance passed. - I wrote about that somewhere else in my profile. (my real name's Connie)<br /><br />I like to swim, go to flea markets and antique malls - I am OBSESSED with anything from the 40's. Don't know why.<br /><br />I use poems, music lyrics, whatever, and make strangely beautiful, poignant 'pieces' out of paper, ripped up towels, glue, newspaper, jewelry, glitter, dirt, sand, anything I happen to see. Hard to describe, you'd just have to see them. That's my favorite thing to do, just create something out of nothing that makes people laugh or cry - brings them outta themselves for a while.

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:48 AM

I love it in the movie The Color Purple, when Ceelie puts a curse on Mister. She tells him "everything you even think about is gonna crumble"

then outside she points her fingers at him in that creepy way and says, "Everything you done to me, already done to you."

and he falls apart.

i think it can happen in real life too

#19 chestnut

chestnut

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 01:09 PM

To me it's more about the mindset of a person--if you *think* you're cursed, you'll proceed throughout life in a way that may bring about negative events, or at least the perception of bad luck.

But sometimes I also think karma plays a part.....there are just people who really do end up reaping what they sow!

#20 CrystalEyz

CrystalEyz

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 03:25 PM

Yes, I do believe that someone/something can be cursed. But, I think the severity/extent of the curse will depend on the one who's initiating the curse to begin with.
Maybe, some cast this negative energy onto others & not aware of it, like what some call the "evil eye."

Throw a snow ball at me too, looks like everyone else got one. I dont believe in curses, make life what you want it to be. You never stated what the run-in was all about at the ripe old age of 15 or 16. Move on with your life.

I must disagree Alan, there are cases of curses, and I never believed it either, till my best friend went through this and she is not a teenager, but an adult (Shankpin)There is something called bi-location in which a Demonic haunting can occur in more than one location/homes, so that happened to her as well and family. :wave: People who practice things such as witchcraft and things of that nature, somehow have the ability to project evil onto others. I also have another friend, who once practiced it, and got out of. The payback was near deadly, so yes these things seem out there, but they do happen. Its not always easy to "get over" something that can be so frightening, and dangerous, it takes time and these were not that long ago. I met a woman once in Louisiana and thats all she did, was curses. Glad I met her once and was on her good side..CE

#21 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 08 March 2009 - 04:09 PM

Speaking as a practicing Witch, can you clarify what you mean by 'witchcraft and things of that nature"? Because not all witchcraft is evil.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#22 shankpin

shankpin

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 07:02 PM

Dude, you got issues ? Who said anything about the ripe old age of 15-16? I surely didn't. Get your facts straight!
Posted Image <---- my attack bee

#23 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 08 March 2009 - 07:45 PM

The original poster mentioned the age of 15-16, back on page one.

Let's keep it nice here folks. We mean it when we put that kind of thing in the guidelines. If you feel there is an issue, action number one should always be using the 'Report' button found on the lower left hand side of each post. This sends a PM to the board moderator. Yelling back never works out.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#24 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 08:15 PM

Please, everyone, try to keep the discussion at a civil level and remember to take a deep breath and re-read before posting, some of these comments are starting to sound unnecessarily heated.
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#25 cotton08

cotton08

Senior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:I'm a scrub nurse, I have a rescued black lab and another puppy that's half black lab and half Chihuaha (sp?) - strange looking dog, but sweet. I became interested in EVP when my fiance passed. - I wrote about that somewhere else in my profile. (my real name's Connie)<br /><br />I like to swim, go to flea markets and antique malls - I am OBSESSED with anything from the 40's. Don't know why.<br /><br />I use poems, music lyrics, whatever, and make strangely beautiful, poignant 'pieces' out of paper, ripped up towels, glue, newspaper, jewelry, glitter, dirt, sand, anything I happen to see. Hard to describe, you'd just have to see them. That's my favorite thing to do, just create something out of nothing that makes people laugh or cry - brings them outta themselves for a while.

Posted 08 March 2009 - 08:42 PM

A while back, everything was going so bad for me that I decided someone had put a curse on me. I looked it up and it said to burn 3 strands of your hair or 3 - I don't remember now, but it had something to do with the number 3.

anyway, I did it. I lit a candle and put the hair in it, boy did it stink!

but things started looking up after that. I don't remember where I looked it up, or if someone told me to do it, but I think I looked it up at the library.

Have you all ever heard of this?

Edited by cotton08, 08 March 2009 - 08:43 PM.

#26 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 08:45 PM

I know there's a love spell that involves burning three strands of hair over incense, so frankly it wouldn't surprise me that there was a spell to lift negative energy that also used three strands of hair. Three is a powerful number.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#27 Cassiel

Cassiel

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:07 PM

Speaking as a practicing Witch, can you clarify what you mean by 'witchcraft and things of that nature"? Because not all witchcraft is evil.

How correct you are Dear Vampchick; I myself have dear friends who are Witches; Warlocks; Shamans...In my line of work and study I know many who are involved with various religions.. I myself am finding offense in some of these statements and am starting to see a pattern with certain individuals that are questioning me for evidence to prove to them to satisfy some thing that seems like a personal vendetta. Now I see where there is a report button thank you for pointing that out. I also want to Say yes curses can run for generations but that does not mean that a "Witch" put upon someone such. There are ancestors that may have made an out right pact or offer to evil for any number of reasons. This can and does follow some families through generations. Curses are real in my opinion and in the opinion of my chosen religion Roman Catholicism;but I will say that I Do not believe it fair to blame "Witches" for curses.
From what I understand and I do study all religions; Witches are in harmony with nature and adamantly believe if you put something out it comes back X three ( correct me if I am wrong as its been a while)

God Bless

Cassiel

Edited by Cassiel, 08 March 2009 - 09:07 PM.

#28 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:19 PM

I only asked her to clarify because witchcraft as a term DOES cover a wide range, although the majority of us who use the term and the label do not practice things dark. Simply clarification when asked generally prevents blowups and helps everyone to see where each of us is coming from.

We encourage questioning here, it helps us to learn, it helps us to futher understand a given situation or experience that someone has had, and in the case of the evidence board, helps us to weed out unexplainable (and therefore paranormal) evidence from known equipment errors. Someone asking you for further information and asking detailed questions on points is NOT a personal vendetta by any stretch of the imagination.

Back to our regularly scheduled topic.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#29 Cassiel

Cassiel

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:44 PM

I was not referring to this thread..but as it seems there is a lot of personal quips here I shall retract my statement an find my self a different thread. and maybe I have been wrong about this forum altogether..

God Bless

Cassiel

#30 mooboo

mooboo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Alternative medicines,acupuncture,animals,animal rescue,marine life, herbs,occult,japan,china,vietnam,uk,italy,rock music,horror,sci-fi,thriller,drama,historic,fun;tv,cartoons,books,movies.<br />Etc,etc

Posted 24 March 2009 - 01:07 AM

*nods*
It is all true.Evil eye,a curse as simple as Celies from The Color Purple,to a full blown animal sacrifice curse,is all real,and it does have affect.
And curses for generations goes back to the bible....sins of the father,for at least 3 generations.
(the Kennedy family always comes to mind when i think of that)

If it seems to be a recent thing,with a lot of little niggly annoying things happening,sounds simple.
And any witch that can curse,should also be able to cleanse and heal.
Do a cleansing on yourself. Think white light all around and "put up mirrors".
Imagine a mirrored disco ball around yourself,reflecting all bad stuff away from you.
Sounds weird,but mirrors work !
Then smudge your home,(burn incense),throw holy water,pray,and ask your guardians to dispel this
problem and to protect you,your home,your money ,your family.

I hope this helps.Good luck to you.
Miss"We were just just picknicking friends"Knowledge speaks ,but wisdom listens~Jimi Hendrix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users