Can somebody really be cursed?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 seakla

seakla

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interests are reading and writing. I also love to research my genealogy and love to research other little historical people or events that catch my attention. I am really getting into homespun crafts and have recently learned howe to weave a basket, make my own paper and am currently learning to carve wood. <br /><br />I am married (10 years in 2006) and have two daughters who will be 10 and 8 in 2006. We all enjoy hanging around outside in our own yard, but also are fond of grabbing a South Carolina map, looking at it and saying &quot;this looks like a cool place&quot; and we will take off and drive there. <br /><br />I also enjoy meeting other people and learning about other places and cultures and have a few penpals that I am trying to be better at writing to regularly.

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:19 AM

I beleive curses are real, and i don't think its a case of "they are only real if the crused one believes they are real." Its not a psychosymatic effect, it can be real whether the accursed knows it or not.

However, I think knowing it or feeling you are cursed DOES ADD power to the curse. So, the first step would be to tell yourself that the curse has no power over you and that the person placing the curse has no power over you. Then a cleansing or look for a curse-breaking spell.
Believe and you will be rewarded~Check out my newest release: Magick for the Kitchen WitchVisit my site http://seakla.tripod.com for an autographed copy or purchase it at any online bookstore [

#32 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:43 PM

Interesting thoughts. I have never been sure how far belief will go. Example: say someone gets cursed and they don't believe in curses. How much power would the alleged curse hold over the unbeliever? Probably not as much as someone who's terrified of the curse. We can scare ourselves to death or get careless out of that fear.

I look forward to the thoughts of everyone.
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#33 Entity

Entity

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:49 PM

I believe the power for curse comes from the intention of the person who is casting it.

#34 itsdark

itsdark

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 12:59 PM

a legit curse would have started working instantly right?

#35 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,386 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 10 April 2009 - 01:04 PM

Blessing or Curse, it gains power from the intention. But unfortunately and unlike a Blessing, a curse can bring about negativity to the person casting it.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users