Can somebody really be cursed?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 Redneck Racer

Redneck Racer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:My interest are Driving, racing, Trucks, Cars, Dirt Bikes, Atvs, Building Hot Rods, Ghost Hunting and Reading Car Mags, Mafia Movies and Playing Video Games

Posted 14 December 2008 - 08:22 PM

Well this was all brought up by my mother whom reminded me about it due to my down luck since the hapening.

A while back when I was 15-16 or so, I had a run in with some lady, I dont remember what the confrintation was but I remember she started rambling on about curisng, she said she would curse me.

Now looking back, everything has gone to crap since then, I lost pratically everything, My girl, my car, my job and about to lose my sanity.

Is this possible?

#2 Shawn333

Shawn333

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 09:41 AM

I doubt it. If anything curses probably work more on a psychological level. Even if there is something to it I'm willing to bet it's still a mind over matter battle of wills sort of thing. If you don't allow it to have power over you then it won't. But honestly I don't think people have that kind of power over each other. Most people are going to lose at least one car and job and several women over the course of their life. That stuff was just going to happen anyway. I never had my sanity to begin with so I can't speak on that. Get a better job and car and try to look at it all in a positive way. If you lose a girl then it wasn't meant to be anyway.

I just did a voodoo spell against one of the mods here (AnnieV) and her life has actually gotten much better since then so......no, I don't think curses are possible dude.

#3 Redneck Racer

Redneck Racer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:My interest are Driving, racing, Trucks, Cars, Dirt Bikes, Atvs, Building Hot Rods, Ghost Hunting and Reading Car Mags, Mafia Movies and Playing Video Games

Posted 15 December 2008 - 02:16 PM

Well it just seemed that way, I mean I could drive by the speed limit and everything and get pulled over out of random, My license just got suspended for some crap in Feb.

Im stuck basically for a month and I was trying to figure out what went wrong, and my mother reminded me of this, because I asked her about it when I was 16 or so, some lady said she cursed me.

And everything huge that I have lost has been in this past year, The Girl in feb, the truck in may, my job in sep, my sanity right now lol

#4 Ike

Ike

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 15 December 2008 - 02:47 PM

I do believe in curses. But I don't think someone who can curse (Spellwise, everyone can curse language wise.) properly would go around cursing people without a reason. Just keep a positive attitude.
Thats great taylor and Imma let you continue, but Ghostvillage is the best paranormal site of all time~<3

#5 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 15 December 2008 - 04:19 PM

I think curses work if you let them. Stand up and take control of your life! OR....you can just let life take control of you.
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#6 Kristy

Kristy

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Interests:I will be updating my &quot;interests&quot; soon-lol.

Posted 15 December 2008 - 05:05 PM

I think curses work if you let them. Stand up and take control of your life! OR....you can just let life take control of you.

*Nods head in agreement with "Puti"......

#7 Morbid

Morbid

Thinks the jelly runs out of the peanut butter sandwich in head

• PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 17 December 2008 - 03:36 AM

In my experience, curses work, and well too. But the fact is that you're using energies of the universe, and the universe isn't in to petty crap. If you yourself are not able to remember what the confrontation was about, it's almost guaranteed that the universe wouldn't sanction enough energy for her to curse you. You WOULD remember what it was that you did, and judging by your posts that I've seen, and the energies you radiate, you'd probably feel bad about it. The best she could do is try to do is get karma to bite you in the rear according to what it was you did. It's a crappy time in the economy, so tons of people are losing jobs, and as Shawn333 said, people lose cars and jobs all the time, women come and go, and there's always the chance that if you see this as a curse you'll attribute it all to a curse. It's a psychological way to cope with all the crap life sends to people, don't let it get you down, times will pick up soon enough.
Dark Blessings,
Morbid
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.The law of Chaos.

#8 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests and hobbies. <br />I have enjoyed White Water Rafting down the Penobscot River, Dead River and Kennebec River all on several occasions, Hiking in the White Mountains, Camping, Taking Photographs, watching the horse pull's at Fryeburg Fair, Canning, Sewing, Scrap Booking, Fly Tying, My Artwork........<br /><br />Over the last few years; I have added vegetable gardening, to the job of getting my property back into shape. (it is amazing how well vegetable's mix into a flower garden)<br /><br />I love reading ghost stories and seeing programs on the paranormal.<br />My experiences with the paranormal began when I was still an infant and have continued to this day.

Posted 17 December 2008 - 10:24 AM

Redneck Racer,
I really don't believe in another s ability to curse someone.
I think everyone at one time or another will go through a rough patch in there lives; for instance there was a 2 1/2 year period in my life that I just couldn't seem to stay out of the hospital emergency room. (car accidents, motorcycle, slip and fall, smack in the jaw w a pry-bar... the list goes on and on) it was just the way the cookie crumbled for me.I kept reminding myself there are a lot of other people out there having a lot more trouble than I was having.
Try to look for the positive around you every day. It will take some conchies effort on your part, over time you will notice that you life isn't as full of bad luck as you first thought.
M.

Time exists so everything doesn't happen at once.Space exists so everything doesn't happen to you.*

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.*-- Scottish Proverb

#9 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 28 December 2008 - 07:51 PM

I believe in curses. I've witnessed some come to pass.

However, in your case, I think it's more of you taking note of all the bad / negative experiences. Start a "Blessings Journal". Everyday write down something positive that happened, some blessing you received, etc.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#10 Gosman

Gosman

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 09:29 PM

Why do you feel that this is not a genuine curse then? If you believe curses are possible then surely you must accept the possibility that this is a situation where a curse could be active.

The concept of curses seems to me to be a very superstitious belief system. I would suggest that there is little evidence that curses actually are real certainly there is no scientific studies of curses that have been published to my knowledge. Perhaps you know of some peer reviewed work in this area published by academics?

#11 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 11:37 PM

I personally witnessed a case where a woman was cursed without her knowledge. She was 38 years old, had excellent health, and her family was close. A year later I saw the same woman and hardly recognized her. She appeared to be in her 70s and her family had fallen apart. There are real curses.

However, I believe that most people who think they are cursed have turned it into a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you believe something bad will happen, it usually will. It's the corrollary of the placebo effect.

#12 Gosman

Gosman

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 06:31 PM

That case you "witnessed" sounds very much like the situation that is occuring to the original poster of this thread yet you are pretty confident that they are not cursed. How do you make a distinction between a genuine curse versus a psychosematic one? Is this just your instinct or do you have some sort of objective meassurement?

#13 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 08:52 PM

It is mostly just my gut feeling. The lady actually told Redneck Racer that she would put a curse on him, already planting the possibility of him turning it into a self-fulfilling prophecy. The lady my story wasn't told about the curse, so it is unlikely she did it to herself. Again, the possibility does exist.

#14 Nightmare Before Victor

Nightmare Before Victor

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:ALL THAT IS STRANGE AND UNUSUAL

Posted 01 January 2009 - 03:06 PM

Well this was all brought up by my mother whom reminded me about it due to my down luck since the hapening.

A while back when I was 15-16 or so, I had a run in with some lady, I dont remember what the confrintation was but I remember she started rambling on about curisng, she said she would curse me.

Now looking back, everything has gone to crap since then, I lost pratically everything, My girl, my car, my job and about to lose my sanity.

Is this possible?

curses only work if you let them, try to not let it get in your way, the past is the past and i think you should move on...if you still feel uncomfortable try a cleansing ritual or prayer whatever it is that helps you. good luck

#15 shankpin

shankpin

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:16 PM

Yes, I do believe that someone/something can be cursed. But, I think the severity/extent of the curse will depend on the one who's initiating the curse to begin with.
Maybe, some cast this negative energy onto others & not aware of it, like what some call the "evil eye."
Posted Image <---- my attack bee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users