• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Angel_of_Death

Angel_of_Death

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 12:29 AM

I've had this nickname for video games for quiet a while now, not in reference to anything... and I was just wondering if there are any big stories behind the Angel of Death, or is that just another name for the Grim Reaper or something? Well, if you have stories or links, just reply ;)

#2 T-Buck

T-Buck

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 September 2003 - 11:50 AM

it is in the Bible
THE 4 State GHOSTHUNTER

#3 MTV

MTV

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 02:29 PM

According to psychic Sylvia Browne there is no such thing as a angel of death. ;)

#4 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 04:59 PM

I know that in my family so far everyone that has died has always reported being visited by and seeing a beautiful 'angel' in the room a few days before they pass.  My dad, uncle, cousin and grandmother said that their angels came.  So, I always took this as the angel of death.  
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

#5 shdwmnkyX

shdwmnkyX

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 11:27 AM

The main Angel of Death is Azrael.  Although I've heard of Gabriel filling in that role in a pinch.  Both of Them are ArchAngels.
"I fear my enthusiasm flags when real work is demanded of me." -HP Lovecraft

#6 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 11:55 AM

I have heard of the Angel of Death. But as I recall it had to do with the whole holocaust issue. Research saids that this portion of the Death Camps tour looks at the history of holocaust. By comparing Germany's Nazi holocaust and America's abortion holocaust you'll see there is practically no difference between the mindset of holocaust then and now. As with slavery in early America, killing Jews in Nazi Germany, or killing babies in America today -- just because something is legal does not make it right. So how do you get a country to allow humans to be treated worse than animals? You use euphemisms to convince people that these actions are justifiable, or even beneficial.

Abortion advocates and America's largest Death Camp operator, Planned Parenthood, have elevated the dehumanization of holocaust victims to an art form with their 'pro-choice' rhetoric. But those who side with the pro-choice crowd may be shocked by the racial slurs and elitist ideals of Planned Parenthood's celebrated founder, Margaret Sanger. As you'll see, her words and goals bear an eerie similarity to the words and ideas of the Nazis. Let's begin by looking at the famous Nazi Death Camp doctor who graduated from killing Jews to killing babies.

Don’t hold on me this, because I researched this information.

Hunny
I smile because I have no idea of what's going on.

#7 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 04 August 2004 - 04:38 PM

The main Angel of Death is Azrael.  Although I've heard of Gabriel filling in that role in a pinch.  Both of Them are ArchAngels.

i've always thought of the angel of death as kind of the grim reaper, but not as bad. like someone that comes to the dying and takes the soul away. i also have always thought of the angel of death as azrael, thanks to dogma. i love that movie.
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#8 opterasis

opterasis

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 04:43 PM

dogma... i knew i heard azrael somewhere. there and the game Diablo 2.
myspace.com/corecontagionmy DVDAF

#9 linuxbear

linuxbear

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 10:56 AM

The Muslim theology, Azrael is the angel of death. He will be the last to die, but will do so at the second trump of the archangel.

The phrase 'the Wings of Azrael' refers to the approach of death; the signs of death coming on the dying. The story goes that Moses petitioned Allah to send a being to relieve people of their lives, having had a virgin who had lived for over 500 years resurrected, and hearing her complaining of the world weariness she had experienced. Allah then sent Azrael to take people's lives after sixty or seventy years.

In Judeo-Christian belief, the archangel of Annunciation, Resurrection, Mercy, Revelation and Death. Also known in Hebrew orthography as Gabri-el. The angel who gave the Annunciation of Christ's birth to the Virgin Mary, and also the angel responsible for blowing the Trump on Judgment Day.

In Islamic belief, the angel who dictated the Q'uran to Muhammad, and the angel of Truth.

Some theological thought holds that Gabriel is (as much as angels can be) female, the only one among a male or androgynous Host. The name is derived from the Sumerian root GBR, governor.

The Angel of Death in Falasha lore. It is said that Moses received all his knowledge from Suriel. This "angel" is also mentioned in The Canonical Prayerbook of the Mandaeans as "Sauriel the Releaser".

I hope that helps ;)

If i die tomorrow id be alright becasue i believe that after were gone, the spirit carries on! James LaBrie Dream Theater Metropolis Part 2: Scenes from a Memory

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users