• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 KalebKellum

KalebKellum

Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Interests:Ghosthunting, all aspects of the paranormal and the occult. I love to read and write, Stephen King is my current favorite author. I enjoy cemetery photography, exploring old places, being a husband and a father.<br><br>I love ghosthunting here in New Orleans. There is something new and amazing to discover here everyday. The culture is like no other. I lived in New Orleans all my life and complained about it everyday. It took moving out of state to make me realize how much I love this city. Now I'm back in New Orleans and couldn't be happier.

Posted 29 July 2004 - 09:39 AM

There seems to be a lot of myths surrounding Hollywood movies.

For example, in the last 70's there was a movie made called Hell's Gates, which when played at the theatre, would make many people in the audience physically ill. No one figured out why until the spliced the movie and found tons of subliminal images of dead bodies, abortion clinic procedures and meat processing plants hidden in the scenes.

Another popular one is the ghost in Three Men and a Baby. That one was later diagnosed a hoax, after the ghost reflection turned out to be a Ted Danson cardboard cutout.

The hanging body in Wizard of Oz has yet to be proven or disproven, and if you've ever played Pink Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon" album with Wizard of Oz, you'll really be freaked out. The songs run almost in perfect sync with scenes from the movie.

And the creepiest one ever would have to be the curse that Antone Levay layed on actress Jane Mansfield after her manager insisted that she leave his Church of Satan. They were killed in a terrible car wreck after leaving his church.

The one legend I've yet to be able to confirm is the Poltergeist story. Along with the fact that so many of the cast members died or became ill while filming, there is also supposed to be a scence in the movie where a child is seen peering through a window. This child was not an actor in the film or part of the stage crew. No one yet can confirm that legend.
Knowledge is the clearest and most direct representation of utter power. The power to change your place on Earth, the power to change your fate, the very power to alter yourself. Thirst for this power and your inner longings will become satisfied and your external desires will become moot.http://www.geocities.com/kalebbkellum/

#2 opterasis

opterasis

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 09:48 AM

One i heard that was actually proven false was the UFO in jaws. Turns out it was just an shooting star.
myspace.com/corecontagionmy DVDAF

#3 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 29 July 2004 - 09:53 AM

Hmm...I've heard the Three Men & A Baby one..and my husband has pointed out the Wizard of Oz/Pink Floyd thing (actually, somewhere in Toronto there will be a showing of Wizard of Oz/Dark Side of the Moon...lol)

I wasn't aware of the hanging body in Wizard..I'll have to look into that one.

I've heard the Jane Mansfield one, however, that one stikes me as only a legend.  

I'll have to look into the child in the window in Poltergeist.  That sounds a tad creepy!

And I've not heard of the Hells Gate one either.  Man...this is interesting....

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#4 opterasis

opterasis

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 09:59 AM

Only hells gate movie i could find on amazon.com isnt very old.

#5 honeybeary

honeybeary

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Interests:Reading, walking, hiking, photography

Posted 03 August 2004 - 08:44 AM

Wow these are really interesting I,ve seen wizard of oz and three men and a baby so many times and i hearde about the ghost in three men and a baby but have never noticed it. Im going to watch both again and really watch for these things.
What doesn't kill us makes us strong.

#6 KalebKellum

KalebKellum

Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  • Interests:Ghosthunting, all aspects of the paranormal and the occult. I love to read and write, Stephen King is my current favorite author. I enjoy cemetery photography, exploring old places, being a husband and a father.<br><br>I love ghosthunting here in New Orleans. There is something new and amazing to discover here everyday. The culture is like no other. I lived in New Orleans all my life and complained about it everyday. It took moving out of state to make me realize how much I love this city. Now I'm back in New Orleans and couldn't be happier.

Posted 04 August 2004 - 04:53 PM

Thanks again for the thoughts. It's hard to believe how many strange things happen in movies that no one ever notices. Makes you wonder if spirits aren't trying to make themselves known through mass media..LOL.
Knowledge is the clearest and most direct representation of utter power. The power to change your place on Earth, the power to change your fate, the very power to alter yourself. Thirst for this power and your inner longings will become satisfied and your external desires will become moot.http://www.geocities.com/kalebbkellum/

#7 sallytheragdoll

sallytheragdoll

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Interests:taking pictures, music, paranormal research,rainbows, pickles, lots of stuff

Posted 04 August 2004 - 07:59 PM

I have heard all but the Hell's gate one.  Anton Szandor LaVey is in Rosemary's baby. Also, if you listen to stairway to heaven backwards there is a subliminal message. Just a side note in the Lion King when Simba lays on the cliff the dust is supposed to spell something naughty. Hint it starts with s and ends with x.

#8 opterasis

opterasis

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 05:50 AM

i watched poltergeist the other day, and kept my eye open for a little girl peeking out a window.. couldnt see it. as for the lionking one, ive heard about it, but i dont see it.  Speaking of disney, my friend actually showed me this... alot of the old disney VHS cases have umm... male equipment drawn into the cover art. my friend actually showed me, the only one i remember is little mermaid.

#9 Casper2737

Casper2737

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 11:14 PM

The Three Men and a Baby is not a hoax. If you look at the same window as they pan back to it, theres a rifle standing up on the barrel end. I heard it was a cardboard picture of Steve Guttenburg.

#10 shahdhch

shahdhch

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 07:22 PM

It was a cutout of Ted Danson. Later in the movie it shoes the same cutout in his room. The rifle was just the curtain blowing in the wind across the cutout.

#11 shahdhch

shahdhch

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 November 2004 - 07:24 PM

Go to www.snopes.com this site shows close up pictures of Three Men and a Baby.

#12 ghost_chaser_girl

ghost_chaser_girl

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 04:43 AM

I saw the body in Wizard of Oz. Its just after they get in the fight with the apple trees...Look when they go skipping down the yellow brick road over in the trees to the left of them waaaaaaaay in the back...The body comes swinging down out of nowhere...The legend I heard was that a stagehand had hung himself back there.
So..What do you do for a living? Professional Killer...Oh..You get benefits with that?Which conversation shall we join?The one least likely to involve gunfireYes, I love John Cusack. He's such a hottie.

#13 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 07:52 AM

Ah! Another urban legend. I fell for that one too until someone pointed me to snopes.com to dispel the myth. For years i watched the wizard of oz looking for that person in the background.

It tuns out it is an exotic bird that they borrowed to make the set look more exotic!
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#14 cat5799

cat5799

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 27 November 2004 - 09:16 PM

I was watching a movie that had to do with cheerleading and the Urban legend is that if u drop the sprit stick u will have bad luck. Well it is not just in the movie cuz when I was in cheerleading we had that unban legend. I thought I would share that with u. :weeee:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users