31 replies to this topic

#1 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts
  • Interests:Photography, baking, sewing

Posted 08 August 2003 - 09:30 AM

I live in a small town.  They say that it really happened and the shoes are still on the tree.  A few years ago there was a bunch of kids that turned up missing.  The went missing one by one.  There were search parties looking for the kids.  The kids were never found.  The only thing that they could find of the missing kids were their shoes hanging on a tree.  Later everyone found out that there was a serial killer living in the area.  To this day there shoes are still hanging on the tree.
Peace, love and happiness always!

#2 Cheshire

Cheshire

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 August 2003 - 08:11 PM

That's very interesting. I've never heard any variationsd of that or anything so it must be only your town. I could be wrong though. Ya ever visit the tree and see anything strange or anything like that? I'd also be interested in the name of the town, if you don't mind. I don't mean to invade privacy, just being curious.
Follow no one, break the rules and live life on the edge.

#3 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 10 August 2003 - 08:17 PM

Unfortunately I have never seen this tree per say.  I have heard the story and a friend has seen this tree.  The shoes are still there.  There are new shoes in the tree.  I heard that its in Northville-Lyon Township in Michigan.

#4 Cheshire

Cheshire

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 August 2003 - 08:39 PM

New shoes, huh. Ya think they're related to more disappearances or just people messing around?
Follow no one, break the rules and live life on the edge.

#5 TKE448

TKE448

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 04:20 AM

Couldn't someone do some research into old newspapers to prove the validity of the story (not saying it is invalid or anything)?  After you know for sure that the serial killer was around and that a bunch of kid did go missing, then you can work from there and investigate around the tree.

Once again, I'm not saying it didn't happen.
A Drifter is only a poet with wings, he moves but he can't learn to fly, running in footsteps ahead of his time, with no one to see if he cries. Doyle Lawson & QuicksilverPosted ImagePosted Image

#6 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 11:29 AM

That is very interesting and just what legends are made of. Part of them start off with bits of truth then through the telling and passing of time parts are changed or added. I would have to check it out ;D
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#7 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 11:46 AM

I am way to scared to go check out this shoe tree.  I have been by it once and its creepy.  Even my brother won't go check out this shoe tree.

#8 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 06:38 PM

I remember reading this story a couple of times in the past.
I heard that if you try to take down the shoes from the shoe tree the dead owners of the shoes will rise and kill you and your shoes will be added to the many already hung there.
The story goes that some lunatic grabbed kids on their way home or to school. After he molested and murdered them, he would take their shoes and hang them on this White Berch tree.
Anyway, story goes, he would also take the kids clothes and have them turned into the school for charity, so that the parents might see other kids wearing their dead childís clothes. There were rumors that the killer actually worked in one of the elementary schools as a janitor, or cook.
Well, he was caught, and of course, as all urban legends go, he was killed by an angry mob of parents before he could be tried. Thatís all I remember about the Shoe Tree story.

Of course I will be looking for a site or two about this one.
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#9 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 07:46 PM

OK then I thought I was losing my touch there for a moment LOL.

http://dawghouse.top...m/michigan.html

http://www.roadsidea...p3?tip_State=CA
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#10 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 11 August 2003 - 08:19 PM

The web site that you posted says that 6 Mile is where the tree is.  I live on 6 Mile and its not anywhere near here.  I was told that it was on 9 Mile by more than one person.  I believe its closer to Northville than South Lyon.  I was told that the kids were never found, but there have been newer shoes added to the tree.  I don't know how true the story is, but its fun to take people there just to freak them out!

#11 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 08:15 PM

heres a couple more

http://www.roadsidea...00514ARBEA.html

http://www.roadsidea.../shoetrees.html

#12 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 12 August 2003 - 08:16 PM

How about a road called Finkle or 5 mile

#13 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 11:22 AM

Thanks for those links Cajun, I learned something new ;)
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#14 KarenSue1973

KarenSue1973

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 07:19 PM

I checked around...There are 2 shoe trees that I have heard about.  On one 9 mile and the other one is on Spencer Road between 6 and 7.  I don't know which one is the original one.  It may just be a story that is told in this area to scare kids.

#15 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 15 August 2003 - 07:55 PM

You're welcome, glad to be of service.  ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users