• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sheal

Sheal

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 04:11 PM

The synopsis of my case files are both from my case files and my personal blog. I was interviewed by a local college student working for the college newspaper about the Kirby Side Rd stories. When I get a copy of the newspaper from her I will photograph the article to show you it (with their permissions of course).

Without further ado - I give you part one!

This summer past we decided to check out two houses we had heard about on Kirby Rd in Maple, Ontario. It was interesting the experiences to say the least. I “saw” something that would blow my mind and is not the first time I’ve seen a possible apparition (I’ll get to that little story later on). There are three stories concerning these houses. The first house is reported to have a reputation of crying babies and laughing children that are not there and a tomb stone with the words “Selina, I was a cute child” written upon it nearby the house. It is also reputed that if you park your vehicle on the driveway and sit quietly the little girl “Selina” will run around your vehicle all the while tapping on it here and there. I did not experience this part of the suspected phenomena but did see what I believe to be a young girl around the age of 8 or 9 years old with a night gown on and long black hair sitting in the second tree (on the right when walking into the property from the drive way) staring back at me. She was leaning outward and staring right at me. Scared the living crap out of me when I caught this “apparition” out of the corner of my eye and turned back to see what I thought was shadowing, it was clear as day to me but then I am a believer in the paranormal.

We did voice recordings and photographing of the place as well and have some interesting photos and recordings of both houses (still going through all of it). The people who own this land are in the process of renovations (I do not recommend trespassing on people’s properties and always ask first before you go paranormal investigating, always get permission from the owners of the properties) and have torn down a chicken coop as well as are in the process of either tearing down the barn or renovating the barn.

Items found in the barn’s basement - old Italian workbook, old picture book (circa 1854), a Triumph dirt bike (circa late 40’s or 50’s possibly), horse shoes, old looking and very worn. The main house is locked and being renovated for occupancy, possibly occupied already. Again, I must stress - ask permission first before you enter this property.

There is also a story of a one headlight semi truck that passes under the bridge (before you get to the house) and through your vehicle if you park there. Apparently, and I cannot neither confirm or deny it with research at this point, this semi was involved in a horrible accident many years back. It may be an urban legend spin off from the second house that I am about to talk about, you’ll see why in a second.

The second house (rather set of houses) has two houses on the property and two barns. The flooring of both houses are very dangerous, if you decide to check this one out (at the other end of Kirby Rd by the way) watch your footing, bring good flashlights and keep an eye out for skunks, raccoons and bats. This house is called the “Hell House”. It is reputed to have been owned by a family of 7 where the father was involved with the KKK. It is also reputed to be a (the first, larger barn) gathering place of the KKK. The story goes that the father went nuts and killed his family, including a little girl of the same age as the first house. There you will find a lot of graffiti like “You are not alone” and “murder is awesome” as well as “I am watching you”. Obviously this is added by human hands to amp up the hype about these houses and their purported hauntings. It is said (and this is possibly the urban legend transferred to the semi truck with one headlight phenomena at the other house) that a man in a red pick up truck will chase you out of the property if he catches you on it then disappear into thin air. There is also a story of a young woman who is walking the road and suddenly screams then runs into a near by corn field screaming bloody murder, this is purported to be about a woman who was attacked, raped and murdered in the corn fields near this property. She is suppose to disappear into the corn fields if you follow her.

I cannot confirm or deny any of these stories by research at this point, neither in architectural history, land history or anything in old newspapers or obits as of yet. I cannot find anything on any of these stories and we never did find the tomb stone however I have been told that a few “friends of friends” who hang out regularly at these areas have seen the tomb stone and report being chased by both the red pick up and the semi with one head light. As well as seeing the woman in the cornfields. How accurate are these, I do not know but I do know I am sure I saw something that night that IS unexplainable. All 19 of us present at both sites were adults, no children. So how is it I saw a child in a tree at 1 AM in the morning on a Friday night (or rather Saturday morning)? I cannot explain it but I will be researching it and will update if I do ever find any information on these properties!

#2 Sheal

Sheal

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 04:51 PM

PART 2: Confirmation of Tombstone

Photographic evidence of Kirby Houses and Tombstone, News Stories accompanied.

Turns out the tombstone is at the Hell House location and not the primary location where the apparition was spotted by myself. The tombstone story is based on a real live happening of an auto accident from a mini-van roll over involving 4 teenagers. 2 friends, two sisters. One of the sisters, Selina, was killed in the rollover. The tombstone has no explanation for location however. It is a lone tombstone that may have been put there at the site of the roll over by family.

I have located the sister however I have not contacted her out of respect to her and her family in the loss of their family member at this time. The family still resides in Maple, Ontario (some of them) and one of the friends I have also located but again have not made contact at all at this point out of respect. She also still lives in Ontario.

Article 1

Article 2

Photographic Evidence: Location ~ Hell House area, 10 km before the set of houses.
Environment: Clear, warm summer night. No precipitation.
People present: 3 family members, 2 friends. One teenager (16yrs old) rest adults. 1 male, 4 females.
Equipment used: Kodak SureShot Digital Camera - 10mega pixel.
Acquired EVP's? Yes, unknown equipment at this time, family member acquired it.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Additional information:

Turns out that a family member went to Kirby road today during daylight hours to try and find that tombstone I was talking about (Kirby Rd Haunted Houses) and found as well as confirmed that it is indeed “Selina, I was a cute kid” on the tombstone along with the dates of birth and death. I have the navigational directions but was asked to not post them as of yet by said family member, he wants to confirm the information with others first and out of respect for Selina as well. The dates on the stone read January 15th 1978 to November 1st 1993. It is located on Kirby Rd but not near the houses that I spoke of. It’s about 10 feet from the road side and I know as well by confirmation that the house that used to be there (a third site other than the two houses I spoke of) but was demolished back in 2004 or 2005.

We are going to the site ourselves tomorrow night and I will be taking pictures of the tombstone and will post them. It happens that this tombstone is located in front of a field of corn. If you remember I spoke of a phenomena about a young woman who is walking on the road then starts screaming and runs into a corn field. The story going that she was raped and murdered in the corn field and that she haunts the road where she died. She is suppose to disappear when you try to follow her into the fields.

There is a second story that it was actually a car accident involving this woman. I cannot confirm either story at this point but will be researching both accounts to try and confirm or deny either with historical facts.

#3 Sheal

Sheal

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 27 December 2008 - 05:34 PM

Part 3 : Hell house information.

I know there isn’t a lot of information floating about out there on Kirby road and the legends of Kirby. Even the history of Kirby Road is pretty limited without old school footwork (library, architectural histories or micro fiche). I’ve been getting a few comments wanting more information about the locations. Urban Exploration Resource has some information on the Hell House but not on the other house.

Unfortunately, it seems the other house (the one without the tombstone on the other side of Kirby from the Hell House) has been demolished. They made haste with demolishing the smaller house and barn and I was told that the back of the main house (last visit by a family member) had been ripped down and it looked like they were getting ready to rip the rest apart.

If you want information please feel free to leave a comment on this post asking for the specific information or leave your email in your post and I will email you as soon as possible. I am open to answering any question I may have the answer to and I will tell you if I don’t have the answer.

http://www.uer.ca/lo...asp?locid=24741

http://s240.photobuc...AreAmped/Kirby/

ALBUM OF PHOTOS: What was referred to Selina House (Not Hell House) and the tombstone photos. More to come eventually.

EVP's are still being processed from two sources along with a plethora of photos. Will add them when I have time to do so.

Edited by Sheal, 27 December 2008 - 05:36 PM.

#4 unity04

unity04

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:45 PM

I know there isn’t a lot of information floating about out there on Kirby road and the legends of Kirby. Even the history of Kirby Road is pretty limited without old school footwork (library, architectural histories or micro fiche). I’ve been getting a few comments wanting more information about the locations. Urban Exploration Resource has some information on the Hell House but not on the other house.

EVP's are still being processed from two sources along with a plethora of photos. Will add them when I have time to do so.

Hey, I know this is an old post, but I was wondering if you know the exact location of the Maple Hell House: http://www.uer.ca/lo...asp?locid=24741

I know the other house which is just on Keele got demolished, but I've been reading that the house I provided a link to is still around. Is it near the tombstone off of Weston road?

If you could provide exact location details that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

#5 gwantingz

gwantingz

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 10:35 PM

Hey, I know this is an old post, but I was wondering if you know the exact location of the Maple Hell House: http://www.uer.ca/lo...asp?locid=24741

I know the other house which is just on Keele got demolished, but I've been reading that the house I provided a link to is still around. Is it near the tombstone off of Weston road?

If you could provide exact location details that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Alright i live close by and each time ive been by all three places nothing happens..
The house is loacated right off weston road just south of kirby on the west side (probabbly 100 ft or so past kirby) . Its a long driveway sorta and you can drive in about 50 yrds but theres a gate bloking the way saying do not tresspass .. just walk around it walk down and once you reach the end its on the right blocked by trees ( you can still see it though) .. the tombstone is very close... its just past weston road if your travelling west on kirby.. once you pass weston drive slow and look for it on the left .. the barn now you gotta whach out for .. theres a crazyy guy that looks after the place apperantly.. sometimes its fully gated off where you cant drive down.. its just off kirby right befor you hit weston rd traveling west .. its like the last gated property .. and theres a tree like that follows the driveway... goodluck .. nothing will happen lol everyone talks puer BAD_WORD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users