• Please log in to reply
180 replies to this topic

#46 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 17 November 2003 - 05:20 AM

also here latly I have been seeing the same number over and over, its not like its good or bad, its just a number that sticks out.....69....seriously, thats it.

I know what you mean about the number. I have one too, it is 72. It shows up all the time for me. I consider it my lucky number.
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#47 mastermind73

mastermind73

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 25 November 2003 - 03:39 PM

Usually the fourteenth floor is the thirteenth.  So I guess you're right.  Be afraid of BOTH.  VERY VERY AFRAID!  ;D
"If dreams are like movies, Then memories are films about ghosts.You can never escape, you can only move south down the coast.""Don't you remember when we were young, and we wanted to set the world on fire?'Cause I still am, and I still do."

#48 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 08 January 2004 - 08:52 PM

Here's some from the Islands:

Ti leaves do to ghosts what garlic does to vampires.

It is good luck if a ti leaf plant grows taller than your house.

Octopus trees are called money trees - the more leaves in a bunch, the more money will come your way.  My current plant has 6 leaves in ALL its bundles.  I'm changing fertilizer and lighting to try encourage 7 or 8.

Never pick a fern growing on a pali - it will start raining within 5 minutes.

Never drive over the pali with pork.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#49 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 01:25 PM

e over here in UNklebunny Land, have quite a few involving knives...
my family does have the old "never give anyone a knife" thing... we never questioned it, that's how it was.
also we have the who opens the knife, closes it, as well, as well as the never hand someone a knife blade-first, or bad luck will fall... another one is, that you never buy your first knife... how we would do it, is someone else would either trade you one of tiher older ones, or one was bough for you, and left for you to find on your own. now one that I follow almost religiously, as it was hammered into my cute little skull, is about Blood Knives. any knive, that cuts you, while sing, never use that knife again... don't give it away, or throw it out, keep it in a hidden box, someplace..... my roommates think this superstiition is proof I'm a lunuatic, although, it's how I raised....

also (one last knife thing) whenever someone is in pain, or injured, everyone in my family places a knife under the mattress of the bed....they claim it's to cut the pain.

now for a non blade related one, it's more of a family thing, as well as a superstition. to prevent alcolholism, my mother's side (we are quite clan-like...{NOT KKK clan, more like they are organized,and yes, we have a Family Head, and so forth..as well as certain memebers having certain family duties bestowed on them, ( I was recently appointed to the Cabbage Roll making Group) and the like..hehe}) has decreed, that no one in the family can drink alone. if a family memeber feels the need to drink, they call a Drinkin'. this entails, calling every family member in the area, capable of drinking, (those who do have problems, don't have to drink) who pretty much have to respond, and show up, either at thier house, or the palce of choice. people bring food and it usually turns into a big spontaneous party... also it's a nice way to keep from being too depressed for too long....

#50 lmackey

lmackey

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 02:33 PM

I was born on the 13th (not Friday, luckily), I have a full black cat, I walk under ladders, But I do have a little sucess saying that I do every full moon, LOL
lmackey, the (Ghost) Village Idiot

#51 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 02:37 PM

well it seems, that only in AMerica, is black cats bad luck... my reandmother, was raised very Polish, and she would only keep a black cat, because black cats kept away the devil...strangely enough, if she tried to keep a non black cat, it would die, within a year....

#52 hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 04:25 PM

Hey!  I glad to see I'm not the only 'haunted' by a number. Mine is 222.  No kidding!  Be going on now for years!  Wake up in the middle of night look at the clock 2:22.  Flying along look at the DME (distance measuring equipment) 222, etc.. I figure I'm gonna die on Feb. 22.
Bubbles are proof that ghosts exist.This person still under construction.

• Guests

Posted 10 January 2004 - 05:56 PM

It's not that the number 13 is evil it just represents the next begining, our world runs on incrimets of 12.  think about it 12 hours in a day, 12 hours in a night, and every 4 years our years are evenly devisable by 12.  

now what I want to figure out is where the superstition
where dwarves are evil creatures?

#54 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 09:18 PM

didn't know dearves was evil.. I know to the Norse, elves are.... mean little things, with sharp claws, and teeth...

#55 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 07:10 AM

If you have a bad dream, don't tell it before breakfast or it will come true.
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#56 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 07:16 AM

I'm glad you told me that SecretSign, I haven't had breakfast yet and last night I had a dream about...D'ope! Can't tell ya! ;D
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#57 secretsign

secretsign

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 07:19 AM

Timing is everything ;D Now grab a bite and spill it.
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#58 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 07:29 AM

Sorry Secret! I never eat breakfast, so I guess you'll never know! :D

#59 secretsign

secretsign

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 07:34 AM

Ya know, I guess I better start eattin breakfast. I tell to many of my dreams. I just now made the conection...Duhhh!

#60 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 17 January 2004 - 09:12 AM

lol, I almost never eat breakfast either, except on Sundays cause we go out to eat with my dad and grandfather....but then I don't repeat most of my bad dreams, they're too odd
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users