• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 cotton08

cotton08

Senior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:I'm a scrub nurse, I have a rescued black lab and another puppy that's half black lab and half Chihuaha (sp?) - strange looking dog, but sweet. I became interested in EVP when my fiance passed. - I wrote about that somewhere else in my profile. (my real name's Connie)<br /><br />I like to swim, go to flea markets and antique malls - I am OBSESSED with anything from the 40's. Don't know why.<br /><br />I use poems, music lyrics, whatever, and make strangely beautiful, poignant 'pieces' out of paper, ripped up towels, glue, newspaper, jewelry, glitter, dirt, sand, anything I happen to see. Hard to describe, you'd just have to see them. That's my favorite thing to do, just create something out of nothing that makes people laugh or cry - brings them outta themselves for a while.

Posted 08 January 2009 - 06:36 PM

:angry: Hi!

I am new here. Pleased to meet you all. :D

I'm from Kentucky and am quite proficient at evp research. I had an evp research website which I am currently renovating.

Anyway, I have this CD called Photo Explosion. It includes lots of pictures of landscapes, still lifes, winter scenes, summer scenes, etc. that you can use for your computers background or wallpaper.

I had a winter scene on mine and after the Holidays I changed it to a country scene (they call it a rural scene). I was sitting here in front of my computer on the phone last week and noticed a strange thing in the upper window of this picture.

any thoughts on it? http://flickr.com/ph...N03/3180811328/

thanks!

#2 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:45 PM

That looks like the reflection of the smoke coming towards the cabin. I was in KY in September and would have gladly stayed forever.

Edited by Seeker, 08 January 2009 - 08:46 PM.

There is nothing left to say.Me

#3 cotton08

cotton08

Senior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:I'm a scrub nurse, I have a rescued black lab and another puppy that's half black lab and half Chihuaha (sp?) - strange looking dog, but sweet. I became interested in EVP when my fiance passed. - I wrote about that somewhere else in my profile. (my real name's Connie)<br /><br />I like to swim, go to flea markets and antique malls - I am OBSESSED with anything from the 40's. Don't know why.<br /><br />I use poems, music lyrics, whatever, and make strangely beautiful, poignant 'pieces' out of paper, ripped up towels, glue, newspaper, jewelry, glitter, dirt, sand, anything I happen to see. Hard to describe, you'd just have to see them. That's my favorite thing to do, just create something out of nothing that makes people laugh or cry - brings them outta themselves for a while.

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:21 PM

Oh, how sweet of you to say! Yep, I love me some Kentucky! :angry:

p.s. - nice to meet you!

#4 cotton08

cotton08

Senior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:31 PM

Here's a close-up view of the window in that picture.

http://www.flickr.co...N03/3180569525/

#5 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 09 January 2009 - 10:14 AM

Reflection of the sky in the window. The picture was made on an obviously foggy / dreary day with low cloud cover. It appears to be the same conditions being reflected in the window that is present over the cabin, low hanging cloud cover among the trees. Nothing paranormal.

Good picture, interesting effect though.

And I too do extensive work with EVPs using state of the art audio equipment.

#6 cotton08

cotton08

Senior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 09:01 PM

Ok I figured out how to post these here so y'all don't have to jump around! :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Nor'Easter

Nor'Easter

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:I'm a writer. I am fascinated by the theo-philosophical implications of metaphysics and the paranormal.

Posted 31 January 2009 - 07:11 PM

Kind of reminds me of that old saying about a smile on a dog. There's a lot that it could be.

#8 Kudzu Kate

Kudzu Kate

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:22 PM

Irreguardless of what is or isn't in the window...it's a nice picture. I love those old homey feeling pictures. Old barns, old overgrown farms, old houses with junk on the front porch,lol. It reminds me of VA when I was kid.\
KK

#9 cotton08

cotton08

Senior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:37 PM

Irreguardless of what is or isn't in the window...it's a nice picture. I love those old homey feeling pictures. Old barns, old overgrown farms, old houses with junk on the front porch,lol. It reminds me of VA when I was kid.\
KK

I agree. That's why I picked this picture off of the CD - it looks a lot like my dream house! Or dream property, anyway (minus the woman in the window!)

#10 CrystalEyz

CrystalEyz

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:06 AM

Thats a pretty home and a very good pic..I dont see anything, such as a tree or anything to cause that kind of reflection, in my opinion it appears to be a woman leaning, looking out the window..Just my opinion however. Try taking another areound the same time of day and see what you get, that might help..Thanks..CE

#11 drflavio309

drflavio309

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 11:34 PM

I do not believe it is a reflection, if it was there would be reflections in the other windows, maybe not of the same shape and form but there would be reflections. To me it appears to be on the inside, not sure what it is, but it isn't a reflection...
the dr.

#12 jenjen

jenjen

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 07:49 AM

Hi Cotton. To me, it's a lady looking out the window and she seems to be wearing a nightgown.

#13 Gini

Gini

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Hi - I'm married 41 years; two grown children, three grandchildren: 19, 13, and 8. I work full-time and love to read - varied selection of books. I use the local library alot!

Posted 23 June 2009 - 01:59 PM

Hi all - newbie here - this is a great site! That picture looks like it's from the inside - I didn't see a face per se, but it's something showing! Very cool picture - love the rural setting! :clap:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users