• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 06 May 2004 - 05:35 AM

I've always been fascinated by this idea. Does anybody know anything about them? Ever heard a story of one?
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#2 honeybeary

honeybeary

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Interests:Reading, walking, hiking, photography

Posted 06 May 2004 - 07:41 AM

All I know about Dopplegangers is that its a double of yourself.
The only real thing I know about a doppleganger is that if you see your own doppleganger it means something bad is going to happen to you.
The only time I've heard of a doppleganger being seen is from my uncle who said he seen my 'aunt' (her doppleganger)walking down their street.  Pretty freaky.
What doesn't kill us makes us strong.

#3 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 12:53 PM

I've read of this one tale in Germany where a couple met their dopplegangers on the road the were traveling on. In the legend/story, they met with an accident later on and both died. It's said that if you DO meet your own doppleganger face2face, you'll die very soon...so even tho I'm very intrigued by the concept, don't wanna see MINE anytime soon! ;D

#4 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,353 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 10 May 2004 - 05:18 AM

how Bridget wish she had a doppleganger of her hard drive? :)
Posted Image

#5 Katz

Katz

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 02:08 PM

my mom has seen my dad's doppleganger a number of times. she's seen him on the street or driving in a car. I've never seen him though, I think it's cool though but if it's true that you die if you come face to face with your own doppleganger than i don't want to see mine...lol

#6 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 10:26 AM

Wow! I would freak out if i ever saw a doppleganger of someone I knew!

MOON, LOL< you are so right! Now I DO have a doppleganger of my hard drive, my one touch Maxtor, just push the button and it backs up everything on my drive.

I thought i heard somewhere that your doppleganger was actually some kind of demon.....hmmm
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#7 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 04:41 PM

According to my handy dandy ghost encyclopedia. doppelganger or double-goer as Germans call them is a death omen,Doubles are seen by others who are in distant location just as the person in question is about to die or has died.In some rare cases individuals see their own doubles shortly before they die,It is said that Poet Percy Bysshe Shelly saw his double before he drowned and Cathrine of Russia saw her double seated upon her throne, and ordered her guards to fire on it. I just hope when I see double I'v had tee many martunies ;D
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#8 aumstead

aumstead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Interests:Civil War Reenacting, softball, and other things.

Posted 22 May 2004 - 04:51 PM

Is a doppleganger your exact copy...including your mind and thoughts???
Ashley Umstead"DEEP DOWN INSIDE WE ARE ALL SMART-ASSES--I JUST HAPPEN TO BE SHALLOW"

#9 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 22 May 2004 - 08:20 PM

i shudder to think there's a double of me running around out there...call the CIA!!!
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#10 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,353 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 22 May 2004 - 11:09 PM

hahahahaha, so much fun for a clone!
Posted Image

#11 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 11:24 AM

I don't think anyone really knows *what* they are, possibly just a vision, or your spirit going out of your body a little early since they're associated with impending death.
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#12 aumstead

aumstead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 04:36 PM

well whatever it I don't wanna know...If I meet mine and I kill it is it suicide or murder?
Ashley Umstead"DEEP DOWN INSIDE WE ARE ALL SMART-ASSES--I JUST HAPPEN TO BE SHALLOW"

#13 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 24 May 2004 - 05:08 PM

lol! i think its murder...but you could also fake ur own death by killing ur doppleganger then move to rio or somethin...lol!
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#14 aumstead

aumstead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 05:22 PM

LoL I mean that would be sooo wierd...ya know?

#15 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 05:44 PM

hmmmm its a catch 22 to me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users