ahh here comes the Crypt Keeper! Thanks for the intresting information Keeper
Posted Image

#32 cryptkeeper

cryptkeeper

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 05:07 PM

You are so sweet moon child.  Warms these old tired bones to feel so loved.  I am just trying to be helpful.  Thanks for that warm welcome.

I will continually help in any way I can

Crypt

#33 shwat

shwat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 11:07 AM

well wait if everyones parents say they see your other parents dopplegangers then maybe its accualy them ya kno could b goin to the store or somethin but its a crazy thing to think about to bad its a death omen o the havock i could reek with a double mooohahahahah moohahahaha lol

#34 shwat

shwat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 12:17 PM

hey did some research n found this:

Meaning "double walker" a doppelganger is a shadow-self that accompanies every human. Only the owner of a doppelganger can see it, otherwise it is invisible to human eyes. Dogs and cats have been known to see doppelgangers. Providing sympathetic company, a doppelganger almost always stands behind a person, and they cast no reflection in a mirror. They are prepared to listen and give advice to humans, either implanting ideas in their heads, or a sort of osmosis. It is said to be bad luck if it is seen, and rarely a doppelganger will make itself visible to friends or family, often causing great confusion. Doppelgangers can be mischievous and malicious

seems to be some ya kno some ya don't

#35 kacee

kacee

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 12:20 PM

I had something strange happen to me when I was in highschool. I was fighting with another girl over a boyfriend. She lived down the road from my girlfriend behind a little country store her father owned and we would go by and harass her sometime. On this particular day I was at my girlfriends spending the night and the boy in question was suppose to come over to see me,about the time he was suppose to arrive, my parents called and ask what I was doing down at that girls house that her father had almost shot me , and he had described me down to the clothes I had on ! I had not been down there all day none of them could have seen me, I have always wondered about this now I see this could be and explantion of what happened. Nothing bad happened to me except the boy

#36 kacee

kacee

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts

Posted 09 July 2004 - 12:26 PM

didn't come over due to all the commotion. my parents came over and we all went over to the poeples house where they all swore they saw me! I became friends with the girl later and she said that it really happened the way they said! this has always been SPOOKY to me!

#37 linuxbear

linuxbear

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 02:11 PM

here is the legend of the Doppleganger :)

The frightful image seen at the window, or staring back from the mirror, could be your own--a double, or doppelgänger (from the German for "double goer"), the sight of which could foretell your own imminent demise. Sometimes described as the soul embodied, sometimes an astral projection or aura, the double most often presented itself as a warning.

Queen Elizabeth I reportedly saw a vision lying on her deathbed, pale and still, soon before she died. Geothe and Shelley also claimed to have seen their doubles, and when Catherine the Great of Russia saw her own coming toward her, she took no chances and ordered her soldiers to shoot at it. Witches, it was long accepted, could project their own doubles and set them loose to do mischief far and wide. As a result, many a women was hanged as a witch even though it could be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that she was somewhere else entirely when the barn burned down, the cow died or whatever else had happened that she was now charged with having done. On other occasions, a double--of someone else--could be called forth or seen.

One old Halloween custom has it that if a young girl lights two candles before a mirror, while eating an apple, she will see in the mirror the spectral image of her future husband, peering back at her as if from over her shoulder. If she is brave enough to venture out to a graveyard, and walk all the way around it twelve times, she will meet up with the double itself.
According to another old belief, anyone who wants to know who will pass away in the coming year has only to stand vigil near the church door on April 24, the eve of the feast day of St. Mark. At midnight, the airy doubles of all who will die file in a solemn processional into the church, if the watcher is unlucky enough to see his own image there, he knows his own time is not far off.

To this day, the fear of the double is observed, if unknowingly, in the custom of covering all the mirrors in a house where a death has just occurred. The double of anyone passing the glass, it was once thought, could be projected into the mirror and carried off by the deceased to the afterworld.

If i die tomorrow id be alright becasue i believe that after were gone, the spirit carries on! James LaBrie Dream Theater Metropolis Part 2: Scenes from a Memory

#38 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 08:15 PM

I am so grateful to have found this in the search engine of GV! The reason I say this is a few years ago my dad came home from work somewhat bothered. Mom asked what was the matter. He told us that he saw himself get in his own car as he was walking to the the vehicle. When he did get to the car he peeked in and there was nobody there! Was this his doppelganger?

Whatever

#39 paraviews

paraviews

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 02 December 2007 - 11:29 PM

What channel? I want to know...I know there is an X-File about it but is there a true TV show about Dopplegangers?

The x-file show (not sure if it's what you are thinking about) is this red haired lady and her twin (she didn't know that she was a twin). The s King movie is called The Langolers (sp?)

Meaning "double walker" a doppelganger is a shadow-self that accompanies every human. Only the owner of a doppelganger can see it, otherwise it is invisible to human eyes. Dogs and cats have been known to see doppelgangers. Providing sympathetic company, a doppelganger almost always stands behind a person, and they cast no reflection in a mirror. They are prepared to listen and give advice to humans, either implanting ideas in their heads, or a sort of osmosis. It is said to be bad luck if it is seen, and rarely a doppelganger will make itself visible to friends or family, often causing great confusion. Doppelgangers can be mischievous and malicious

Actually I have seen my x-husbands on Oct 1989 (the big california quake day). and my daughter (now 18), saw mine 2 times within an hour about 6 years ago. I only saw mine from the back of it.

They seem to have a very "pale" color to the face. And a slight glow (like a dim flashlight) come from around the eyes. Pretty strange, but yet facinating.
Posted Image

#40 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 07:25 PM

I have to tell you all a story my dad told the family one evening. He came home from work and he was pretty mellow. My mom asked hima what was wrong and at first he's shrugging it off. Finally, I guess he couldn't help himself anymore he told us. My dad was in downtown and he parked his car in the street and went to see a client. Afterwards, he came out of the clients building and began walking to his car. As he's doing this and as he's nearing his car, dad stops in his tracks. Out of nowhere he sees himself get to the car, unlock the driver's side door and get in! My dad was shocked and he actually thought someone was breaking into his vehicle. He recovers and slowly approaches the car. He peeks in and of course there's nobody there.
After he told us this story my mom was telling him that it was probably someone else he saw and it was the car behind or in front of him. I know dad didn't believe her. He knows who he saw and I believe him.
Doppelganger, then? Thanks for reading this.

I posted this before...I guess this is the expanded version...lol!

Edited by axlfoley, 29 December 2007 - 07:28 PM.

Whatever

#41 Liana

Liana

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 09:44 PM

"Dogs and cats have been known to see doppelgangers." I wonder how anyone would know this? Hehe all in all, the story of a doppelganger is VERY scary. I found a video on YouTube of a little asian girl brushing her hair in the mirror, then she turns towards the camera, then towards the mirror again, and back to the camera, but as she does this, her reflection looks back at her.. oh it's pretty freaky. Dont think it's real, or maybe it is? Regardless, seeing it happen on video makes it seem real. I'll see if I can find the video.

#42 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 04:29 PM

"Dogs and cats have been known to see doppelgangers." I wonder how anyone would know this? Hehe all in all, the story of a doppelganger is VERY scary. I found a video on YouTube of a little asian girl brushing her hair in the mirror, then she turns towards the camera, then towards the mirror again, and back to the camera, but as she does this, her reflection looks back at her.. oh it's pretty freaky. Dont think it's real, or maybe it is? Regardless, seeing it happen on video makes it seem real. I'll see if I can find the video.
[/quote]

Wow please do. Just reading your post made me shiver!

Whatever

#43 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 10 January 2008 - 06:34 PM

After I moved to Arizona back in '98 I saw an insurance agent's ad on a billboard. There was a big photo of the agent who looked just like my dad. Dad passed away back in January of '92.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#44 Liana

Liana

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 04:50 AM

AXL!

I found it :yawn:

This is the direct link:

If that doesn't work for you guys, (sometimes the links in Australia don't work for my American friends when we're showing each other youtube videos), try searching in the Youtube search field by typing exactly: Scary japanese ghost girl

It freaked the CRAP out of me!

It's probably fake of course but it looks pretty BAD_WORD real!! Can you imagine if it was actually real? WOW!!!

Your comments on the video pls guys? I'm so interested in your thoughts.

Chau for now

Liana :)

#45 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 09:28 AM

AXL!

I found it :)

This is the direct link:

If that doesn't work for you guys, (sometimes the links in Australia don't work for my American friends when we're showing each other youtube videos), try searching in the Youtube search field by typing exactly: Scary japanese ghost girl

It freaked the CRAP out of me!

It's probably fake of course but it looks pretty BAD_WORD real!! Can you imagine if it was actually real? WOW!!!

Your comments on the video pls guys? I'm so interested in your thoughts.

Chau for now

Liana :)

Thanks Liana! My goodness, I don't know if it's fake or not but I felt the goosebumps happening when her image is just staring at her from the mirror. Also the voice at the end gets so creepy. I actually viewed it more time without the commentary. This is freaky!! :Spaz:

Whatever

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users