• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 Ecco

Ecco

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 09:48 AM

I get to BE a doppleganger almost every day. Inevitably, at least once a week I have someone walk up to me and either ask me "Are you so-and-so?" or "Oh my gosh, you look exactly like my _____ (friend, sister, cousin....)."

I dunno why either XD

#62 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 01:11 PM

I get to BE a doppleganger almost every day. Inevitably, at least once a week I have someone walk up to me and either ask me "Are you so-and-so?" or "Oh my gosh, you look exactly like my _____ (friend, sister, cousin....)."

I dunno why either XD

Cool Ecco! You should question those people who say those to you more in depth...who knows what else they might tell you.

Whatever

#63 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests and hobbies. <br />I have enjoyed White Water Rafting down the Penobscot River, Dead River and Kennebec River all on several occasions, Hiking in the White Mountains, Camping, Taking Photographs, watching the horse pull's at Fryeburg Fair, Canning, Sewing, Scrap Booking, Fly Tying, My Artwork........<br /><br />Over the last few years; I have added vegetable gardening, to the job of getting my property back into shape. (it is amazing how well vegetable's mix into a flower garden)<br /><br />I love reading ghost stories and seeing programs on the paranormal.<br />My experiences with the paranormal began when I was still an infant and have continued to this day.

Posted 15 May 2008 - 06:02 PM

Question.

If seeing one's Doppelganger is a omen of death, what happens to the Doppelganger its self?
Does it die too?

I've never seen my own but my mothers bf clams to have seen mine.

Time exists so everything doesn't happen at once.Space exists so everything doesn't happen to you.*

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.*-- Scottish Proverb

#64 axlfoley

axlfoley

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 04:18 AM

Question.

If seeing one's Doppelganger is a omen of death, what happens to the Doppelganger its self?
Does it die too?

I've never seen my own but my mothers bf clams to have seen mine.

Good question Atropa belladonna. If the doppelganger dies, then in the future no one can say they've seen yours because it has been seen already by your mom's bf and so your doppelganger died shortly after that. Do I make sense?

Whatever

#65 Ecco

Ecco

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 09:31 AM

I dunno why either XD

Cool Ecco! You should question those people who say those to you more in depth...who knows what else they might tell you.

I had the odd thought that maybe in a sense I'm sensitive to what it is they want to see in me, and somehow alter myself just enough that I resemble that person, or put out an energy that is similar to that person's relation or friend...

I dunno if that even makes sense--it does in my head, but typed out it sounds a little nutty :P

Next time it happens I'll have to ask what it is about me that made them think I was that person :)

#66 Indigo Chyld

Indigo Chyld

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 06:01 PM

I've always understood it to be the "little devil" that sits on your shoulder. Its not a physical person, double. That its what tries to lead you to do ill intended things. That if you ever do see it, you could possibly die. But its not uncommon for others, especially those you live with, to see it in passing. Example one man saw his wife walking down the hallway after he had just seen her asleep in the bed, he called out to her but his wife ignored him and kept going disappearingi nto the kitchen. When he went to the kitchen to ask why she ignored him she wasnt there. He went back to the bedroom and she was really still asleep in the bed. From that example and the others I took it as, the double has no desire to talk mislead others only to influence you.
We are not human beings on a spiritual journey. We are spiritual beings on a human journey.”Stephen R. Covey

#67 BethInSC

BethInSC

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 10:42 PM

that totally FREAKED me OUT!
Don't Judge what you don't understand.....Beth

#68 BethInSC

BethInSC

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 10:44 PM

my husband said he's seen someone that looked exactly like him before. My husband's name is david and people would call him billy. Thinking my husband was this other guy. CREEPY!
Don't Judge what you don't understand.....Beth

#69 Sarmotifan

Sarmotifan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:15 PM

My mom and her younger sister, more from their teenage years to about 10 or so years ago, always got called by the others name by family and friends-heck even by my grandparents! Add to the fact that my aunt is younger by about 10 or so years...
In magic, anything is possible.You can teach a cat how to use the toilet.Teaching it how to flush is another matter.

The broomsticks are mounted. The ghosts are a-fright. Enchanting takes wing, On All Hallows’ Night.

#70 balo

balo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:55 PM

This is amazing! My question though is has anyone followed the doppelganger after they saw it and began to walk away? Or has anyone called out to it and see if it would respond?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users