• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Cheshire

Cheshire

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 21 July 2003 - 07:32 PM

We all had them...we all loved them. Sometimes no one got any sleep and other times we were forced to bed early(not that we always listened) by those overbearing parents we all complained about. I'm just curious about some of the more frieghtening activities or games everyone used to play or try out. Other then the classic Bloody Mary...or the Oija board(I'm sure I messed that one up). I also heard something about "Feather Light, Stiff as a board" Thought I've never tried this, once I find out what it is I'm sure I could still employ it with some friends I know and some college ladies. I'm also curious about those dreadful ghost stories that everyone told to scare the you know what out of anyone present. I have a good one, but I can't type it right now(storm rolling in).
Follow no one, break the rules and live life on the edge.

#2 Kellerz

Kellerz

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 22 July 2003 - 01:55 AM

Well i remember a friend going off and saying candy man into the mirror before we watched the movie and then she freaked out after watching the movie ...scred herself silly ..(of course i found this vey amusing) I was always the one at slumber parties who was quietly slipping away so that i could jump out at people during the ghost storys  ;D  tried light as a feather but we got the giggles and it just didnt work...then my friends massive saint bernard got out of the kitchen and jumped on the girl who was lying on the floor ..again ..very amusing. My friends did once do a ouija board. Though i refused to take part and went off to another room, i just dont mess with those things.
Hide me from me, fill these holes with eyes for mine are not mine. Hide my head and need, for i am no good, so dead in life, so much time. (Stan Rice 'Cannibal')Just call me Mrs Willard

#3 Bangin

Bangin

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 22 July 2003 - 10:39 AM

I have this friend of a friend...

He said they were having a sleepover at this one boy's house when they were around 5 or 6.  There were both boys and girls present.  Two girls decided to go upstairs and play with a ouija board found in the household.  Later, there were awful screams and everyone went to see what happened.  Both of the girls looked bloody and terrified.  

That was the response that I got when I asked how he got involved with the paranormal.  
First voice: "Where is he...around here?"Second voice: "He's dead."First voice: "Ah, he could be anywhere then."

#4 Cheshire

Cheshire

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 22 July 2003 - 01:37 PM

Wow, that's definetly a weird story bangin...then again all the "friend of a friend" ones usually are. I hear ya, Kellerz....gettin a bunch of friends together pretty much always leads to good stories and a few opportunities to scare the unsuspecting always arise.....so someone needs to take advantage of that.

#5 Kellerz

Kellerz

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 22 July 2003 - 01:51 PM

with my friends there was always a chance ...bunch of wussies... they here a bang upstairs....who ends up going to see what it is.... me.. if the outside security lights go on ..who gets to go outside .... me ... it was always the same..
Hide me from me, fill these holes with eyes for mine are not mine. Hide my head and need, for i am no good, so dead in life, so much time. (Stan Rice 'Cannibal')Just call me Mrs Willard

#6 ghosthunter_girl

ghosthunter_girl

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 23 July 2003 - 10:23 AM

Oh man...sleepovers were the BEST!  :D We used to do the "Stiff and a board, light as a feather"...and it really worked too! But I was always the one picked to do that since I was the littlest.

My cousin and I were also forced to go in to the bathroom where we had a full length mirror and do the Bloody Mary, Bloody Mary....that was the most terrifying experience a 8 year old could have!  :o I still have a hard time staying in dark rooms with mirrors....
"The head are the invisible ones, but not the absent ones." -Victor Hugo

• Guests

Posted 23 July 2003 - 11:03 AM

hey once we were playin withthis oija board and this thing came out  and we ran to the park and burned it!

#8 Cheshire

Cheshire

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 07:46 PM

How, exactly does that "Light as a feather, stiff as a board" thing work? Like, how do ya do it?

#9 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 27 July 2003 - 08:18 PM

This is a very old "game" that many people hear about as teenagers and you may have tried it before. It involves one person sitting in a chair while four people lift that person above their heads using only the first two fingers of one hand. (It is possible for just two people to do the lifting, in which case they lift with two fingers of each hand.) The first time you experience this will blow your mind, since it really seems like the person being lifted has become almost weightless.

DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS
Success requires the ability of everyone involved to concentrate with absolute clarity and seriousness, but it is only necessary to maintain this level of concentration for a few seconds and most people are able to do this. The procedure uses a form of ritual to help focus each person's attention, and once the procedure has begun it should not be interrupted for any reason unless you stop completely and start over.

The person to be lifted (it helps to start with the lightest person present) sits relaxed but upright in an armless chair placed in the center of the room. To protect against physical injury there must not be any obstructions around the chair and it should not be placed directly under an overhead light fixture, ceiling fan, etc. The seated person sits with his or her arms folded, knees together and feet firmly on the floor. Throughout the entire experience the seated person must remain silent and concentrate on feeling "light as a feather, stiff as a board."

The two or four people who are to do the lifting stand to each side of the seated person. One person is selected to be the leader and at his or her signal everyone except the seated person says the phrase, "light as a feather, stiff as a board" four times before any movement begins. After the phrase has been spoken four times, the leader places his or her right hand firmly on the head of the sitting person while the phrase is repeated again. In a predetermined sequence -- clockwise, for example -- each person standing places their right hand firmly (but not forcefully) on the person's head, one hand atop the other. This cycle is repeated with the left hand until everyone has both hands on top of the person's head. Each time a hand is being placed, everyone but the seated person repeats aloud the phrase, "Light as a feather, stiff as a board." Once all the hands have been placed on the head, the phrase is repeated one time while no movement occurs. Then the hands are removed one at a time from top to bottom, the phrase repeated each time a hand is removed. (You may want to practice this much before doing the entire procedure the first time.)

Immediately after all the hands have been removed, everyone becomes absolutely silent. The subject in the chair holds his or her body stiff, while the people standing slip their first two fingers under the armpits and knees of the seated person and simply lift that person, in a very gentle manner, as high as possible, then immediately and carefully set the person back into the chair. If four people are doing the lifting, which is best if that many are available, they do the lifting with the first and second fingers of their strongest hand.

All the while, from the moment the hands are being placed upon the head, everyone must concentrate on the absolute certainty that the person being lifted is "light as a feather." This is especially important for the one being lifted. As the last hand is removed the sudden loss of pressure against the head actually produces a sensation of lightness, and that sensation should be concentrated upon and believed. Everyone must continue to concentrate on the idea that the person being lifted is very light until that person is once again returned to the chair.

Some serious warnings are necessary. If anyone laughs or otherwise breaks the concentration the leader should stop the event immediately and start over when everyone is once again under control of themselves. The lifting motion should be gentle but steady and quick. If you lift too slowly it may break your concentration. If you lift too quickly the person can literally be thrown against the ceiling and come crashing down out of control. People have broken bones doing this! It's possible to break one's neck! If performed with seriousness and responsibility it is quite harmless, but if you don't trust all the people doing the lifting do not allow anyone to participate. And don't lose your concentration once you find yourself almost in shock at the surprising loss of apparent weight. Everyone must understand that the subject must be returned gently and safely to the chair before any break in the concentration is permitted. After that you can all freak out about how amazing it is.

Once everyone who wants to be lifted has had the opportunity, but not before, you can attempt to lift someone without the benefit of the intense concentration. The difference will surprise you.

Light as a Feather: Summary of Instructions
1  Place an armless chair in the center of a room, being sure there are no nearby obstructions and no overhead light or fan above the chair.

2  Select a leader to begin (and if necessary, terminate) the event.

3  The person to be lifted sits relaxed but upright in the chair, arms folded, knees together and feet firmly on the floor.

4  Either two or four people stand to each side of the chair.

5  The leader signals the group to begin saying the phrase, "light as a feather, stiff as a board," four times.

6  The phrase is repeated every time as each person, in clockwise order, places their right hand firmly (but not forcefully) upon the seated person's head.

7  Repeat this cycle with the left hand, till everyone has both hands on the person's head.

8  Say the phrase one time while no hand movements occur.

9  Remove the hands one at a time in reverse order, repeating the phrase one time as each hand is removed, until all hands have been removed from the seated person's head.

10  Everyone becomes totally silent and the seated person stiffens his or her body.

11  Those standing hold their first and second fingers straight and together, slip them under the arm pits and knees of the seated person, then lift the seated person gently but quickly over their heads -- then immediately, but gently, return the person to the chair.

Note: If four people are doing the lifting, they use only the first two fingers of their strongest hand. Do not pause once the event has begun. If anyone breaks concentration stop immediately then start over. BE CAREFUL! Take this game seriously so no one gets hurt!
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#10 Cheshire

Cheshire

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 05:13 PM

Thankyou very much, Cajun.

#11 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 07:28 PM

Never a problem, You are very welcome.
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

• Guests

Posted 01 October 2003 - 03:41 PM

Me and my friends do these kinds of things all the time. Were really into the paranormal. One time a few of us were at a friends house and one of my friends did this thing i dont remember what its called but after my friend could see skeletons for a while. Her's how you do it. One person sits in a chair in a darkened room while the other stands infront. The speaker (the one whose not in the chair) says these words while the one seated imagins them happening. Your outside a movie theater about to go to a movie with your friends, but suddenly they are gone. You decide to go in anyways. No one is inside, so you take a seat in the very middle. Something is on the screen, but you can't read it. Slowly your chair floats toward the screen and you can make out some words. It says sleep,deeply sleep. At that point you pinch the person and their not supposed to feel it. I'm not sure what thats about ??? but after your supposed to see ghosts. Once we decided to make up our own. It was really stupid I can't remember it but we were only 10! anyways the story talked about some old man and her face started to change and look like an old mans! we were all freaked but still keept doing things like that! Another game that we played were called feathers one person lied down and another said some story about you dying so you went to the hospital and had to have an experimantaly surgery or whatever and the would proceed to press a finger down each limb,stomach,and head like you were cutting them open. Then take a feather or something soft and sort of dust the part that you just "cut open" then "sew it back up" by running you finger up the "wound". After you would feel as light as a father. Another is exactly the same only you put bowling balls in them instead of feathers and insted of dusting them you press down on them. Their supposed to feel as heave as a bowling ball. We've also had a lot of weird things happen with ouija boards, but I wont get into them. Oh and by the way thanks for that light as a feather stiff as a board thing CajunKnight I've gatta try it out sometime! :D

#13 Guest_Ghostbuter20_*

Guest_Ghostbuter20_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2004 - 03:58 PM

When I was in high school, we had lock-ins at our church and 'Light as a Feather' was one of the games. One of the kids got freaked out and asked the leader to make them stop. I don't think they did. If my memory serves me right, I think I was one of the people being lifted.
The Ouija board, coming from the French and German words for 'yes' is a communication device to the next world. I have one, it's black and glows in the dark, but I haven't used it to any long extent. Nothing bad happened after I bought it. Well, I got fired from my job but that's because the boss was an a**hole.
There's another Urban Myth, Nicholas Nails. Supposedly if you say it three times before you go to sleep, you'll wake up with scratches all over your body. First, you have to check yourself to make sure there are NO scratches on your body. Next, call out 'Nicholas Nails' three times, then go to sleep and supposedly you'll have scratches on yourself come morning. I don't need to do this since I have a bevy of scratches and bruises to begin with.  

#14 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 25 June 2004 - 09:36 PM

Cajun,

When my friends did "Light as a feather", our hands weren't allowed to touch as we passed them over the person's head.  Other than that, it was pretty much how you described.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#15 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 01 July 2004 - 01:18 PM

we always used to do light as a feather all the time. our parents made us stop after we dropped someone though.
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users