Do you think this movie was cursed?

http://www.snopes.co...ilms/polter.htm

#2 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 10:51 PM

I'd heard a lot about that actually, when it came out. I was fascinated by the idea that the set was haunted and that was the reason the little girl died during the filming of the third (or fourth, not sure) in the series. I'm not sure I buy into it, but it makes for a great story.

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#3 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 10:53 PM

I never saw any of them :'(

#4 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 10:54 PM

Well I heard a lot of bizarre things happened on the set of the third one, her death only being one of them. But, it kind of reminds me of Three Men and a Baby, with the "ghost" that appears in one of the scenes. It might just have been hype to sell the movie. Who knows.

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#5 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 10:56 PM

what stuff did you hear. i want all the dirty detales

#6 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 10:58 PM

I don't really remember. It was YEARS ago. Things like staff getting sick, objects being moved, lights going on and off. Things like that. Most of these could just be attributed to the fact the little girl had pnuemonia, there are tons of workers so objects WILL likely be moved, and with that much equipment, electrical problems are bound to occur. But many people claimed to just have a general uneasy feeling during the filming.

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#7 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 11:07 PM

do you think there was a poltergeist with the little girl

#8 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 13 June 2004 - 11:09 PM

Who knows. I've heard of several films about ghosts where the actors have sensed they were attracting things simply by filming a fictional account of something. I don't doubt that it's possible.

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#9 rok_royalty

rok_royalty

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 01:21 AM

4 of the actors died from that movie, which is really weird. I'm pretty sure it had something to do with the supernatural.

#10 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 03:07 PM

do you think there is a link rok royalty

#11 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 14 June 2004 - 03:57 PM

this is something i'm skeptical on. most cases of the flu that i know of don't end in death. and i've never heard of a poltergeist case involving the flu but seeing as the actress was about the age most poltergeists pop up, it could be.

the murdered actress...from the article at snopes.com that seems to be caused by a p.o'ed ex boyfriend.
 i'm curious to think what the rest of your takes on this are. it's pretty interesting

oh and i found a link to the ghost at the set of three men and a baby
http://www.snopes.co...ms/3menbaby.htm

good ole snopes.com
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#12 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 14 June 2004 - 05:06 PM

well, it is sad such things happen, but who are we to know for sure WHAT actually is wrong? Coincidence? well, is there anything called coincidence? I gues everything has a reason behind.
Posted Image

#13 hairpin

hairpin

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 09:08 AM

I think the cast and set of Saturday Night Live is just as cursed. They've lost two handfuls of people over the years.
You cannot use the paranormal to prove the paranormal. -Cody Polstonwww.sgha.netSouthwest Ghost Hunters Association - SHIELD Team LeaderThe 10 BIGGEST mistakes made by ghost hunters.

#14 Guest_Ghostbuter20_*

Guest_Ghostbuter20_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2004 - 01:59 PM

The older girl was killed by an 'angry' ex, the little girl developed a strange illness or disease that killed her, the scene where JoBeth is in the pool with the skeletons, those were real, the psychic with the last name Gilda Rubenstein( I think that's her name. she was on Picket Fences as the secretary at the police station)felt her mother die while she was on the set and the film showed a ghost or something the very day she died. This was all on VH1's the true story of Poltergeist. I think it was also proven that the 'ghost' was actually a cardboard cut-out of Ted Danson.    

#15 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 21 June 2004 - 04:32 PM

ahh gods bless vh1....where would i be without it.

i'm with you hairpin. SNL's gotta be cursed.
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users