• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 24 October 2002 - 01:19 PM

The ghostly hispanic legend of "LaLlorona" spanish for the weeping woman,will be used by the California milk producers in an advertising campaign.The $2million blitz will make refrences to the legend that centers on a ghost who cries for her children who she drowned after being spurned by her husband. The legend is deeply ingrained in hispanic culture,so much that parents can correct the behavior of unruly children just by warning,"if you don't behave,LaLlorona will come for you" The commerical will show the shrouded ghost going to the frig for milk and find the carton empty and leaves weeping, The only word spoken by the ghost is "leche" spanish for milk. It will run in California first and then be offered to other regions....The legend surrounds a young mother of two children with her husband.after he loses intrerest she becomes disconsolate and drowns her children in a river in dispair.then realizing what she has done she kills herself. Her pathetic ghost walks the planet,crying and looking for her children....from the A.P.01-13-02....That would really make me want milk  :o
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

• Guests

Posted 24 October 2002 - 01:37 PM

EEEWWW that's yucky. Of course Cali has to be the first for that one ::). Sometimes, not having cable seems to be a blessing :P......missing all the good paranormal shows though :(.

Does anyone know if they are already showing this? With all the kidnap/killings of children going on this year it seems something like that is in extremely poor taste.

#3 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 25 October 2002 - 05:54 PM

Extremely poor taste not only for the kidnappings and killings but culturaly too...sorry but dead kids or out of milk...my grocery store only sells one.  What's next glorying Susan Smith or that woman in Texas? Legands are only a few steps from reality
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

• Guests

Posted 29 October 2002 - 05:38 PM

Sad but true, masquarade :).

Andrea Yates should have taken just herself out. I'm surprised either one of those f#$&*^# b*^%$#@ are still alive......inmates usually "take care" of child killers.

#5 susmith

susmith

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • Interests:Photography, hunting, boating, camping

Posted 30 October 2002 - 02:33 AM

HEY! I resemble that remark masquarade!
Posted by: masquarade Posted on: Oct 25th, 2002, 8:54pm
Extremely poor taste not only for the kidnappings and killings but culturaly too...sorry but dead kids or out of milk...my grocery store only sells one.  What's next glorying Susan Smith or that woman in Texas? Legands are only a few steps from reality  

Hehehehe I'm just kidding but seriously I HATE having the same name as that psycho woman! I still get asked when I write a check what it's like having the same name........arggggggggggggggg >:)
"Those who do not believe are the FIRST to be frightened when something strange occurs"

#6 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 30 October 2002 - 06:00 PM

sorry, bout that but we know you're not that pyscho b:::h they don't allow that much access to the net *lol*
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

• Guests

Posted 30 October 2002 - 09:56 PM

:) No need to worry about mistaken identity here susmith.....we know who the perp is >:(.

What a bummer about your check writing experiences..... I would think that would get old ::P fairly quickly.

#8 Black_Knight

Black_Knight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 31 October 2002 - 06:34 PM

Susan Smith?
What did she do?

#9 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 01 November 2002 - 01:40 AM

BK,

She buckled her children in the car and pushed it into a lake to drown them they said she was carjacked and her kids were kidnapped, supposedly because she thought her new boyfriend didn't want kids.  I heard (not sure if this is true) that he meant her kids were enough for him.

#10 Lilith

Lilith

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 November 2002 - 06:57 AM

you know i think i can find a picture of her. give me a few minutes.

#11 Lilith

Lilith

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 November 2002 - 06:59 AM

well here is a little more on her.

Ghosts Of Cline Anenue

La Llorna  

The story of La Llorna actually comes from Mexico City, Mexico, but came to the Northwest Indiana region along with Mexican immigrants moving to this region because of the areas thriving steel industry in the 1940's. The story goes as follows. A young mother struck the fancy of a wealthy mans son. He arranged to meet her and soon she was invited over to his house. They became involved and she longed for the day when he would marry her so that she and her children would not have to live in poverty. Growig frustrated when months went by and he did not propose, she asked the man when he would marry her. He scoffed at the idea and said his family would never approve of the marriage because of her childern. She ran from the house back to her humble little shack and in a moment of madness she thought if she got rid of her children that the man would marry her. She went and got a knife and murdered her children. Her dress was stained with the blood of her own children. She went back the mans house to inform him that they could now be married because she no longer had children. Sickened by the crime, the man had her thrown out of his home and told her never to come back. Over the next few weeks she could be seen at night walking all over the town in her blod stained dress looking for her children. After the local police heard about the crime they ordered her arrest, but she was found dead in a nearby river before she could be brought in. Her spirit is still said to haunt the streets of Mexico City. She still wanders in a blood stained dress looking for her sons that she had murdered. So when a ghost in a white dress began to haunt this stretch of road on Cine Avenue the Mexican immigrants called her La Llorna like the ghost from Mexico. They say that she can be seen on Cline Ave. on cool summer evenings.  

#12 wayne2241

wayne2241

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Interests:Listen to Spooks R Us on the Para-X radio network, Mondays at 10pm eastern time, 7pm pacific. Go to http:www.para-x.com

Posted 12 November 2002 - 08:29 AM

>:(I would be the first to admit that I enjoy tasteless things, including tasteless commercials. But this commercial goes WAY beyond bad taste. It is reprehensible. How could anybody seriously think of putting tripe like this on the airwaves? I the the CA Dairy Board should fire the ad people and hire someone who really cares about their fellow man, children included. Maybe people should boycott cow's milk and other dairy products in CA and start using goat milk products instead. Hit 'em where it hurts. At least until they all come to their senses.

MRIP

Posted Image

Listen to Spooks R Uson the Para-X network on Mondays at 9pm eastern time, 7pm pacific time. http:www.para-x.com

#13 Moose

Moose

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 06:50 PM

Sad but true, masquarade :(.

Andrea Yates should have taken just herself out. I'm surprised either one of those f#$&*^# b*^%$#@ are still alive......inmates usually "take care" of child killers.

I was wondering if they were next going to have Susan Smith selling minivans.  
As for Andrea Yates, the husband (IMHO) should be locked up as well.  Wife suffering from post partum depression?  Keep getting her pregnant!

I'm sure by now you've heard of the other Texas woman who bashed her kid's brains in a couple of weeks ago.  It happened maybe five miles from where I live. There are some interesting paralells in the two cases.

Moose
Come. It is time to keep your appointment with the Wicker Man.

#14 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 24 May 2003 - 06:46 PM

:'(
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#15 MTV

MTV

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 26 May 2003 - 09:50 AM

That was on a tv program,about a month ago.On a ghost program,that is.About Lalorona.It was very good.I forget what it was called,the ghost program. :-/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users