• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#46 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 12:51 PM

LOL...that is ONE funny story, gurl! lol And yeah, I admit that altho I loved that song, Bryan Adams DOES send some chills down my spine...a lot like the babysitting story! ;)

#47 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 11:13 AM

Truth really is stranger than--or at least as strange as-- fiction.

Remember the old urban legend about the office worker who sat dead at his desk for 5 days before anyone noticed?  

Apparently, that legend now has come to life:

In January 2004, a Finnish tax auditor did actually lay dead on his desk for 2 days--without notice from his co-workers.

Here's the link to the news article:

http://www.news.com....5E13762,00.html

And here's the link to Morbid Fact Du Jour, which published the interesting article and commentary on the urban legend:

http://asylumeclecti...es/morb0104.htm

Speaking of urban legends that come true, this one I had heard floating around as an urban legend for years, but it actually happened to my aunt, and yes I actually saw it with my own eyes.  She went to an antique shop and bought this beautiful old black wrought iron Victorian vase with inlaid gold religious images (angels, crucifixes, etc).  Upon getting it home she accidentally dropped it, only to discover to her horror that it was in fact a crematory urn complete with remains!  What I don't know is what she did with the bits of dead person that got into her carpet...
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#48 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 10 May 2004 - 12:29 PM

okay yosei. that's WORSE than bryan addams!
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#49 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 10 May 2004 - 03:02 PM

Yosei,

That sounds like old neighbors of mine.  When the Mrs' dad died none of the kids could decide what to do and money was tight so they cremated him but no one wanted his ashes in the house so being the oldest she took them and left them in her trunk.  Well a few weeks later her teenage son was nearly in an accident and heard things shift in the trunk.  Trying to keep his parents from worrying about his driving (btw he wasn't be careless) he cleaned the car complete with shop vacing the trunk.  

You guessed it, Grandpa just swept up and dumped.
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#50 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 11:30 PM

Eek! Hope I never see the inside of a Dirt Devil! lol ;D

#51 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 14 May 2004 - 11:32 PM

Dirt Devil? ???
Posted Image

#52 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 05:06 AM

its a little vacuum cleaner that you can use on our stairs, cars, etc...

http://www.dirtdevil...acs/default.asp
Posted Image

Myspace

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#53 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts

Posted 15 May 2004 - 06:15 AM

lol, I guess it should be a Vaccum. Thanks.
Posted Image

#54 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 07:30 AM

Thump, Thump, Drag...

A teenage baby-sitter put the kids she was watching to sleep in their beds and went back downstairs. The late night news was on the TV -- the reporter said a psychopath from a local mental institution was on the loose and that police thought he might be in the area. He cautioned residents to lock their doors and windows because this guy was very, very dangerous. Well, the teenager checked the locks on the windows and the doors, but she forgot the door on the cellar bulkhead. Needless to say, the psychopath broke in about an hour later, coming up from the cellar, armed with an ax. The children heard some noises downstairs, but thought it was the baby-sitter moving some furniture around. Then it got real quiet. All they heard for the remainder of the night was this noise: "Thump! Thump! Dra-aag... Thump! Thump! Dra-aag..." Evidently, they were too afraid to get up to see what it was. In the morning, their parents came home and were horrified to find the babysitter at the top of the stairs, dead with both arms hacked off at the elbows. She'd been climbing the stairs on the bloody stumps of her arms, pulling her badly injured body along. Was she trying to check on the children? Was she trying to get help? Or in the madness of her tortured soul, was she planning to kill the children herself? No one knows for sure. --> Theresa Gray
Posted Image

#55 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 21 May 2004 - 12:27 PM

"The Curse of Little BAD_WORD"

James Dean was killed in a car crash on 30 September 1955 when his new Porsche Spyder crashed head on into another car. Dean's passenger was thrown from the car and survived, but Dean was pinned inside. He died in the ambulance on the way to the hospital. The name of his beloved new Porsche? Why Little BAD_WORD of course! After Dean's death, many fans refused to believe that he was actually dead (and if you're a female, i implore you to  look at a picture of the guy and say that he was not hot. i DARE you). Supposedly, after the accident, Little BAD_WORD continued killing long after James Dean.

After the accident the Porsche was sold to a second-hand car dealer who put it on public view (supposedly in support of a campaign for road safety). He charged viewers twenty-five cents each to look at it. Car designer George Barris next bought the car and planned to sell it for parts. When the car was delivered to his yard, it rolled back off the truck and broke a mechanic's legs. Troy McHenry, a Beverly Hills doctor, bought the Dean engine and used it to replace the engine in his Porsche. The doctor was killed in a crash the first time he took the car out. Another unnamed doctor bought the Dean transmission. He too was later seriously injured in a car crash.  An unnamed New Yorker bought two of the Dean tires. His car crashed when both tires mysteriously blew out at the same time.  The shell of the Dean car was being transported to a road safety exhibition in Salinas when the truck skidded and crashed. The driver was killed. Stolen from the scene of that fatal accident was the shell of James Dean's car. It's never been recovered.

;D this legend is why i want to name my first car little BAD_WORD, being the james dean fan i am. or christine.
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#56 MoonChild

MoonChild

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 12:29 PM

but I guess this was REAL story, right?
Posted Image

#57 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 04:50 PM

well...james dean really did die in a porsche spyder he nicknamed little BAD_WORD. that's where the facts end and the legend starts moony.

#58 aumstead

aumstead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Interests:Civil War Reenacting, softball, and other things.

Posted 21 May 2004 - 05:19 PM

Yah I heard abouth that once.
Ashley Umstead"DEEP DOWN INSIDE WE ARE ALL SMART-ASSES--I JUST HAPPEN TO BE SHALLOW"

#59 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 11:20 AM

i still like that one. its a fairly good one, mix of famous people, death, and fact. always the best ones.  ;) as i said, its the legend that made me want to name my first car little BAD_WORD. or christine. stephen king fans should get that.

here's another one:

When Apollo Mission Astronaut Neil Armstrong first walked on the moon, he not only gave his famous "One small step for man; one giant leap for mankind" statement, but followed it by several remarks, including the usual COM traffic between him, the other astronauts, and Mission Control. Before he re-entered the lander, he made the enigmatic remark "Good luck, Mr. Gorsky."
Many people at NASA thought it was a casual remark concerning some rival Soviet Cosmonaut. However, upon checking, [they found] there was no Gorsky in either the Russian or American space programs.
Over the years, many people have questioned him as to what the "Good luck, Mr. Gorsky" statement meant. On July 5, in Tampa Bay, FL, while answering questions following a speech, a reporter brought up the 26- year-old question to Armstrong. He finally responded. It seems that Mr. Gorsky had died and so Armstrong felt he could answer the question. When he was a kid, Neil was playing baseball with his brother in the backyard. His brother hit a fly ball which landed in front of his neighbors' bedroom window. The neighbors were Mr. and Mrs. Gorksy. As he leaned down to pick up the ball, he heard Mrs. Gorsky shouting at Mr. Gorsky, "Oral sex? Oral sex you want? You'll get oral sex when the kid next door walks on the moon!"

#60 hawk2k3

hawk2k3

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 01:39 PM

The Princess of Amen-Ra lived some 1,500 years before Christ. When she died, she was laid in an ornate wooden coffin and buried deep in a vault at Luxor, on the banks of the Nile.
[smiley=cwm27.gif][smiley=cwm27.gif] [smiley=cwm27.gif]

I've heard a few versions of that story, most of them dealing with museums, but the Titanic one I know was fake the first time I heard it. Plus some of the ways the story is told(I'm not saying unexplained things don't happen) also say some of the legends are untrue. I'm sure that soe of these were for storytelling(campfire probably).

One version of the cursed mummy actually names the princess Amen-Ra and another name following the 'hotep' part as then name(I can't remember much). I think the most interesting tale is about Amenhotep IV (AKA:Akhenaten). Anyone whose taken History and learned about Ancient Egypt know his story, but in case some don't, Amenhotep IV tried to shift to Ancient culture from Ra, Osiris, Seth, etc.. to one god(Aten). He also changed his name to Akhenaten to reflect this change. He did succeed in doing it, but made a lot of enemies with the priests of the old religion

It was Aten that the egyptians worshipped for years...that is till Akhennaten died. Now you'd think everyone would be happy, but the priests of Ra and his fellow gods had a score to settle with Akhenaten. Somehow they doomed Akhenaten to wonder the earth(but not as a ghost) till someone grant him access to the afterlife. But the only way was to put on a play about his life at a certain place(I forgot where they said) and to have mention his name at the beginning and end of the play(along with during, but the beginning and end were the most important)

Anyways a few people tried to do this, but they only met with misfortune. Some of the stories involving little as getting scared by sudden sandstorms as the play started to as much as people dying. I far I as know no one has succeeded in freeing the infamous pharaoh from that fate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users