• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#1 cryptkeeper

cryptkeeper

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 08:38 AM

The following story happened to a friend of a friend.

Well this friend was driving home from college, heading home for the Thanksgiving Holiday. She was anxious to get home. As she was driving along she heard a report come on the Radio about an escaped Mental Patient.

Needless to say the girl got really scared. Well she had to stop for gas and she pulled in a desolated gas station.  The attendant came out and was really creepy looking the girl thought. She asked him to fill it up.

He did so and then she gave him her credit card for the gas.  He went inside and then a couple of minutes later came out and told the girl that there was a problem with her credit card.  Could she come in and talk to the Credit Card people on the phone. She did not like this idea, but she relented.

The Gas Station Attendant had a stuttering problem that added to his creepiness. The girl got inside and went over to the phone. She picked it up and there was no one on the other end.

That is when the attendant grabbed her and tried to tell her something. The girl got scared and fought the attendant. She fought for her life. She hit him in the head with the phone and knocked him down long enough for her to get outside and in her vehicle.

She started the vehicle up and roared off.  The Attendant ran off and screamed trying to get her to hear him, "There's someone in your backseat."

That is the Urban Legend of the Murderer in the Backseat. I have tons of these as a Paranormal Investigator I run into hundreds of Urban Legends on my investigations. The best way to tell an Urban Legend is when the story starts off that this really happened to the Friend of a friend.

If you enjoyed this Urban Legend, let me know and I will provide the Message Board with plenty more.

#2 DSF

DSF

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 09:48 AM

Cryptkeeper,

I really liked that one!  I've hear that a couple of different ways.

Please post more!

#3 cryptkeeper

cryptkeeper

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 10:06 AM

Glad you liked that Spooky okay want more huh? Okay here is another one for you.

A man and his wife are on vacation in this town that a friend of theirs told them was lovely.  They are driving down a backroad in this town.  When they happen upon a young girl standing by the side of the road.  It is the middle of November and it is rather chilly outside.  They stop to see if they can help the girl.

She asks them if she could get a ride to her house. They say sure hop in. The wife sees how cold the girl is. She offers her coat to the young lady to warm up with. The girl tells them how to get to her house.

They get to the destination and turn to tell the girl that they are here and she is no longer in the backseat. They are curious and they go up to the front door and knock to inquire about the girl.

An older man opens the door and they ask him about the girl. He turns white and says they had better come in. They come in the house and they all sit at the table and have coffee. The man starts to relate the story about the girl.

He tells them that the girl they described is his daughter. He tells them how she was coming home from College a couple of years back and was killed in a horrific car accident.

He proceeds to tell them that they are not the first to show up at his house telling him about picking up his daughter. They thank the man for telling them and they prepare to leave. They get in their car and the man comes to the wife's window and tells them that on their way back to their hotel, they will pass the very cemetary his daughter is buried in.

He proceeds to tell them her name is Mary. They start to drive back to their hotel and start to pass the cemetary.
Curiousity gets the better of them. They drive into to the cemetary. They drive to the specific location that the man told them about. They walk around looking for the girl's tombstone. They do not have to walk very far, because right in front of them, there is a tombstone with the wife's coat draped over it.

Hope you enjoy this one also.

#4 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 12:42 PM

That's a good one Crypt! I never heard that one before, more! more!
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#5 Gregory

Gregory

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 12:43 PM

Any country music fans on this board?  I ask because I've heard that last legend in song form ("Bringing Mary Home," Mac Wiseman).
What Would Batman Do?

#6 cryptkeeper

cryptkeeper

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 12:52 PM

Gregory, if that Urban Legend is in a Country Song, then its purely concidental as I did not know that. Another thing no one person can claim an Urban Legend as they are for the Entire public.

Urban Legends are just that,Legends. I was asked to place urban legends on this section and I was doin so. I have trained in the Paranormal for going on 15 years with some of the best in the business such as Ed and Lorraine Warren, Sylvia Browne.

As I stated I run across Urban Legends all the time in my investigations. If I seemed like I was copying a Country Song then it was purely concidental. AS I do not listen to Country Music. I listen to Classical such as Mozart, Chopin, Beethoven

But as I stated Urban Legends can not be owned by one person, as they belong to the human race. They have been around as long as People have believed in the Paranormal.

#7 DSF

DSF

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 12:56 PM

I've heard several different twists on that one, but the coat on the tombstone is a new one for me. I liked it.

Cryptkeeper, you are a good story teller!

thanks!

#8 Gregory

Gregory

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 01:05 PM

As I stated I run across Urban Legends all the time in my investigations. If I seemed like I was copying a Country Song then it was purely concidental. AS I do not listen to Country Music. I listen to Classical such as Mozart, Chopin, Beethoven

I wasn't accusing you of anything; I was just making an idle comment along the lines of, "Hey, I've heard that one before," but with a little more detail.
What Would Batman Do?

#9 cryptkeeper

cryptkeeper

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 01:11 PM

Now you understand how I got the name of Cryptkeeper from my team. As I relate very good spooky tales lol. Here is another one to chill your bones. This is the story of La Llorona.

La Llorona in the beginning was a beautiful Mexican woman. She had the job of washer woman for the Spanish while they were in Mexico. Her real name was Maria. One day while going about her duties she bumped into a Handsome Spanish Man named Pablo. Maria and Pablo had many trysts together. She bore his children. Pablo's family was well to do Spaniards. Pablo knew that his family would never approve of Maria.

During this time Marriages was arranged. Pablo's Family arranged for him to marry the daughter of a wealthy landowner. Now he had to go tell Maria. He met her on a bridge and broke the bad news to her.

Maria did not take the news very well. She fumed about it for days and nights. Finally on the day of Pablo's Wedding, Maria picked up her three children and walked them to the bridge where Pablo related the terrible news.

She then proceeded to drown herself and the children. Maria went to Heaven, but the Lord asked her where her children were. She told the Lord she did not know. The Lord then proceeded to tell her that he could not let her into Heaven til she found her children.

So the legend of La Llorona begins in the Mexican Culture. She is described as a weeping woman dressed all in black. She has long black hair and long fingernails. She is seen walking around ponds, streams and lakes. Weeping for the children she murdered.

La Llorona to the Mexican Culture is known as a Death Omen. It is said that anyone that sees her is destined to die within a year

Hope you enjoy this tidbit Kiddies. Check back often as the Cryptkeeper will strike again.

#10 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 01:30 PM

Welcome cryptkeeper, those are some of my favorite legends, esp, the one with the jacket on the tombstone. :o I agree you tell a good story. Keep em coming.
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#11 cryptkeeper

cryptkeeper

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 02:40 PM

Hello Kiddies

Time for another of those Urban Legendsthat you love so dearly. I call this Legend The Lick.

There is this young girl named Lucy. She is left at home one night by herself while her parents went out for the evening. She did not mind this as she had her Rottweiler with her.

She closed all the windows and doors and lays across her bed and looks at her clock it reads 10:30 pm. She is starting to get uneasy at being left alone. So she hangs her hand over the edge of her bed so her pet dog can lick her hand and make her feel more comfortable. She falls sound asleep.

She is awaked by a dripping noise from the bathroom and thinks to herself I did not leave the shower on. She looks at her clock and it reads 1 am.  She lets her dog lick her hand one more time and goes back to sleep.

She is awaken the last time when she sees her parents car pulling into the driveway. She looks over at her clock and sees it reads 3 am.

She gets up and goes to the bathroom. She is horrified to find her pet dog hanging from the shower curtain rod. His throat has been slit, there is blood dripping into a puddle on the floor.

She runs back into her room onto the side of the bed where her dog had been licking her hand each time she woke up. All she see is a piece of paper written in blood that says, "Humans can lick to my dear."

Well Kiddies hope the Cryptkeeper has kept you entertained for the evening. Can not use all my stories up now as I will not have any for later.

#12 Gregory

Gregory

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 03:43 PM

You're just an endless fount of cheerfulness, aren't you...?
What Would Batman Do?

#13 cryptkeeper

cryptkeeper

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 03:56 PM

Sorry Gregory. But tell the other readers to quit asking for more lol. I like to write stories. I am sorry that I have hundreds of them.

Thats what I get I guess for being a Paranormal Investigator lol.

#14 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,353 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 12 October 2003 - 02:03 AM

:( more more more more more more more.........

Buddy Crypt, it was so good and CREEPY! :o ;)
Posted Image

#15 cryptkeeper

cryptkeeper

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 October 2003 - 10:04 AM

Here is another Spooky Urban Legend for everyone. I will note ahead of time that I have done research on this one and found that this never occurred. Its just what I say it is an Urban Legend.

A friend passed this along to me. He claimed to have received this in Email from a friend of his. Warning him about his planned trip to Tijuana.

A Wife and husband were planning a vacation to South of the Border. At the last minute the sitter they had hired called and explained that she could not come. So they would have to take their 4 yr old son with them.

Well while on the streets of Tijuana, the family stopped outside a shop and were looking at the wares. The mother got tired of holding her son, she let him down and told him to stand next to her.

Well we know how children are, the boy ran off. He ran around the corner of the shop. The mother chased after him. AS she rounded the corner, she was horrified to see that her sone had vanished.

She went to a Police Officer and told him what happened. The Officer told her to go to the Border Gate. Her and her husband did this. The mother was relieved to see a man approaching her carrying her son.

When the man looked up to see that its was the boys mother, he dropped the child and started to run. The Border Officers caught him. The mother picked the child up and was horrified to find he was dead.

On closer inspection, it was found out that the boy, he had not been gone 45 minutes, had been cut open and all of his insides removed. In place of his insides, the man had stuffed the child with Cocaine to transport across the border.

Now this Urban Legend is not meant to offend anyone. If it does I am sorry as its purely unintentional. This tale is just that an Urban Legend, it never occurred.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users