• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 25 April 2004 - 03:09 PM

Marie LeVeaux was a beautiful Voodoo queen in South Louisiana.

It is said that she fell in love with a Gentleman from New Orleans who promised to marry her. He left Louisiana and never returned for Marie.

She was so devistated and heartbroken, that she hung herself from a cypress tree in whe swamps. It is said if you go into the swamps (I am not exactly which ones) near New Orleans, you can here her screaming and crying for her lover.

Some say you can even see her swinging from the tree.

She is buried in a large cemetary in New Orleans.

http://www.ulrc.com....State=Louisiana
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,387 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 25 April 2004 - 08:51 PM

EEEEKKK!
Posted Image

#3 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 26 April 2004 - 05:39 PM

now was that marie laveaux the mother or marie laveaux the daughter? i've read about both of them, mostly about the hauntings around the grave in new orleans.
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#4 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 27 April 2004 - 07:04 PM

It is also said she never died. she turned herself into a hugh black crow which still flies over the cemetery.
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#5 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:typical teenager...crazy, lazy, sarcastic chick with a lightning fast wit and temper. i am ALSIE GIRL! defender of truth, justice, and replacing the toliet paper roll!<br /><br /> seriously though. i like reading, writing, sleeping, rocking out, trying to find someone to sell my little sister to, and speech team.

Posted 28 April 2004 - 01:31 PM

again, which of the marie laveux's was it?
A long, long time agoI can still rememberHow that music used to make me smileAnd I knew if I had my chanceThat I could make those people danceAnd maybe they'd be happy for a whileAmerican Pie, Don McLean~ carpe diem, seize the day, make your lives extraordinary.-dead poet's society i eat emo kids for breakfast. with french fried hash browns.

#6 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 01 May 2004 - 08:30 PM

This was the mother.
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#7 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 04:37 AM

Is this the same LeVeaux that if you go to her gravesite, and mark 3 X's on it and make a wish, it'll come true? lol

#8 Alsie R.

Alsie R.

Professional fist eater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 09:53 AM

i read somewhere that at the laveaux gravesite, some guy said something against marie laveux and her ghost slapped him.

#9 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 02 May 2004 - 10:35 AM

That is the same one.

I have heard that one to Alsie.

#10 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 03 May 2004 - 03:30 PM

Marie Laveau Glapion is the daughter. Marie II crypt is in
St.Louis Cemetery No.2, where another crypt marked Marie Laveau is known as the Wishing Vault for women seeking husbands.
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#11 JenandXan

JenandXan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 May 2004 - 04:32 PM

I've always been interested in Marie LaVeaux.  When I was pregnant, I decided if I had a daughter, she would be named after Marie!
Thanks for the info!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users