• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Spookydog

Spookydog

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:50 AM

Hi. My name is Spookydog and I'm looking for other "sensitive" people to chill with. My first major paranormal experience was when I was, I believe, four years old. Instead of typing out all of my experiences, I'd rather just share some emails I've sent to a paranormal investigator I found on the TAPS website. Each email will be in its own post. WARNING: These posts are fairly lengthy.

#2 Spookydog

Spookydog

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:53 AM

Email #1
10/13/08

Well, I've been thinking about this a lot lately, and I think I'm ready to start getting more into my "experiences." Before I start sharing my ideas, I'll list some background info as objectively as I can.

Well, my name is (Spookydog). I'm 16 and live in (doesn't matter). As far as I know, there have been no deaths here, other than that of my father's about 3 months ago. I've been having what I believe to be paranormal experiences here since I was a small child. I'd prefer to start with the most significant occurences and then add on the less significant/ most skeptical ones.

Two or three years ago, my brother moved away to college. Of course, I immediately moved into his room. Well, just as I was trying to get comfortable, something disturbing happened two weeks after I moved in. I woke up in the morning to find a skull drawn in the dust on the indoor-side of a window. (The bed was placed so that I was directly facing the window when lying on my right side.) I have a hard time drawing skulls, and I'll admit that it was drawn pretty well. The lines were thick, so it looked like someone had drawn it with a finger. However, the only people with access to my room are my parents because I never have friends over, and rarely relatives. I know for a fact that my parents wouldn't have drawn on my window; they just aren't like that. Anyways, I showed my mom, and then erased it (it was creeping me out).

Well, I just brushed that one off; I assumed there was some logical explanation. However, I was proven wrong a week or two later. I was lying in bed with the light on, doing my homework. I glanced up from my homework at the window (that had previously had the skull) and saw, in the reflection, a white silhouette standing behind me, next to the bed. When I turned to look, it had disappeared. I then got up and walked to the living room, where I finished my homework and slept on the couch for three nights.

Again, I denied that it might be paranormal. I tried to convince myself that it had only been a wierd reflection that my mind, influenced by the skull, had created. Unfortunately, I was wrong again. Again, another week or two passed without any activity. Then, one night I was trying to fall asleep, as normal. It usually takes me about an hour to fall asleep, so nothing was unusual. The lights were off; there was no light reflecting off the window. Suddenly, at 11:09, the white silhouette appeared again, only this time outside my window. It simply strode by my window, probably 5-6 feet away. It looked like a silhouette made of white smoke. Again, the couch became my best friend. The next morning, I returned to my room to find marks and shapes in the dust on the windows. After staring at them for a few minutes, I erased them, fearing they might be a curse or something similar.

To this day, I've only slept in that room a handful of times since.

I've also had less significant experiences, both before and after the aforementioned events.

Do you remember sometimes feeling lonely at night as a child and going to your parents' room to sleep with them? I was no different. I was 4 or 5 at the time when this happened to me. I was used to scurrying through the house at 1AM to get to my parents' room. Nonetheless, it was scary to run through a dark, creepy house, where no one was awake to protect you from the vampires, trolls, goblins, werewolves and all other kinds of creepy monsters you could conjure up with your imagination. It was a last resort option when The Brady Bunch, Lavern, Shirley, or the entire cast of Taxi couldn't keep you from getting lonely. Well, that night even Night @ Night couldn't contain me, so I decided to go sleep with my parents. I managed to avoid any ghouls in the hallway and didn't even see a hint of Dracula in the kitchen, but my luck ran out when I entered the living room. The living room had always been the worst leg of the trips. It was always completely pitch black, and running into something while trying to find the door to my parents' room was almost certain to happen. Unfortunately, instead of tripping over a book or stubbing my toe on a footrest, I found something much more ominous. About 6 feet above the floor hung two red, glowing dots. They were the size and color of a dot from a lazer pointer. I perceived them to be eyes, and, needless to say, sprinted to my parents' room. Being what I now consider my first paranormal experience, I was in denial, and assumed there was a logical explaination. The next morning, I saw that my parents hadn't placed the home phone (only red-light emitting device) on top of the lamp. I asked them if they had moved anything up there, and they said no. Though it's probably hard to tell for sure, I think the lights were in the middle of the room and not on any walls. That's just speculation, though, using memories from my childhood, so you don't need to think too much into that.

I'm pretty skeptical about this one, so I'll keep it short. But when I was in elementary school (probably 3rd Grade), for a couple weeks I saw small, probably baseball-sized, colored circles on my bedroom walls. Every night, there'd be a different number of them (several) and they'd be different colors (green, purple, orange, or blue). They were generally stationary, though they'd sometimes move. I can't remember how radically or quickly they moved. Again, I'm really skeptical on this, and I'm very open to the possibility that they were reflected light from outside.

A couple weeks after the walking apparition, I was talking to my mom about the skull, and I think I saw in the reflection of my aquarium a hooded shadow person quickly move behind me. I'm more skeptical about this than the white apparition(s) because I'm open to possibility that, although I'm not known to see things (except maybe ghosts LOL), I imagined it because I was already thinking about ghosts. And, most recently, I've read that it's common for people to see false figures out of the corner of their eye, although the figure that I saw, real or fake, was NOT in the corner of my eye.

Last, but not least, the night after my father died (a few months ago), I was watching Ghost Hunters (irony?) in the living room. Mind you, I had found my father dead in his recliner only a few feet from the TV that afternoon. Anyways, my brother was on his computer in the kitchen, so I was in the living room alone with the lamp on. The lamp doesn't light the room very well, so when trying to read, you have to sit in the chair next to it or the nearer seat of the couch next to it. It's common for family members to complain about not being about to read in there during the holidays. Basically, when the lamp's off, it's pitch black. When the lamp's on, it casts a warm, orangy shade. Anyways, back to the occurence. Anyways, I was watching TV from the aforementioned chair next to the lamp. I had my feet on a footrest, my eyes were turned to the TV, and my face was pointed in the direction between them (footrest and TV). Suddenly, just far enough to the side so as my eyes weren't focused on it, a yellowish-orange light the size of a bowling ball appeared directly in front of me and shot down and behind the footrest. After discovering that the light had disappeared, I turned my head to make sure that the light hadn't been a reflection on my glasses from the light in the kitchen. I found that every way I turned, I couldn't nearly recreate the brightness or size of the light. I'm hesitant to say that the light was an orb because I don't know if I'd be pulling that from the memory or from watching Ghost Hunters.

I really hope I'm not crazy. As far as I know, I'm the only one with experiences in this house. I was thinking that I might be sensitive, though, because of a few things.

1. Noises. I constantly hear sounds around the house when I'm alone. I'm actually really skeptical about this part, but even as I'm writing this, I keep hearing thumps and other noises in the rooms nearby. The washer/dryer are off, the dogs are at the other end of the house, and the cat's outside somewhere. I also realize that I don't really hear any "thumps" when I'm with my mom or brother. I don't think I've heard any screams or talking that aren't just from neighbors. Again, it's probably nothing, but I'm just throwing it out there.

2. Experiences Isolated to Me. Again, as far as I know, I'm the only person in the house that experiences these things. So I have two options: I'm really seeing things or I'm insane. And really, the only thing that keeps me from thinking I'm insane is the skull. The skull is something I rely on because it's concrete evidence and it's the only thing that I've shared with someone else (my mom). Even my brother, who slept in that "haunted" room for over a decade didn't experience anything.

3. Weird vibes. I'm really skeptical about this because it might just be paranoia caused by the alleged apparition sightings, but as long as I can remember, I've been able to "lock-on" to a place in my view (usually a doorway or room or hallway) and get a wierd feeling that someone is staring back at me.

4. Heredity. I've heard that "sensitivity" might be hereditary. Well, my dad as a kid worked at an AJ Spurs restaurant that is known to be haunted. I have a friend who, up until this morning, had never heard about any of my "experiences". Well, what led to my telling him was that he told me about how his grandfather owns the building/property that AJ Spurs was established on. He said that after the AJ Spurs went out of business, another restaurant was there for several years, and since then businesses have only lasted a month there before leaving. My mom, just yesterday, told me that my dad had seen glasses move and maybe the old woman apparition. When I asked my dad years ago about it, he said he "had seen and heard some strange things", and the conversation was over. Being the overprotective guy he is, I wouldn't doubt it for a moment that if he saw something in our house, he'd keep quiet so as to not scare us.

The whole thing about me being sensitive is really just a lot of speculation. I'm just throwing all of this out so you can maybe get an idea if I'm just crazy and blowing this out of proportion, or if I really do have a gift. Though, I'll admit that although I'm not too crazy about living in a haunted house, I'd rather be right and cautious than crazy and happy.

Thank you for reading all of this. I really hope you can help me out somehow. Writing this email has really helped unload this weight off of my chest.

#3 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,380 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 10 February 2009 - 06:53 AM

Welcome to GV.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#4 Spookydog

Spookydog

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 07:02 AM

Email #2
11/2/08

I have another update.

Remember how I told you about the drawings on my windows, well, a little over a week ago, I looked over them, and I found one that caught my interest. I tried to draw it the best I could with my Paint program. What do you think it is? I'll put my interpretation below.

Spooky Drawing

Did you look at it yet? I think it symbolizes the different stages of a person from zygote to death. The first thing, the "blob", to me represents a zygote or fetus. The second thing reminds me of a toddler or child. The third appears to be an adult. The fourth might be a man with a cane. And of course, the last looks like a soul. I think this proves that the pictures on my windows aren't caused by condensation. I think it proves that something intelligent is making them. What do you think?

Edited by Spookydog, 10 February 2009 - 07:03 AM.

#5 Spookydog

Spookydog

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 07:04 AM

Email #3
11/13/08

Whoaza!

After reading your email yesterday, I put a sticky note in an open place on the window where the skull was and "life cycle" is. The note said "Please sign below (down arrow)". I checked on it this morning, and I found one of my weird circle symbols placed over the note (part of it overlapped the note). I've found my "circle symbols" several times on both the apparition bedroom and, recently, my old bedroom that we just remodeled and which I'm planning to move back into. The "circle symbols" are strange in that they aren't made from finger marks and that they are just two faint circles, one inside the other, with shading in between the circles and inside the center circle. They kinda look like what would happen if you put the bottom of a metal can up against the window. Anyways, the entity responded with one of these symbols and a few small finger lines.

I got a response from TAPS, and they are uncertain that my house is haunted with the info I presented them. Granted, they don't know me, my house, or my family/friends, so I understand. They told me to keep a log of all paranormal activity, noting the time, weather, location, and people in the house.

Well, that's all. I think I'll keep trying to get responses from this entity and maybe even try to communicate with it.

#6 Spookydog

Spookydog

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 07:08 AM

And finally, Email #4
2/9/09

Well, I have a few things to update you with, along with some questions.

I have a some more experiences to tell you about.

First off, my mom's side of the family always meets together for Thanksgiving every year, so I got a nice little story from my cousin.
About four years ago, during the summer between 7th and 8th Grade, my mother, brother, and I went on a Mediterranean cruise for a couple of weeks with some other
relatives on my father's side. My dad doesn't like to fly in airplanes, so he stayed home. My cousin stayed at our house the whole 2 weeks. We hired him to tear down an old
shed to make room for a new garage. He also fed the cattle and kept an eye on my dad. (My dad had heart problems.) Anyway, apparently one night, my cousin was sleeping in the "skull" or "spooky" room. He saw a shadow person walk out of the old shed and into the house, though he initially believed it was my dad. He then heard my dad crying for help. After he had raced to my dad's room and asked what was wrong, my dad was confused and knew nothing of his cries for help. So my cousin went back to the room, and again heard my dad calling to him. Again, my dad was puzzled. My cousin said he was so scared that he slept in the living room instead, facing the wall and refusing to look at the rest of the house.

I have another experience to share that also isn't quite new, but I think it's probably the most unique of them.
This is actually the only substantial experience I've had away from home (I've got bad vibes in other places). This one dates back to my father's death, and I bring this up now because it's starting to make sense to me. Again, here's some background info. The morning of the day my dad passed, my brother brought him home from the hospital. My dad was expected to have surgery about a month later; the doctors said he would be fine until the surgery. My great-aunt Dorothy ("Dot") is the younger sister of my paternal grandma. When my father was a child, Dot thought he was just so precious; she loved him dearly. She died of cancer in, I think, October '07. Anyways, when my brother and I were visiting my dad in the hospital, the day before my dad passed, I think I had a vision. It was between 1 and 1:30 PM, June 30, 2008. I was suddenly strangely reminded of Aunt Dot, and in a split second, I saw what appeared like a sketch of Dot's face drawn with a purple colored pencil flash before my eyes. Yeah, I know, when you think
of something, images of that thing appear in your mind, but there was something significant about the image. I can't really describe it; there was just something that made it more than just a visual thought. Something that made it stick in my mind. I was so convinced that this wasn't normal that I asked my brother, as we were leaving the hospital parking lot, if he had seen anything. Of course, he said 'no'. Well, 24 hours later, give or take maybe 15 minutes maximum, I was the first to find my father's body. Was it a coincidence that he died 24 hours after my "vision"? I don't think so.

I'm starting to get tired of long stories, and I still need to read a lot of Atlas Shrugged today for English, so I'll keep this next one short.
Well, this last December, I stayed home one day to get caught up on schoolwork instead of going to school. Finals Week was next week, so I was in a hurry. I was reclining in the office chair after doing some typing in the computer room (refer to attachment). It was around 10 AM. I was facing the my Old Bedroom (attachment), "zoning out". I could see the bathroom window to my right. Well, something dark passed by that completely blocked out the window's light as it passed by in approx. 1.5 seconds. I've seen a shadow person at least once before, so I wasn't terribly surprised, but at 10 AM in the morning?! I am sure that something blocked out the light as it moved by. To get a good idea of how big it was, I first stood next to the window. I'm about 6'1", so whatever it is, must be about my height at most. Just standing in the bathroom, my head didn't nearly reach the top of the window (shadow blocked out entire window pane as it moved across). So I stood in the hallway and blocked out the window with my hand. My hand was elevated at around my height, of course. I definately remember the thing blocking out the light. Analyzing it, my brain is also telling me that it was a whole figure that went through the hallway, though I don't know how much of that is my imagination filling in the gaps or legitimate memory that is harder to recall because it was from the corner of my eye.

Finally, here's the experience that made me write this update in the first place. This is why I am asking for help.
Last night my mom sent me to do the laundry (attachment). We had been watching TV in the living room, and a commercial was on. By the way, every night I get multiple occasions of feeling that something is either watching us or has at least moved by the end of the hallway where it meets the kitchen. This is where I fix my stare until the feeling subsides. Sorry, that's a bit unrelated. Anyways, I walk over to the washer/dryer, getting my usual nervous feelings that I always get at that side of the house at night. I looked down to the Spooky Room, and got a feeling of dread as always at night. Anyways, I open the washing machine and bend over the grab some dirty clothes. I instantly got a strong feeling and stood up. I heard a masculine voice whisper for a couple seconds. The voice was perfectly clear and loud, so I'm guessing that it was very close. Unfortunately or fortunately, it didn't say any words, just a couple sounds. I think I might've missed the words before I stood up. Either way, I was so scared that I raced back to the living room as fast as I could and didn't go back until my mom went with me (at which point I didn't even get weird vibes). I've never been this scared, even after SEEING apparitions! I'm 6'1" and 255lbs, so me running away to my mommy is definately odd. To me, I think the voice was just more personal than anything else I'd experienced. I think this might be the "straw that broke the camel's back".

On on hand, these experiences keep eliminating my doubts about whether this is real or not. On the other hand, I'm so scared that I don't venture pass the kitchen at night unless my mom's nearby. I really just wanna know what is in my home and if I can compromise with it. I'm only going to be living here for another year and a half before I leave for college. God forbid this thing follows me there. My mom seems totally unaffected by it (or them), so I'm not too worried about her. If this is a human spirit, I'd like to know the history of the property and who it might be. In your experience, what's the best way I can get some history? If it's inhuman (which I really hope it isn't), then I'd like a more experienced sensitive person to possibly identify what it is and give me advice on how to deal with it. Now with the voice, I feel that something's gotta be done.

#7 Spookydog

Spookydog

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 07:16 AM

Oops. Sorry the Email #2 link doesn't work. I'll try to transfer the image to Photobucket tonight.

#8 Atropa belladonna

Atropa belladonna

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Interests:I have many interests and hobbies. <br />I have enjoyed White Water Rafting down the Penobscot River, Dead River and Kennebec River all on several occasions, Hiking in the White Mountains, Camping, Taking Photographs, watching the horse pull's at Fryeburg Fair, Canning, Sewing, Scrap Booking, Fly Tying, My Artwork........<br /><br />Over the last few years; I have added vegetable gardening, to the job of getting my property back into shape. (it is amazing how well vegetable's mix into a flower garden)<br /><br />I love reading ghost stories and seeing programs on the paranormal.<br />My experiences with the paranormal began when I was still an infant and have continued to this day.

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:47 AM

Posted Image

Time exists so everything doesn't happen at once.Space exists so everything doesn't happen to you.*

Be happy while you're living, for you're a long time dead.*-- Scottish Proverb

#9 Spookydog

Spookydog

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:55 PM

Well, I finally got my Photobucket working again. Here's the two pics I originally meant to have.

The first is the general layout of the more "active" part of the home. It might help to understand things better.

The second is the "life cycle" "diagram".

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 21 February 2009 - 08:50 PM

Posted Image

Edited by MoonChild, 21 February 2009 - 08:56 PM.

Posted Image

#11 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 22 February 2009 - 10:31 PM

Hey Spookydog,

You can go to your town hall to get information on the history of your home and land. All the information is free, you just have to ask.

I'm so sorry to hear of your dad's passing, really sorry. I can't imagine losing a parent at such a young age. I'm wondering if any of the "new" experiences you are having are your dad? It's possible that he is trying to contact you, but often times when souls have crossed over just a short time ago, it is difficult for them to make their presence known in the way they want to. I do believe that you saw your aunt in the hospital room the day before your dad passed. It was her way of letting you know that she would be there for him to help him cross over.

Have you tried meditation? If not I would suggest that it is a good way to get deeper insight into what/who is in your home. When you meditate you can ask questions about who/what is in your home with you. If you listen intently you will get the right answers. Go with your intuition and trust it.

Once you find the history of the home/land, I am sure you will be able to figure out what is going on there. PM me if you like, I may be able to offer some additional insight.

Again welcome to the village. You are not alone.

Kira
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#12 v-huntley

v-huntley

Provides a GREAT example!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Interests:superstitions, cryptzoology, ghosts and anything else paranormal.

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:38 PM

Welcome to GV!

#13 nq13

nq13

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Interests:WE ARE ANONYMOUS
    WE ARE LEGION
    WE NEVER FORGIVE
    WE NEVER FORGET
    EXPECT US

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:53 AM

:wave: :clap: Welcome to Ghost Village and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! :ghost:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users