• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Spookydog

Spookydog

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 09:44 PM

After hearing my first disembodied voice a couple nights ago, I am now determined to do something about this entity. Here's a brief list of "symptoms" that might help you help me determine whether this thing is good, bad, or evil.

What I've Seen:
white apparitions
shadow people
orbs
red, glowing eyes floating in air

Moving Objects:
Entity likes to draw on the dust on my window. It's drawn a skull, unrecognizable characters(letters), turned the cross I drew into a trident.

Emotions Triggered by Sensing It Nearby:
nervousness
dread
fear

What's Been Heard:
footsteps
masculine voice whispered in my ear
mimicry of my sick father, crying for help (he has died since)(mimicry allegedly heard by cousin)

Well, it doesn't sound good. I honestly can't even enter the more active side of the house at night; my emotional senses act up. Fortunately, I haven't been hurt. Do you guys think this might be inhuman?

#2 Nor'Easter

Nor'Easter

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:I'm a writer. I am fascinated by the theo-philosophical implications of metaphysics and the paranormal.

Posted 11 February 2009 - 12:06 AM

I don't believe in "inhuman" manifestations. Believe me when I tell you that there is no demon that can ever be more malevolent or evil than a human being is capable of being. "Demons" are more than likely the same kind of nasty person that made people's lives hell when they were still alive, and are just being themselves after death.

Whatever it is, it hasn't even got the physical capacity that you have as a living, animate being that's been designed to function relatively effortlessly within this environment. This thing can write in dust and can make sounds, but hell, I can do that, and I can't imagine anyone being afraid of me for being able to do that. Look at this pest as a real jerk of a guy who is getting off on scaring you, but doesn't have the power to do anything more than move a couple things and make a handful of sounds. Like being menaced by a guy in a wheelchair or something.

It only has the power over your fear that you give it. Beyond that, the whole thing reminds me of the guy who happened on his friend playing chess with his dog.

"That's amazing!" he exclaimed. "Your dog is brilliant!"

"Oh, I don't know about that," his friend replied. "He's pretty weak on the left side of the board. I've played opponents who are better."

In essence, a ghost can barely function in our world, and are certainly nothing to be intimidated by.

#3 Flormarina

Flormarina

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Interests:I love poetry, and photography, music and oil painting, in general I love nature, with all its splendour and glory. The paranormal has been one of my favourites hobbies.

Posted 11 February 2009 - 09:58 AM

Moved to personal encounters... since this topic involves personal experiences with a spirit.
Posted ImageFlormarinaIf you got something to tell the world, write a book....

#4 Lord Storm

Lord Storm

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 06:57 PM

I had similar problems at one time. What I did was go to the darkest scariest room in the house and sat on the floor and closed my eyes. I insisted to myself that I was not going to be afraid as I could not be harmed by anything there. I was not harmed although I did have an interesting encounter. Nor'easter is quite right.

These creatures make you week through your fear. Only once you are very weak can they harm you. You are the stronger so stay strong :) and everything will be fine. Some would call them Demons, Shadow people or ghosts...the list is pretty long. They are hard to identify because they wont tell you you what they are :P I have encountered a shadow being with bright red eyes. It seemed to emanate fear which I felt before I saw it. It still did not harm me even though it felt like someone was screaming right in my face. I calmly walked away even though my stomach was in knots lol and every ounce of my being wanted to sprint down the road :P

#5 yld1009

yld1009

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 04:16 AM

Hello spookydog and welcome to GV. I have lived in a haunted home for a little over a year now. You can control what goes on in your home. I agree with the two posts on here above. I have learned that you can control your environment. Just remember that it is your home..put your foot down and let them know that they will not scare you and that you belong there, not them. They seem to want your attention and for whatever reason are scaring you to get your attention. Try not to let them do that. They feed off of fear and anger. Ignore them (hard to do, I know from experience), but it helps. If they haven't harmed you, then I would assume you just have an angry spirit, that was once human just like you and me. Treat them as such and don't let them control YOUR environment. If you are up to it and you really want to know what is there, you can take some pics, set up a video recorder or an audio recorder to catch this stuff on tape. But only if you feel comfortable with that. It will not do any harm doing this. Just don't use those crazy boards or things like that to communicate. Just try to capture it on film or audio. Please let us know if anything else happens of if you have more questions. That is what we are here for. Again, welcome to GV! yld

#6 Cautious-Psychic13

Cautious-Psychic13

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:I am a writer, a wife, a mother of 3, a grandmother of 5, an empathic psychic, and use my empathy to connect with both the living and those of spirit. I had a very near death experience in May 2008 that has brought me back to my paranormal life.<br />I love to travel. To camp. To visit museums, zoos and aquariums. I love to learn about people and places. I have a degenerative bone and muscle disease and expect to be in a wheelchair by the end of 2009 but I love Disney World and amusement parks. I love boating on quiet lakes and seeing sunsets and sunrises. I love hearing from others so write me if you'd like because as a writer I can never know too many interesting people.

Posted 15 February 2009 - 06:59 AM

:ghost: I have said this over an over. In 50 years of encounters I have never had an experience with anything demonic. Angry spirits? Sure but as said ahead of me, your best bet is to not give it the power to hurt you.

Orbs are just stray collections of energy. Shadow people and white mists are spirits that have not come all they way thru to full bodied apparitions. That takes way too much energy. Red glowing eyes are not a sign of evil. It's similar to red eyes in a photograph reflecting light. The rest no matter how unpleasant is more of a jokester then evil. You don't need seances or exorsisms to clear the house.

Give an experienced paranormal research team a chance to scientifically explore your house if you want but as said in the last posts just decide to take your house back. It will lessen till it gets bored and stopped. You may never be free of it all together but as hard as it sounds the more you don't react, especially with fear, the more it lightens up.

Keep the faith.

Sharon

#7 PSI-Jim

PSI-Jim

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:31 AM

Hey, wheter people choose to believe what actually exists is up to them. Demons DO exist, Nature Spiritis DO exist, and BAD_WORD off spirits like to play games and pretend there entities they are not.

Demons and other malevent spirits are able to influence and manipulate other 'lowly' entities like a once-human entity.

When a demon decides to reside somewhere, in someone's home, they tend to begin their haunting in subtle manor. Maybe a few bumps and knocks around the house late at night. Then maybe the TV, radio and lights turn themselves on and off. Activity escalates to your bed violently shaking, covers being pulled off you.

Along with the frightening events there is said to be an extremely foul stench. Some say the odour is like sulphuric acid, others say rotting flesh. The air becomes thicker, and unlike other types of hauntings you will experience 'warm spots'.

Does any of that happen?

More can be found at with site in my sig.

Jim

Edited by Redhead, 17 March 2009 - 08:26 AM.

#8 CrystalEyz

CrystalEyz

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:27 PM

I agree with PSI Jim, what Demons are capable of. However at this point its hard to tell whether you have a human malevolant spirit or demonic, but in any case, for now, keep a journal of whats happening. I dont know what religion you practice or your belief system, but if this were me, I would get a Priest in to bless the place, and attempt to rid whatever it is out of your home. What started this activity, do you know? Lastly, are you the only one effected by this thing? Keep us posted, thanks..CE

#9 CrystalEyz

CrystalEyz

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:33 PM

I had similar problems at one time. What I did was go to the darkest scariest room in the house and sat on the floor and closed my eyes. I insisted to myself that I was not going to be afraid as I could not be harmed by anything there. I was not harmed although I did have an interesting encounter. Nor'easter is quite right.

These creatures make you week through your fear. Only once you are very weak can they harm you. You are the stronger so stay strong :D and everything will be fine. Some would call them Demons, Shadow people or ghosts...the list is pretty long. They are hard to identify because they wont tell you you what they are :D I have encountered a shadow being with bright red eyes. It seemed to emanate fear which I felt before I saw it. It still did not harm me even though it felt like someone was screaming right in my face. I calmly walked away even though my stomach was in knots lol and every ounce of my being wanted to sprint down the road :P

You dare devil you!!! :weeee:

#10 Spookydog

Spookydog

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 03:08 PM

This should tell you pretty much everything, if you have the attention span to read it all.

http://www.ghostvill...mp;#entry507230

My religious beliefs are Christian.

I don't think I've ever experienced any "hot spots" or foul smells (that weren't related to our corgis).

Just a side note, my father didn't really have a good relationship with anyone in the family. We had a lot of tension in our relationships with him, so I wouldn't dismiss the idea that something might have been feeding off of that tense atmosphere and possibly could've even encouraged it.

#11 Cautious-Psychic13

Cautious-Psychic13

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:I am a writer, a wife, a mother of 3, a grandmother of 5, an empathic psychic, and use my empathy to connect with both the living and those of spirit. I had a very near death experience in May 2008 that has brought me back to my paranormal life.<br />I love to travel. To camp. To visit museums, zoos and aquariums. I love to learn about people and places. I have a degenerative bone and muscle disease and expect to be in a wheelchair by the end of 2009 but I love Disney World and amusement parks. I love boating on quiet lakes and seeing sunsets and sunrises. I love hearing from others so write me if you'd like because as a writer I can never know too many interesting people.

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:31 PM

:ghost: I would like to say here for those who believe in demonic entities that even though I have never had any experience with them I have never said that they could not exist. As I have been around a long time and not encounterd one for me would make them veryrare though. For me I worry that too often calling something scary or unpleasent demonic before considering other options would be giving a spirit credit for more power then it has.

Of course if you think it is wiser to treat it with cautious and take the
offensive I guess for you it could be better safe then sorry. You can try to get a priest to bless the place but as far as I have heard there is no guarantee that even works either.

Either way you go, Good Luck and stay in touch,

Sharon

#12 Spookydog

Spookydog

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:16 PM

Just a little update.

A couple nights ago, I stayed up 'til 4:30 (wasn't very tired) and think I might've had a couple of minor paranormal experiences.

I spent most of the night in the living room, as usual. I was playing some online Flash game when I realized that I needed to use the bathroom. The bathroom nearest the living room is connected to my parents' old room, which is connected to the living room. So, if you are in the living room, you go into my parents' room and into the bathroom. It's like a "master bathroom", if I'm using that term correctly. Anyways, I'm usually a little creeped out when I have to use this bathroom, as the rooms aren't usually lit at night. And I've acquired a slight fear of the dark when I'm in my home, as I've experienced things here and, well, you know. Anyways, that night I opened the door to my parents' old room, and I could sense that: A) something was definately in there, and B) it didn't want me in there. As the saying goes, the tension/emotion in the air "was so thick, you could cut it with a knife." So I shut the door and decided to hold it in for awhile.

The second experience I'm a bit skeptical about. I think this occured after the aforementioned experience, later in the night. I was watching TV (Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, never seen it before) and I got the faintest feeling that I was being watched. This occurs almost every late night when I'm awake and my mom has gone to bed. I don't think it's paranormal but instead paranoia caused by previous paranormal events. Anyway, when I got this feeling, I first looked to where the hallway meets the kitchen, as is my routine in such a situation (this is to where I usually "lock on" and hold my gaze when I get strong feelings of being watched)(most distant place in house where you can still look into the living room). In this area, a picture of horses hangs on the wall, and every night, light, from outside or the kitchen, reflects off of its glass pane. Well, when I looked over to this place, after a second or two, I might've seen a dark silhouette of a head, neck, and shoulders blocking out the light cast on their portion of the picture. It was as quick and faint as a visual thought in one's head, so I think it might've just been my paranoia projecting my imagination. Though, when I went fishing/kayaking with a friend yesterday (also a sensitive) and mentioned the two occurences above, he said that if I think I saw it, it was probably real. And, this morning, I went over to the picture to compare my height to the figure's height. The top of its head should've about touched my chin, so if it existed, it was in the lower-5-foot area in height.

Also, a probably unrelated possible experience.

Last Sunday (March 8) I might've been contacted again by my Aunt Dot. I was in the living room, in the same chair in which my dad passed away (as I am now, typing this) and I think I experienced my first smell experience. I was watching TV with my mom and, all of a sudden, I get a whiff of perfume. I start sniffing in the air around me and continue to smell this perfume. I could associate this perfume with either my Aunt Dot or my grandma, who is still alive. The smell dissappeared only to reappear a couple minutes later. I inform my mom. She tells me that she is not wearing perfume and suggests that I smell the candles on the fireplace. I sniff all of the candles, not finding any matches, and hypothesize that I am smelling a mixture of them. However, none of the candles were lit, and I didn't smell any other fragrances for the rest of the night. Even now, I do not smell any of the candles, as none of them are lit.

Considering the aftermath of my last contact with Aunt Dot (father's death), I was/am expecting something else to happen. If anything, I'm expecting something to happen to my grandfather (Dot's brother-in-law), whose dementia has escalated rapidly over the last few months.

What do you guys think?

Edited by Spookydog, 16 March 2009 - 01:21 PM.

#13 Eyrim

Eyrim

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Martial arts,weightlifting,reading,camping,<br />demonology,exorcism and other things.

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:16 PM

[quote name='Spookydog' date='Feb 10 2009, 09:44 PM' post='506442']

Moving Objects:
Entity likes to draw on the dust on my window. It's drawn a skull, unrecognizable characters(letters), turned the cross I drew into a trident.

Can you draw the character`s (letter`s)and post them?

Thank`s
There are two mistakes people usually make when it comes to the devil:One is not to believe in him at all;The other is to believe in him too much.

#14 Spookydog

Spookydog

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:05 PM

Moving Objects:

Can you draw the character`s (letter`s)and post them?

Thank`s

Sorry, this happened over two years ago, so I can't remember.

#15 Spookydog

Spookydog

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 11:15 PM

Also, another update, I talked to my mom about the "smell" experience, and we agreed that it occured this last Friday (March 13). Sometimes when it comes to recalling paranormal experiences, my sense of time is way off. It's just that I thought of Sunday when I remembered it.

Also on the smell thing, my grandfather has gotten a bad infection today, and his body temperature is high. He's in the hospital and isn't waking up. My mom and grandma are there now, and my aunt is on her way (3 hour drive). As my grandpa is very old and unhealthy, we're not expecting him to live through this. Hopefully, he'll live through the night so I can get out of school tomorrow and make my obligatory visit.

Aunt Dot has fortold another death in the family.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users