• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 CrystalEyz

CrystalEyz

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:04 AM

Isn't it funny how different peoples reactions to shows are? Shows like "A Haunting" drive me bonkers!!! I feel like they're dragging things out and over dramatising. I wind up telling the TV to just get to the point! I also did some investigating of one of the episodes and found that they had omitted information that completely changed the story. The episode is called "Where demons dwell" They don't mention that there were other members of the family who claim that nothing paranormal happened in the house and that it was a hoax. They don't mention that Arne the, the sisters boyfriend was only 19 and trying to plead not guilty to murder by reason of demonic possession. The show gets around the controversy by completely omitting the controversy and the people in it. In essence they rewrote the story.

I don't watch TAPs or GHI anymore simply because they got boring. I do know that they do take some poetic license but as an investigator I find that their shows are most true to what my group does, they are very honest about rarely finding any evidence and are the most truthful and realistic of all the shows.

I never heard of that story thanks. Which one is "Where Demons Dwell?" I mean whats it about? I remember the name of the episode but not the context..I dont like GHI or TAPS either, so I stick with A Haunting, or Ghost Adventures, they both keep my interest..CE

#17 Hezz

Hezz

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 04:15 PM

Hi, first post, but jumping in with both feet...

Here's a great little article I found

http://www.horrorbou...p?article_id=61

#18 Cassiel

Cassiel

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  • Interests:Laity Religious Demonologist...Healer

Posted 08 March 2009 - 04:21 PM

Nice addition Hezz! I like this link..

קפציאל Angel of Temperance.

#19 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 04:54 PM

Isn't it funny how different peoples reactions to shows are? Shows like "A Haunting" drive me bonkers!!! I feel like they're dragging things out and over dramatising. I wind up telling the TV to just get to the point! I also did some investigating of one of the episodes and found that they had omitted information that completely changed the story. The episode is called "Where demons dwell" They don't mention that there were other members of the family who claim that nothing paranormal happened in the house and that it was a hoax. They don't mention that Arne the, the sisters boyfriend was only 19 and trying to plead not guilty to murder by reason of demonic possession. The show gets around the controversy by completely omitting the controversy and the people in it. In essence they rewrote the story.

I don't watch TAPs or GHI anymore simply because they got boring. I do know that they do take some poetic license but as an investigator I find that their shows are most true to what my group does, they are very honest about rarely finding any evidence and are the most truthful and realistic of all the shows.

I never heard of that story thanks. Which one is "Where Demons Dwell?" I mean whats it about? I remember the name of the episode but not the context..I dont like GHI or TAPS either, so I stick with A Haunting, or Ghost Adventures, they both keep my interest..CE

Its about a young couple that rents an apartment. The younger brother then becomes possessed. Here it is on youtube

Edited by Seeker, 08 March 2009 - 04:56 PM.

There is nothing left to say.Me

#20 Hezz

Hezz

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 06:49 PM

Thanks Cassiel. I realize that some people will probably consider this to be just one person's opinion but I'm glad he's come forward with what most of us suspected anyway.

#21 CrystalEyz

CrystalEyz

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 06:53 PM

Its about a young couple that rents an apartment. The younger brother then becomes possessed. Here it is on youtube

Ohh thats right, thanks for the link..WOW I never heard about that murder..what was the outcome?

#22 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:35 PM

Ohh thats right, thanks for the link..WOW I never heard about that murder..what was the outcome?

The judge and jury didnt buy it.

#23 CrystalEyz

CrystalEyz

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:39 PM

Thanks, I was not aware of that one. I sort of had a problem when he saw a Demonic type monster surface in I think the back yard? That didnt seem to "real" but then again, I assumed it was a real account. Interesting and thanks again..CE

#24 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:46 PM

Thanks Cassiel. I realize that some people will probably consider this to be just one person's opinion but I'm glad he's come forward with what most of us suspected anyway.

Just to clarify, this is an interview with Ray Garton, he talks a little bit about writing the book "a haunting in Connecticut" and his dealings with the Warrens and their nephew John Zaffis. Scroll down what would be a page down for this in red type;

You've written both fiction and non-fiction. In one case in particular, a book that was labeled "non-fiction" should have been labeled "fiction" (through no fault of your own). For those Horror Bound readers who have a huge interest in the paranormal and who have followed the careers of Ed and Lorraine, what would you say?

#25 Seeker

Seeker

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:51 PM

Thanks, I was not aware of that one. I sort of had a problem when he saw a Demonic type monster surface in I think the back yard? That didnt seem to "real" but then again, I assumed it was a real account. Interesting and thanks again..CE

Exactly, when we are told something is based on a true story we assume we are being told the truth.

#26 CrystalEyz

CrystalEyz

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:32 PM

Exactly, when we are told something is based on a true story we assume we are being told the truth.

I know, but I guess there is always one bad one out of the bunch. Did you ever see Sallie House? Thats one of my favorites..CE

#27 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 26 March 2009 - 09:43 PM

I have added several paranormal shows to my DVR and "A Haunting" is one of them. It appears to be an older show. At first I kinda liked this show. It re-enacts the events using actors while also interviewing the real people involved.

But, lately it has been getting on my nerves. Every story follows the exact same formula, and ALWAYS ends in the 'visitor' being a demon, blah blah blah... The claims are some of the most extraordinary paranormal experiences.

The worst part is that they often claim paranormal researchers came to help the families and that they captured videos, photos, and EVPs, yet they show absolutely none of these. Instead they show recreated photos, etc...

It's gotten to be about 50/50 where I end up turning off the show and deleting it just a few minutes into it.

Have others seen this show and if so, what are your thoughts of it?

I have never really liked this show much, because of the highly dramatization of it. I think it gives the impression to the viewing audience that these types of occurances are typical of most hauntings instead of being a rare occurance. I am having the same issue with the show Paranormal State, however Paranormal State tends not to always be negative....just sometimes I have seen that show be overly dramatic as well. It seems to me that there is something wrong with a show when week after week after week the only thing that they seem to do is end up calling in a Catholic Priest to perform an exorcism.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#28 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:48 PM

Last spring I met a man who's experiences were on this show - the Union Screaming House. His name is Steven LaChance and also speaking with him was a woman who lived in this house after Steven and his family left. It was obvious that they were still affected by their experiences - it was actually the first time the woman spoke in public about it. Steven mentioned that there were several discrepancies - the house wasn't as large as depicted on the show, and other minor details. He also mentioned that the show portrays him as going to the door and saying to the woman "did you know your house is haunted?" and that never happened. They were introduced to each other and the subject came up later. Also, they show him going to the house to see this woman and she is huddled and cowering on the floor in abject terror - they said that never happened either. Of course, the show left out some other things that were pretty creepy. I guess that we simply have to remember that this show is for entertaining people. Enjoy a good story and if you are interested, you can find more info on that haunting by doing an online search.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users