• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 Cindy

Cindy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 29 August 2002 - 05:49 AM

Y'all know the ledgend of Bloody Mary ..right?How if at midnight you go in front of mirror(ok how do you spell that?) and repeat her name 3 x's with your eyes closed them open then after the last time..you're supposed to see her bloody reflection in the mirror(theres that word again)..

Well I know the true story behind the name..how it was done backwards by the engravers and such but I dont give a rats behind..

I still wont never ever ever..try that..it freaks me out to know ends..hahaha..If and thats a BIGGGG if.. something would happen..forget it Id drop dead right there..lol..

Anyone else still freaked by "sleepover" tales?
~*Lifes Blessings*~ ~*Cindy*~

#2 Black_Knight

Black_Knight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 29 August 2002 - 07:34 PM

Ok, well the way I heard it is you go into a bathroom in front of a mirror. Light some candels and start caling out for Bloody Marry  in a deep low voice. its not 3 times its more like 40-100 times, just keep calling out to her.
she is said to appear in the mirror she will try to crack the mirror and come out after you.. Dont close your eyes keep them open.

if your to scared to do that... Try this its very easy.
Go into a mirror light some candel  (REMEMBER: LIGHTS ARE OFF)  and all you do is stare in the harmless old mirror.

if you dont have cadels open the door slightly to add some light.  your face will change as long as you stare in one place. (ITS an ILLUSION)

same with the bloody marry tale. Try both out and it will end up the same.

#3 LordRoan

LordRoan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 12:26 AM

Haven't done the Bloody Mary in years and probably never will again :P Not that I believe its completely true  ::P but me and a very good friend of mine when we were very young, were the brave "older kids" 10 yrs or so at the babysitters so she and I would get people gathered around the bathroom then we'd go in turn off the lights do the chant and come screaming out.  Not sure if we actually saw anything or just scared the begesis out of each other. Got to love being young.  ;D
Roan {}zzz{:::::::>Safe Journies and Good Blessings!

#4 Cindy

Cindy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 04:15 AM

Seeeeee..lol..Im not the only one..It funny after all these yrs and now being an adult (33..still cant belive Im that old) its funny but still freaky..

I guess its just one o those things..Yes Lord gotta love being a kid ;D

#5 softy-girl

softy-girl

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 08:51 AM

I have never tried the Bloody Mary thing because I have always been too afraid that something would happen.  My friends and I would make it into the bathroom and only say the name twice before we would stop ;D We were all too chicken to continue!
You don't have to see it to believe it!

#6 Black_Knight

Black_Knight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 08:59 AM

Its only an illusion, you see your face and nobody elses.

Well unless your house is haunted :P

#7 Black_Knight

Black_Knight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 09:07 AM

I dare you guys to do it. Its no big thing all your doing is talking to a mirror

#8 Aurelia

Aurelia

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Interests:I love a little mystery in things. I am also a person who sees a "haunted" place that scares everyone else, and I add it to my list of places to go. My #1 interest to date is my son.

Posted 30 August 2002 - 09:57 AM

Well unfortunately I was never scared of it.  I did try it however...to scare the crap out of some boy who thought he was my boyfriend in the fifth grade.  Did the whole chanting thing..spinning around slowly in front of the mirror (yes Cindy you spelled it right)...and after finishing 100 "Bloody Mary's"...I let out a blood curdling scream and scared the little boy so badly he wet himself, started to cry...and had to go home.....GREAT (if not a bit mean (a bit??)) fun.
You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.

#9 Jodi

Jodi

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 11:11 AM

OMG, does that bring back memories of younger years. Ditto Cindy's reply of feeling old. What about "Light as a Feather"? Did anyone play that... That is what scared me and from what I can remember...sometimes worked.

#10 Cindy

Cindy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 06:00 PM

Your light as a feather ..stiff as a board..ahhhhhh the memories..like the corners of my mind..hahaha..

Did it ..it worked..go figure ;D

#11 Black_Knight

Black_Knight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 06:06 PM

I never played Light as a fether stiff as a board. I never thought it would work

#12 Black_Knight

Black_Knight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 06:28 PM

but the bloody marry thing is not scary

#13 LordRoan

LordRoan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 11:13 PM

Hmm can't remember ever gett'n light as a feather to work granted with that one we were to busy laugh'n to take it seriously at the time.  Oh Black knight don't forget most things aren't scary unless you believe in them, try doing the Bloody Mary and actually believing it will work <I know its impossible since you already don't believe it will> But a persons strength of mind and their beliefs play alot into what goes on, not to mention it probably was a haunted house  :P

P.S.
After a year I have finally done it I'm no longer a newbie, YaHoo ;D
Roan {}zzz{:::::::>Safe Journies and Good Blessings!

#14 Black_Knight

Black_Knight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 31 August 2002 - 03:25 PM

Exactly.. your mind plays a hole part.  If I beleive I will see a ghost in the mirror when i say bloody marry so many times. It will be scary untill I relaised nothing happans  

but I already know about the mirror illusions so...
If you go into a house beleiving its haunted, ever corner you turn you will be scared. and there may be nothing there at all

#15 Cindy

Cindy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 01 September 2002 - 06:19 AM

The mind is a wonderful isnt it..You have to be really able to tell yourslef at times..its not real..theres nothing there..let the logical mind take over..

As for bloody mary..my logical mind says..be real Cindy for god sakes..its not real..you know that..my unlogical mind says..but what if..

33 yrs old and still wont do it..the what if..just freaks me out..haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users