• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 randalflag

randalflag

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:14 PM

I read a book that was full of myths about a year ago. Then I stumbled across the greatest myth ever. The diarrhea causing vampires. I can't remember a lot of the details or what country this took place in. I just remember laughing for a very long time. People were digging up the dead people in the cemetery, because they believed they were really diarrhea causing vampires. Does anyone know the exact myth?
“Only enemies speak the truth; friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of duty.” -Quoted by Stephen King

#2 cotton08

cotton08

Senior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:I'm a scrub nurse, I have a rescued black lab and another puppy that's half black lab and half Chihuaha (sp?) - strange looking dog, but sweet. I became interested in EVP when my fiance passed. - I wrote about that somewhere else in my profile. (my real name's Connie)<br /><br />I like to swim, go to flea markets and antique malls - I am OBSESSED with anything from the 40's. Don't know why.<br /><br />I use poems, music lyrics, whatever, and make strangely beautiful, poignant 'pieces' out of paper, ripped up towels, glue, newspaper, jewelry, glitter, dirt, sand, anything I happen to see. Hard to describe, you'd just have to see them. That's my favorite thing to do, just create something out of nothing that makes people laugh or cry - brings them outta themselves for a while.

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:10 PM

I'm a nurse.

That explains a lot...

Ok, that wasn't very nice.

:(

#3 MrGrey

MrGrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, mountain biking and general fitness, and ofcourse anything supernaturel, and now also Red vs Blue.

Posted 23 February 2009 - 06:38 AM

I've never heard that one before, its an unfortunate thing to choose from.....get bitten or get diarrhia. bummer! :)
You're sorta stuck where you areBut, in your dreams you can buy expensive cars,or live on mars and have it your wayAnd you hate your boss at your jobwell in your dreams you can blow his head offin your dreams show no mercy]Posted Image

#4 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 23 February 2009 - 11:56 AM

Ofcourse alot of vampire "myths" can now medically be explained, but back in the days when lack of medical knowledge or know how was present, scientific explanations were replaced with pure panic. This type of myth could be explained as a disease called Pellagra

Here are some other vampire superstitions that might be of interest.

Edited by Willow, 23 February 2009 - 11:58 AM.

Either write things worth reading, Or do things worth the writing. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users