Dream spider

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 cia_says77

cia_says77

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Computers, reading, writing poetry and songs, knitting, crochet, and of course the paranormal

Posted 19 February 2009 - 01:20 PM

I really don't know where to post this one. It's not paranormal, but if there is a better place to post it, please move it.

There have been a couple of distinct times that I've woken up from deep sleep and seen a spider either on the wall coming close to me, or spinning a web above my head. One time it was a giant crane fly coming toward my face.
I have it happen when I first open my eyes, and I see the movement so clearly like its actually happening, and I panic, and run to the light. (I'm deathly afraid of spiders, especially when they are close to me). I mention the movement mostly because when I dream, my characters as you will, MOVE more like cartoons (not to say they look like cartoons, they look like reality just have less movement). So like if I were to see a spider in a normal dream, the spider wouldn't be moving and it wouldn't have detail. Where as in these particular instances I usually can even see a pattern on the spiders back!

So my question is, would I consider these experiences dreams? Or like hallucinations from fear? I want to know if it means something since I've had it happen a lot recently. I know they aren't real so it's my imagination but I don't know if it would be considered a dream since my eyes are open.

#2 randalflag

randalflag

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 01:27 PM

I really don't know where to post this one. It's not paranormal, but if there is a better place to post it, please move it.

There have been a couple of distinct times that I've woken up from deep sleep and seen a spider either on the wall coming close to me, or spinning a web above my head. One time it was a giant crane fly coming toward my face.
I have it happen when I first open my eyes, and I see the movement so clearly like its actually happening, and I panic, and run to the light. (I'm deathly afraid of spiders, especially when they are close to me). I mention the movement mostly because when I dream, my characters as you will, MOVE more like cartoons (not to say they look like cartoons, they look like reality just have less movement). So like if I were to see a spider in a normal dream, the spider wouldn't be moving and it wouldn't have detail. Where as in these particular instances I usually can even see a pattern on the spiders back!

So my question is, would I consider these experiences dreams? Or like hallucinations from fear? I want to know if it means something since I've had it happen a lot recently. I know they aren't real so it's my imagination but I don't know if it would be considered a dream since my eyes are open.

Have you ever heard of waking dreams? You are coming out of sleep, but your mind is still in a dream like state. I've rarely heard of it, but I suppose it does happen from time to time
“Only enemies speak the truth; friends and lovers lie endlessly, caught in the web of duty.” -Quoted by Stephen King

#3 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:06 PM

Waking dream sounds like a possibility.

It came to my mind, an incident in one of Whitley Strieber's books where he and his wife had just gone to bed and both of them saw, on the ceiling, 2 giant spiders. They both saw it. Hadn't gone to sleep yet. So what was that i wonder?

Edited by Puti, 19 February 2009 - 04:08 PM.

"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#4 cia_says77

cia_says77

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Interests:Computers, reading, writing poetry and songs, knitting, crochet, and of course the paranormal

Posted 19 February 2009 - 05:26 PM

That sounds about right. I just wonder why it's always a spider I see lol. I have never seen anything but that lol, well besides the crane fly. It just happened again last night thats why I wrote this. I freak the bf out whenever it happens cause I start screaming, "TURN ON THE LIGHT!" lol. Sometimes I have to keep the light on just to be sure nothing creeps onto me. haha

#5 Athena1004

Athena1004

• Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 08:14 PM

I have had the same experiences. The first time I saw a spider it was close to the wall and just glided to land on it. It stood still then jumped across the corner to the other wall right next to me and over the curtain to disappear. I really thought it was a real spider so I jumped out of bed to locate it only to remove it from the room. I wanted to sleep comfortable without the thought of something crawling over me while sleeping.

But since that experience I've only had more. Every other month to montly to weekly then back again to the same cycle. Sometimes it is more solid than other times. The more solid it is the longer it takes to fade away. Not only that it went from appearing on a wall to appearing closer and closer everytime until it started appearing face to face with me. I would wake up and there it would be. However, I don't feel threatened by it, only spied on. It is a little akward. I haven't seen it for a month now. I don't care when it appears either, it doesn't do anything to harm me so I adjusted to seeing it every now and then.

I still have no idea why it appears or exactly what it is supposed to be or why it takes the shape of a spider for that matter.

#6 cia_says77

cia_says77

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 05:05 PM

Thats really interesting. I honestly wasn't sure of the responses I'd get for this subject. But I'm obviously not alone! I had another similar experience the other night but it was a group of flies hovering above my head. Since it wasn't a spider, I still wanted the light on, but I didn't go into a panic attack thank goodness. I'm convinced I'm seeing this for a reason though, whether it be scientific or paranormal. I have heard of spirit animals, but I have a feeling it's a dream meaning or something of that nature. Still freaks the heck out of me though!

#7 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 08:53 PM

Well, if you're looking for dream meanings, I've heard spiders are a symbol of the interconnectedness of things, because of their webs. Of course, if you're that much afraid of them it could just be an anxiety/nightmare kind of thing.
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#8 mooboo

mooboo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Interests:Alternative medicines,acupuncture,animals,animal rescue,marine life, herbs,occult,japan,china,vietnam,uk,italy,rock music,horror,sci-fi,thriller,drama,historic,fun;tv,cartoons,books,movies.<br />Etc,etc

Posted 07 April 2009 - 02:34 AM

This used to happen to me too,except it was always a HUGE pure white tarantula.I was young.Maybe 11 or so
i was def awake,and i would leap out of bed
and turn on the lights to get a better look,and it would be gone.
It would also always be right next to my head on the pillow when i opened my eyes.

Miss
Miss"We were just just picknicking friends"Knowledge speaks ,but wisdom listens~Jimi Hendrix

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users