• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 22 July 2002 - 07:31 PM

One dark rainy night ,many years ago a young couple was travling on highway 150 between Brodhead and Crab Orchard Ky. When the car went out of control and crashed. The young couple die that rainy night in a ditch on the top the hill. It was said that when the first person arrive at the scene of the crash that the rain had washed the couples blood down the hill where it gather in the pond at the botton of the hill.To this day the pond has a red color and when it rains the streams that run down the hill is also red. I have seen this with my own eyes :o
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#2 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 29 July 2002 - 06:25 AM

Wow  :o   There are still too many unexplained events to count.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#3 jolena73

jolena73

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 30 July 2002 - 07:01 AM

:o Ok remeind me not to go there!!

#4 MurdockPSB

MurdockPSB

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • Interests:paranormal research, writing, art, photography, psychology, movies, good books, good music, travel.. anything that keeps my life interesting!<br /><br />

Posted 30 July 2002 - 11:24 AM

aaah, but are the streams of red blood red, rust red, or algae red? red clay too... ;-)
 might be interesting to send a sample to a lab and determine what it is as well.....
"Some things have to be believed to be seen." - Ralph Hodgson"The truth is rarely pure and never simple." - Oscar Wilde

#5 secretsign

secretsign

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 31 July 2002 - 04:43 PM

Well I have always had the theory of the red clay,but one never knows :o..lol
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#6 hurdingcats

hurdingcats

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 02 August 2002 - 04:55 PM

I wonder what the story behind the death of the couple is. Why would their death cause this reaction?

#7 secretsign

secretsign

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 02 August 2002 - 05:41 PM

Maybe It was just the tragedy of the couples death and a strange reminder for the living ???

#8 Naomi_Maxwell

Naomi_Maxwell

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 08 September 2002 - 06:14 PM

Creepy....*shivers*...But Murdock's right. You should send the stuff to the lab and see what the dude's in the white coats have to say.

#9 TKE448

TKE448

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 09:49 AM

Crab Orchard, isn't that in the southern part of KY, down near the time-line?  It's been a while, but I think that I went there to visit with college buddy of mine several years back, at least I think it was crab orchard, but then again there could be more than one.
A Drifter is only a poet with wings, he moves but he can't learn to fly, running in footsteps ahead of his time, with no one to see if he cries. Doyle Lawson & QuicksilverPosted ImagePosted Image

#10 secretsign

secretsign

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 06 August 2003 - 12:34 PM

Crab orchard is in southern Ky about 65 mile south of Lexington, but not way south. Just a little town ;)

#11 TKE448

TKE448

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 03:36 AM

Thanks sign (may I call you sign?).  After looking at a couple of maps, it was Crab Orchard that I went to.  And yes, it was small!
A Drifter is only a poet with wings, he moves but he can't learn to fly, running in footsteps ahead of his time, with no one to see if he cries. Doyle Lawson & QuicksilverPosted ImagePosted Image

#12 secretsign

secretsign

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 07 August 2003 - 01:01 PM

Thanks sign (may I call you sign?).

Oh yes.

I haven't been there is a while but back in the day there wasn't even a stop light, but I think my home town Brodhead is even smaller :;)

#13 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,384 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 14 October 2004 - 11:06 AM

There are ponds around my place (not many though_ that has the same kind of story behind. But it is about the Godess killing the demons and cleaning the sword or stuff like that, but I swear I have seen the RED WATER with my own eye. In one temple it so happens that there are 3 ponds closely located (hardly metres away) and couple of wells too, but the water of only ONE pond is red! Now, how logical could that be? I too "try" to give an explanation, but to this day have no idea how two closely situation ponds can have different colours of water!
Posted Image

#14 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 11:39 AM

THAT IS ODD, MOON! You would think if there was red clay in the soil, it would effect all the ponds.

But maybe it's some kind of microscopic algea that turned the pond red. Have you ever heard of Red Tide? It's when the ocean water turns red in some spots, it is caused by an algae i think.
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#15 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,384 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 14 October 2004 - 11:48 AM

I know it is odd enough! But can't find any humane explanations though. And it is a "bit" too hard to believe that among all these water bodies that are pretty close by, only ONE of these pond will get the algae.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users