18 replies to this topic

#1 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,380 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:32 PM

Yep...thats right...another remake. After seeing the trailer I have to say this remake does look alot better then the original. Wes Craven did the original and I believe he has something to do with this film also. Movie comes out March 13th 2009.

Plot: A pair of adventurous teen girls are kidnapped, raped and murdered by a gang of thugs. The killers unwittingly hole up in the home of one victim's parents, who, upon realizing what their guests did, devise gruesome revenge.

Trailer and website here:
http://www.thelasthouseontheleft.com/
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#2 CASEY WELLS

CASEY WELLS

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:43 PM

regardless of how better budgeted or produced this remake is, it will never be any where near as good as the original.
and wes craven is only one of the producers.
Under the wide and open sky, dig the grave and let me lie;Gladly i've lived and gladly die, away from this world of strife;This be the epitaph for me- "Here he lies where he longed to be, lies in death by the nineteenth tee, where he lied all his life"

#3 eatnama

eatnama

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Ghost novels, 19th century gothic novels; books in general, photography

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:57 AM

My BF swears on this movie (the original one, that is), but I've never seen it. This one looks just like another teen horror movie.

*waiting for the day they'd actually make horror movies for adult audiences...*

#4 Pfled

Pfled

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:1. Making my son smile<br />2. Investigating and researching places of alleged paranormal activity<br />3. Hiking<br />4. Cooking

Posted 27 February 2009 - 08:58 AM

I actually just caught the original on FearNet on demand about 3 weeks ago. If I am correct it was his first film. While it was a little 'cheezy 70's' to watch it did have a disturbing edge to it, and I could only imagine how scary it would have been when it first came out.
"So even if you can't see it, you can still believe in it.It's easier if you lose all the things that prevent you from seeing it."-The Resistance by the Sam Roberts Band

#5 CASEY WELLS

CASEY WELLS

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:20 PM

this is only a movie
this is only a movie
this is only a movie
this is only a movie

he and his crew did or almost did get arrested during filming for the movie, he also made the movie with no filming permits, which is or was illegal back then.
pfled, part of this movie was filmed in CT. i know for sure the cemetery scene.
Under the wide and open sky, dig the grave and let me lie;Gladly i've lived and gladly die, away from this world of strife;This be the epitaph for me- "Here he lies where he longed to be, lies in death by the nineteenth tee, where he lied all his life"

#6 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 28 February 2009 - 04:46 PM

I just added the original to my netflix queue and you can already save the new one... But orignals are always best. In the new one supposdly the daughter is "just" assaulted that's what it said in the netflix description anyways, while for the original it said brutally murdered.

Personally I don't think the money and the special effects make a movie any better.... One of my favorite (and creepiest movies) is "Open Water" and that was made on <1 million and why is it so good and creepy? Because it's realistic... The lady that used to do my mom's nails actually knew someone who got left behind on a Scuba trip and was never found... It's more common than people think. I can't go SCUBA (because of it could cause my brain to herniate), but after seeing "Open Water", I never want to.
Love life.

#7 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:20 PM

The original traumatized me as a teen when I first saw it so i'm gonna be skipping this remake.
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#8 cotton08

cotton08

Senior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:I'm a scrub nurse, I have a rescued black lab and another puppy that's half black lab and half Chihuaha (sp?) - strange looking dog, but sweet. I became interested in EVP when my fiance passed. - I wrote about that somewhere else in my profile. (my real name's Connie)<br /><br />I like to swim, go to flea markets and antique malls - I am OBSESSED with anything from the 40's. Don't know why.<br /><br />I use poems, music lyrics, whatever, and make strangely beautiful, poignant 'pieces' out of paper, ripped up towels, glue, newspaper, jewelry, glitter, dirt, sand, anything I happen to see. Hard to describe, you'd just have to see them. That's my favorite thing to do, just create something out of nothing that makes people laugh or cry - brings them outta themselves for a while.

Posted 05 March 2009 - 08:28 PM

The original traumatized me as a teen when I first saw it so i'm gonna be skipping this remake.

Really Willow? I never saw this movie, the original or any other version of it. The only movie I've ever tried to see and couldn't take it was the exorcist. Another one that scared me really bad was Urban Legends, the first one, when she was at the gas station and the "weird" guy was telling her to get out of the car and that song, Total Eclispe of the Heart, was playing....and what happened to her?!?!?

I never finished watching that one either. Ok, so that's 2 movies. And we rented that one movie, Texas Chainsaw, and as soon as that one came on, I was done. I like a good ghost movie, not so much with the crazy ppl. I like ghosts better.

#9 Willow

Willow

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:31 PM

Yes, it was so real and at the time being a teen girl and seeing what happened to the girls in the film, it was beyond frightening. The same can be said with the recent flick "The Strangers" another movie I just cant bring myself to watch.

The Exorcist is yet another that traumatized me and to this day I can't watch it so I know how you feel! I remember after watching it when I was younger, I slept with my bible and rosary for months....not to mention not being able to even look at much less eat pea soup after seeing it.

Lol, the problem with Texas Chainsaw massacre was all the screaming and chainsaw going constantly toward the end. It was so grungy but thats where the appeal for hardcore horror fans are I guess...give me a good ghost genre or suspense movie and i'm good to go :ghost:

Edited by Willow, 05 March 2009 - 10:32 PM.

Posted Image

#10 levi

levi

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:ghost hunting, roadtrips, playing guitar, horror movies, and being me.

Posted 08 March 2009 - 08:49 PM

I like the older ones better. I think the grungey aspect added to the allure of it. The new horror movies are to polished.
Sign says "next sign 30 miles."

#11 cotton08

cotton08

Senior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Interests:I'm a scrub nurse, I have a rescued black lab and another puppy that's half black lab and half Chihuaha (sp?) - strange looking dog, but sweet. I became interested in EVP when my fiance passed. - I wrote about that somewhere else in my profile. (my real name's Connie)<br /><br />I like to swim, go to flea markets and antique malls - I am OBSESSED with anything from the 40's. Don't know why.<br /><br />I use poems, music lyrics, whatever, and make strangely beautiful, poignant 'pieces' out of paper, ripped up towels, glue, newspaper, jewelry, glitter, dirt, sand, anything I happen to see. Hard to describe, you'd just have to see them. That's my favorite thing to do, just create something out of nothing that makes people laugh or cry - brings them outta themselves for a while.

Posted 08 March 2009 - 08:58 PM

You know what movie really tripped me out? Night of the living dead, that old black & white one. I thought it was going to be dull, but it really got to me!

#12 levi

levi

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:ghost hunting, roadtrips, playing guitar, horror movies, and being me.

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:02 PM

I love that movie. My finacee tried to make it through but couldn't. I've stopped asking her to watch horror movies since then.
Sign says "next sign 30 miles."

#13 eatnama

eatnama

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
  • Interests:Ghost novels, 19th century gothic novels; books in general, photography

Posted 12 March 2009 - 07:43 AM

The Exorcist is yet another that traumatized me and to this day I can't watch it so I know how you feel! I remember after watching it when I was younger, I slept with my bible and rosary for months....not to mention not being able to even look at much less eat pea soup after seeing it.

I saw the Exorcist when I was 19. I was coming home from school and it started raining really bad so I went to my Aunt's house nearby. She and her daughter had rented a two movies: Exorcist and Dude, where's my car? (what a weird combination...) I was basically "forced" to watch it. At that time I was living alone and when I got back home, I was BAD_WORD scared! I couldn't sleep for several nights and even today the music alone is enough to make the hair in my neck stand up. And it's almost 8 years since I saw it!

Too bad my BF is a big fan of horror movies and yes, Exorcist is part of his collection. I have been tempted to watch the movie again, but haven't got around to it.

I know some people don't think the movie is scary at all. A recent review I read said that it mostly depends on how you see the Devil and if you belive in his existence at all. I do believe there are evil spirits and I do believe possession can happen...

Edited by Willow, 12 March 2009 - 09:57 AM.

#14 Willow

Willow

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:11 AM

Then you haven't had the pleasure of watching the 25th Anniversary Special Edition of The Exorcist...the one with bonus footage of her doing the crab crawl down the stairs*cringes* I haven't watched it again either, even though every Halloween it plays a zillion times on television I just cant bring myself to sit through it. My husband had the ringtone put on his phone for Halloween and everytime it went off I had the same hair on my neck standing on end thing that happened to you, happen to me so I know how you feel lol

That's interesting, the religious stand point theory...being raised *strict* Catholic it always puzzled me why my mother let me see it at such a young age. If she was trying to teach me something it was highly effective.

Posted Image

#15 cotton08

cotton08

Senior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts

Posted 12 March 2009 - 10:42 AM

Ewww Ewww Ewww...

Me and my friend "watched" the exorcist. Well, I watched about 45 minutes of it and left. It completely terrified me to the bone.

That night, I went back and stayed at her house and HAD to take a shower, so I did - it was the fastest shower ever! and I was scared so bad in that shower - I even left the curtain open and mopped up the water afterwards. I was determined not to close my eyes, but when I was washing my hair, I had to close them, I was looking down and opened them for a second and all this red liquid was running down me and then mixing into the shower water. :ghost:

I jumped out of that shower screaming at the top of my lungs, slippin and slidin - terrified out of my mind! Turns out, her dad had some kind of shampoo for gray hair and it was red and that was the shampoo I had used cuz it was in the shower.

I stayed that scared for I know at least 3 months. Whitney wanted to rent it recently and wouldn't be talked out of it, so I left the house, I said I wouldn't be in the same house with that movie even. Anyway, she watched about half an hour of it and didn't want it in the house, either.

Maybe it is a religious thing, I don't know, but that's the worst of the worst imo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users