11 replies to this topic

#1 drflavio309

drflavio309

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 11:25 AM

I have been following paranormal things for years but just recently got more active in them and one thing I have always wondered is how the thing with energy got started? I mean is there any type of proof that states that this is what it is? or is it just accepted? I am not doubting that it exist but I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the basis for this. Is it called energy for lack of a better word? and if it is really energy why is this mostly caught on film or recordings instead of seeing and hearing it normally?
I mean I understand lots of things about this and I know that camera's are often drained or robbed of energy, but can someone expound on this a little......
thanks
the dr.

#2 OMPRDave

OMPRDave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, hunting, camping, history, photography, poetry/writing, and last but not least, paranormal investigation

Posted 27 February 2009 - 10:21 PM

I look at things this way...energy cannot be created or destroyed..thank you Mr. Einstein. If he was right, something has to survive...finding out why whatever does is the hunt.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation." Herbert Spencer

#3 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 28 February 2009 - 10:08 PM

Since everything on earth and in the atmosphere is made up of energy and energy never leaves/dies, it is always with us in all type or form. Energy also resides on different frequencies as do electricity and radio waves that the naked eye cannot see, nor the ear can hear. Some electronic equipment is able to pick up energy on those alternate frequencies like when a person turns the radio dail to change the station. Also (and I may be wrong, this is a theory) entities like spirits need extra energy to manifest, thus as in order for an electric lamp to work, it must be plugged in, so must a spirit find an additional energy source for it to become stronger. Hence battery drain, cold air, chills, etc.

As far as people tuning into energy, some people's brains are tuned into higher frequencies and densities than others. It's not to say that only certain people can do that, all are capable, only some either come by it naturally or have learned how to tune in.

I hope that addresses some or all of your post drflavio.

Kira
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#4 Cautious-Psychic13

Cautious-Psychic13

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:I am a writer, a wife, a mother of 3, a grandmother of 5, an empathic psychic, and use my empathy to connect with both the living and those of spirit. I had a very near death experience in May 2008 that has brought me back to my paranormal life.<br />I love to travel. To camp. To visit museums, zoos and aquariums. I love to learn about people and places. I have a degenerative bone and muscle disease and expect to be in a wheelchair by the end of 2009 but I love Disney World and amusement parks. I love boating on quiet lakes and seeing sunsets and sunrises. I love hearing from others so write me if you'd like because as a writer I can never know too many interesting people.

Posted 28 February 2009 - 10:37 PM

:D I am not sure exactly what you are asking. Is this a which came first the human or the spirit? Have they had an evolution as we have? I think they were created at the time of the big bang the way everything was created. It is a belief of sorts of mine that some of us at death do not completely disconnect from this phase of energy to the next. We were somewhere before we came here and we must go somewhere after we die. There could be a succession of energies we cross one after the other. But as no one here knows its just a thought among millions

I also believe not all spirit energy is human. These seem to be older then any human spirit. It may also be that human spirits eventually loose their connection to this world. In older countries then the US you may hear of spirits hundreds of years old but if they didn't fade away I think we would be up to our ears in spirits.

At any rate we may know the truth someday we may never know anything about the mystery of who, what, why or where everything has been or where its going.

Sharon

#5 drflavio309

drflavio309

Junior Villager

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 12:11 AM

all of these answers are very good, and i got a grip on it to some extent, let me put it this way, in my mind if a spirit is energy, then I would think it could somehow be measured, in some form, so would that not be a validation? but what i was really shooting for was has this always been refered to as "energy" or was it known as another name? what i was trying to ask at first was where did the name energy come from is it a recent thing or has it always been energy. name wise, but after reading some of the answers I am now more confused by it than I was before.lol, Imean, it just seems to me that if it really is energy then we should be able to somehow measure it, and if we could measure it then would that not be a form of validation?
I honestly am not trying to start anything I am just trying to get a better understanding of some pf the parts of the paranormal I have never fully understood. I am not standing on either side of this issue I am just trying to get a better understanding of it.
the dr.

#6 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 01 March 2009 - 04:34 PM

I think EMF meters and FLIRs are some ways investigators attempt to measure spirit energy inparticular, however that does not conclusively validate the presence of spirits. So the question is, if we can conclusively measure all these other types of energy that exist on earth, why not this specific form? As far as the term "energy," I have no idea when that was coined.

Excellent question drflavio! I certainly am not looking at it as a challenge to believers. It's good to be inquisitive.
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#7 Cautious-Psychic13

Cautious-Psychic13

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • Interests:I am a writer, a wife, a mother of 3, a grandmother of 5, an empathic psychic, and use my empathy to connect with both the living and those of spirit. I had a very near death experience in May 2008 that has brought me back to my paranormal life.<br />I love to travel. To camp. To visit museums, zoos and aquariums. I love to learn about people and places. I have a degenerative bone and muscle disease and expect to be in a wheelchair by the end of 2009 but I love Disney World and amusement parks. I love boating on quiet lakes and seeing sunsets and sunrises. I love hearing from others so write me if you'd like because as a writer I can never know too many interesting people.

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:54 PM

:) I am sure energy only became the description around the time Edison was catching the first EVP's on his discs and when supposed mediums starting trying to catch ectoplasm in jars. Before that I believe they were thought of as gaseous or solid.
I am sure we can google it somehow to get an answer. Unless someone investigates it before me I will try and look for it.

Sharon

#8 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,564 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:28 AM

While it may be true that energy exists on various frequencies, that does not account for why cameras are affected and we don't see whatever it is. Cameras may go slightly farther into the IR portion of the spectrum, but we also have equipment that reliably measures thos regions. However most of a camera's sensitivity is in the visible light portion of the spectrum, the same as we see with our eyes. Anything in that area can both be seen and photographed.

Regarding "energy drain" I have never encountered any enery drain from batteries that could not be accounted for. I monitor power consumption on all investigations I do using a power module to supply all equipment. These batteries have a stated amp-hour rating, and as such have a certain expected life between charges. I have found that to my experience this is met on each investigation, they are drained when they should be, not before as would be the case if something was taking extra power from them.

#9 Ike

Ike

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:01 PM

energy (from the Greek ἐνέργεια - energeia, "activity, operation", from ἐνεργός - energos, "active, working"[1])
Since I was very little I was able to attract and manifest energy. I didn't know what it was, so I just told my mom, "I can make my hand tingle! Mom!"
I think unless you obtain a 'Third Eye' you cannot see energy, only feel it.
Chakra and Aura is energy/a form of energy. Of course, of about things like how it came to be, I don't know. ~
Thats great taylor and Imma let you continue, but Ghostvillage is the best paranormal site of all time~<3

#10 Cautious-Psychic13

Cautious-Psychic13

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:47 PM

energy (from the Greek ἐνέργεια - energeia, "activity, operation", from ἐνεργός - energos, "active, working"[1])
Since I was very little I was able to attract and manifest energy. I didn't know what it was, so I just told my mom, "I can make my hand tingle! Mom!"
I think unless you obtain a 'Third Eye' you cannot see energy, only feel it.
Chakra and Aura is energy/a form of energy. Of course, of about things like how it came to be, I don't know. ~

:wow: Ike, My daughter and I are always having street lights and others going off and on when we pass by along with attracting extra energy when we are around the high tension wires. My mom and I effect magnets and any watch we wear always refuses to keep the correct time. This is very annoying but seems harmless to us. How do you ground yourself to discharge built up energy.

#11 rustee

rustee

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 10:05 AM

We were somewhere before we came here and we must go somewhere after we die.

Hi Sharon, I LIKE this sentence! It sums up everything that I believe in. May I have your permission to use this sentence?

#12 Cautious-Psychic13

Cautious-Psychic13

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:41 PM

:ghost: As I believe it is the truth you most certainly use it any time you wish. It is my way of knowing that after death I will be alright one way or another. If I came from nowhere and am going to nowhere that is OK too.

Sharon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users