bunnyman's bridge!!!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 hunter

hunter

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 January 2003 - 07:00 PM

the bridge has to be haunted because of the orbs in pics of http://www.dixiexfil...yman_Bridge.htm  show orbs i mean it has to be haunted by something or by someone i mean maybe the story of the bunnyman's bridge is not true or maybe it is i think its haunted by someone who got killed there.

#17 Darkomik

Darkomik

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 January 2003 - 10:51 PM

::)I saw Scariest Places on Earth.  I don't know about you guys but I thought that show's hilarious.  I don't believe the whole set up.  Surely you all know that ghosts do not show up on cue.  Even if you desperately want them to show up.  I'm not putting you guys down or anything.  I just don't take that show seriously.  In the Bunnyman episode, a red scrawl on the wall?  A message from Bunnyman telling people to get out?  Please.  :P  As for people acting scared in these famously haunted places, I'll go watch the Blair Witch Project instead.  ::)

#18 ohioparanormal

ohioparanormal

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 January 2003 - 09:06 AM

I'm sorry ghosthuntergow if I take the subject of the belief of urban legends too seriously. Matter of fact I take this whole subject seriously, it's not just a message board or a camera hobby for me. I deal with real people having real problems, to me, that's serious business. I do have an imagination, but I don't let it affect my beliefs or opinions.

hunter, you are falling for the biggest urban legend of all. The existence of "orbs" in a photograph does not mean a place is haunted. There is no evidence that "orbs" are related to spirits/ghosts, matter of fact...there's nothing in stone that says ghosts do either. It sounds like a hardcore skeptic statement, but it is true, belief and personal experience are not enough to create fact. Just trying to keep some perspective here.

#19 gowie2hotty

gowie2hotty

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 09:56 AM

I never said orbs did relate to ghosts, You ever read any of my investigations,,,,I don't once mention orbs.  If they are related fine,  but 9 times out of 10 they are floating dust particles across the lens reflecting the flash.  Any Self respecting paranormal researcher knows that.  After having had actual ghosts throw stuff at us, move chairs and have about 10 kittens that followed us into an abandon house all flip out for no reason, Orbs are the least of my concerns, My methods are different but hey SO WERE THE BEATLES and ELvis during their times.  You don't like my methods or the way I do things Hurray, I don't care, but it doesn't mean I don't take my work any less seriously than you just because I have fun with it.  
Come Check out Jason Gowin online at - http://www.jasongowin.com

#20 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 02:22 PM

You all are talking about orbs and such,I had a interesting thing happen to me the other day that made me wonder.I was waiting for a ride looking out the window for them to come.I had my sunglasses on and I turned a little and right there was a orb! Now I'm thinking how is this happing? I moved my head just a tad the orb dissapeared I moved it back and there it was,so I'm thinking what the heck.This things looks just like a lot of pic I'v seen and I know it's not paranormal related.So I took my sunglasses off and focused on the spot got a close as I could to the glass on the window and there was this teeny tiny little pit, dirt or something on the glass. I still looked at it from the same way but couldn't see it untill I put my sunglasss on. I don't diss the orbs thing totally but it makes ya wonder..IMO. 8)
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#21 gowie2hotty

gowie2hotty

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 29 January 2003 - 11:07 PM

oh i totally agree secret, its all a matter of perception
Come Check out Jason Gowin online at - http://www.jasongowin.com

• Guests

Posted 21 April 2003 - 11:49 AM

:-[I totLY believe it! I saw it on TV read it in books and when a few friends of mine went to Ecole De Neige, We said "From the bridge come to me, bunnyman we wanna see thee" 3 times in a mirror and strange things happened for the entire time we were there. For instance, we went upstairs right after thinking it wouldnt work but on the wall in the wooden walls, was the shape of a bunny's face.  >:(we were totaly freaked out as more weird happenings occured. :D ;) :) ;D :(

• Guests

Posted 06 July 2003 - 08:31 AM

me and 5 other guys went down there at about 1 in the morning after having a couple of fortys and some jacks.  We just wanted to see if it was scary or not.  well no ghosts came out to everyones surprise , buit i do recomend that yall go down there becasue i was scared BAD_WORDless.  Theres just a scary sense around that place that everythign about scared you.  pretty tight if u want to get scared.

• Guests

Posted 07 July 2003 - 01:06 PM

All the stories of bunnyman's bridge listed on your sight are false.  I grew up in the Clifton area.  There has NEVER been an insane asylum in Fairfax County, EVER.  There have been NO deaths associated with that bridge.  The "Bunnyman" never killed anyone.  The story originated from two articles written in the Washington Post:  Man in Bunny Suit Sought in Fairfax. Washington Post. Oct. 22, 1970, B2 and The "Rabbit" Reappears. Washington Post. Oct. 31, 1970. B1.  The guy was a teenage and was never caught and he never killed anyone.  Apparently children got scared and started telling stories at school about the man in the bunny suit, the story evolved into what appeared on the Fox Family. The site below is to the Fairfax County website. Local historian, Brian A. Conley, researched and disproved the urban legend of the Bunnyman.  He includes quotes from Police Reports and the newspaper articles.  He did a great job on the research, check it out.  The reason for the camera is that people go there to drink and vandalize the bridge and it disturbs the local residents.

I hope all of this clears up the mystery of Bunnyman's bridge.

http://www.co.fairfa...bunny/bunny.htm

#25 secretsign

secretsign

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 07 July 2003 - 02:39 PM

Hello H.T.R.T.P. thank you  for stoping by and checking out the Urban Legend board. I found  the site you posted very interesting. Do you have other places that we may find helpful? I would like to invite you to join our Village and share some of your experinces with us.

*secretsign*
Urban Legends
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#26 Angel_of_Death

Angel_of_Death

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 11:19 PM

Where exactley is the bunnyman bridge located? ???

#27 secretsign

secretsign

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 04:18 AM

Fairfax VA. If you read back a few post there are a couple of links that will give more info.

#28 Angel_of_Death

Angel_of_Death

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 July 2003 - 06:46 AM

Yea, I stumbled on that now, but thanks.  ;D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users