bunnyman's bridge!!!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 hunter

hunter

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 December 2002 - 02:28 PM

Here is an urban legend its called the bunnyman's bridge here's the story it. Around the year 1905 , Fairfax County's population was growing extremely large. With the large population they eventually needed a state mental hospital in. But the residents didn't like the idea of having a bunch of mental cases in their neighborhood. So they protested until the state agreed to move them. Some of the patients escaped, but most were captured again, except for two of them. The two escapees, Douglas Griffin and hs friend Marcus, stuck together and hid around the town in the woods. All of a sudden the town's people was finding carcasses of partially eaten bunnies, hence the name "Bunnyman." A while later, Marcus, was found hanging by a noose from the bridge, which is now the haunting grouns of the "Bunnyman's" spirit. Some say it was Griffin, dubbed the "Bunnyman", killed him. No one would know for sure though, because Griffin the "Bunnyman" was never found. Yet even to this day, bunny bodies still appear.
Another story states that nearly 30 some years ago a family lived on the street where the bridge is located. It states that on Easter the child of the family, for whatever reasons, dressed up like the Easter Bunny, killed his family, and then hung him self from the bridge. Hence Bunnyman Bridge

There have been 28 deaths that have occurred at the bridge since 1905, and all of them seem very odd. In the 1940s a group of three teenagers went out to the bridge. They were playing and joking around the bridge when something happened. The next day all three of them were found hanging from the bridge, disemboweled. There have been other incidents similar to this one that have happened over the years.
There has been only on known survivor of the Bunnyman spirit, Janet Shalteea'. In 1985, Janet and four of her friends went to te bridge one night. Janet started to get a bad feeling and decided to head back home. When she turned around she ran straight into her friends who were all hanging from the bridge. Janet's house still has a disturbance present in it.
Today there is a survillence cam in the bridge to keep teenagers from going out there but supposedly the camera has captured paranormal activity. There is suppose to be an overwhelming prescence of death at the bridge as well. And if you want to see the Bunnyman all you need to do is go to the inside of the bridge and say, three times, "Bunnyman, Bunnyman, Bunnyman!" I think this story is true.

#2 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 19 December 2002 - 03:27 PM

I think they did the bridge on SPOE.I seen a girl who was scared to death and couldn't get out of that brigde fast enough :o
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#3 Persia

Persia

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts
  • Interests:“If you’re going to dine with the devil, make sure you have a long spoon.”

Posted 24 December 2002 - 05:05 AM

Um... i'd go in... w/ about an army of ten thousand, but i'd go in.  ;D

Posted Image

Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim. --Ovid--

#4 gowie2hotty

gowie2hotty

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 12:33 PM

I'd go in but i'd wear an Elmer Fudd Costume _ KILL DA WABBIT, KILL DA WABBIT, KILL DA WABBIITTT!!! (as sung by Elmer Fudd) :)
Come Check out Jason Gowin online at - http://www.jasongowin.com

#5 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 03:55 PM

Gow, I'd pay you a nickel to see you dressed up like Fudd in that episdoe, with the horns and the breastplate, then lend the custome to my hubby...
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#6 gowie2hotty

gowie2hotty

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 04:14 PM

im adorable in viking costumes,,,,errr not that i would know

#7 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 04 January 2003 - 02:46 AM

http://looneytunes.w...ows&speed=56000
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#8 gowie2hotty

gowie2hotty

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 05 January 2003 - 02:37 PM

sweet video, i love that guy

#9 ohioparanormal

ohioparanormal

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 09:03 PM

"Bunnyman, Bunnyman, Bunnyman"? Oh geez, now that really screams of urban legend!

Where is the evidence of rabbit carcasses still appearing? (I hate being all scientfic and stuff, just my nature)

#10 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 08 January 2003 - 04:38 AM

I thought it reeked of Urban Legand to, went to the Urban Legand reference page http://www.snopes.com  and I couldn't find anything so I searched it and came across this site http://www.virginiag...om/bunnyman.htm

#11 ohioparanormal

ohioparanormal

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 January 2003 - 07:07 AM

It must be true! people who live there say so...even though they have no proof other than handed-down stories. This is an obvious urban legend, unless you can give me a copy of a police report or newspaper articles of these deaths. If these things happened there would be some evidence to validate these wild claims.

I stumbled upon a page that gives the two different "accounts" of how the legend started....

http://www.weirdnj.c...I_bunnyman.html

The truth is out there.... this page shows some pictures of the site (plus some added content to the mystery). The bottom shows the evidence that we're all waiting for!!  ::)

http://www.dixiexfil...yman_Bridge.htm

#12 secretsign

secretsign

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 08 January 2003 - 08:20 AM

I don't know about you all but it is pretty weird stuff :o I don't think I would go with an army of investigators.I don't think I would have any good luck there. When they did it on SPOE that one girl couldn't get out fast enough. Very spooky stuff
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#13 ohioparanormal

ohioparanormal

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 January 2003 - 05:06 PM

SPOE, should be DPOE (dumbest people on Earth). These people already know what is going on and that they are on television, either they are acting or their just plain ignorant.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A true investigator would not rush to the scene anyway, especially with all the silly stories that have been told about the area that would fill your head.  Discovering the background information about the site alone would probably be enough proof that there is nothing there. If we brought our fear to the site, there's no telling what it might attract anyway (the graveyard effect).

#14 secretsign

secretsign

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 09 January 2003 - 06:50 AM

Well you hit that nail on the head :)

#15 gowie2hotty

gowie2hotty

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 09 January 2003 - 03:43 PM

i think ohio suffers from what we hallucinating ghost hunters call "NO ImAgination"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)