#61 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:51 PM

Just stopping by to see how the discussion is going. I stand by my points made earlier but am open to a rational discussion.

We all know you stand by your points made earlier, that is why you made the points in the first place right? And you dont have to 'sign in" various threads saying you are stopping by to see how the discussion is going, if there is anything new people would post and you can probably reply.
Posted Image

#62 duncan36

duncan36

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 12:46 PM

Satanism has nothing to do with the actual christian being named Satan, but Satan worship is worshiping the being known as Satan.

Intellectual belief means nothing. One can believe that Jesus didnt exist on an intellectual level but if you are doing prayers to Jesus you are invoking a specific energy one that if you are at all attuned to reality you will feel.
The opposite is of course true for LaVeyian religion. Its an easy deception to pull on people and people who dont at all understand spirituality will fall for it.
What you do matters more than some intellectual belief you hold.

Edited by duncan36, 07 August 2009 - 12:47 PM.

#63 Haunted_Ship

Haunted_Ship

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 85 posts
  • Interests:I'm interested in music, art, history, psychology, ghosts (obviously), ufo research and native american history

Posted 12 August 2009 - 08:57 PM

I, personally, avoid most spirit communication, and I tend to attract angry, evil or dark entities who are less then friendly. I'm not sure why, because, honestly, I'm not a bad person. I want to do a lot to help people, but for some reason, good spirits rarely come and talk to me.
"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference." Robert FrostYou gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt"I am not discouraged, because every wrong attempt discarded, is another step forward." [b] Thomas Edison

#64 Illuminated One

Illuminated One

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 07:36 PM

Thank you to the thread starter, and all of the people who replied to this thread. It has been an interesting read. I have never cracked open the satanic bible, but have cracked open the christian bible a few times. I have no affialtion to any church. I consider myself an open minded person who may or may not believe the same beliefs as others, will respect them as individuals. Knowledge is infinite, irrellevant of the source...good or evil, light or dark. Regardless of your belief system. No belief system is wrong, who are we to judge anothers beliefs? You wont find me disrespecting anyone regardless of their beliefs. respect to all!!!!

blessing to all (light or dark) the choice is yours!

:hug2: Once again thank you to the thread starter and the contributors.

IlluminatedOne

#65 SGT Miles

SGT Miles

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Horror flicks, Video Games, Snow Boarding, Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse that we all know is coming ;). Disproving or proving claims of paranormal activity is my true passion though, I love shuffling through pictures of dust balls that "prove" a place is haunted before spending the night listening to the water pipes bang against the floor boards when it kicks on...but the one thing I love more is finding something I have absolutely no earthly explanation for.

Posted 04 February 2010 - 10:46 PM

Okay I am sure I am going to be either repeating someone or bringing up an old issue here but I skipped alot of pages...way too much to conintue to read while tired, but basically I just wanted to say thank you to Morbid for clearing things up on the difference between a Satanist and a Satan Worshiper, just to be clear I am neither but I have known people who were both. It is true that Levy(or however it is spelled, again its close to bed time) didn't promote the worship of the Devil, he didn't even believe in the devil, his Church and those that follow it, The Satanists, follow the belief system of take care of yourself and don't worry about anyone else because in your world you are your own highest power. While I myself don't believe his teachings I will make sure to stand up and point out the truth of what his teachings really were.

#66 SGT Miles

SGT Miles

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Horror flicks, Video Games, Snow Boarding, Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse that we all know is coming ;). Disproving or proving claims of paranormal activity is my true passion though, I love shuffling through pictures of dust balls that "prove" a place is haunted before spending the night listening to the water pipes bang against the floor boards when it kicks on...but the one thing I love more is finding something I have absolutely no earthly explanation for.

Posted 04 February 2010 - 10:57 PM

Just realized that the end of that sounded sort of grumpy and preachy...didn't mean it that way...again...really tired, just trying to point out that I studied theology(and religions not covered in the theology courses) for college credits in my last few years of highschool. So when I see someone wrongly assuming something about a specific religion then I feel the need to give them the truth. Another thing I just realized is you can't label something as a man made "religion" because all religions are man made, No matter where you turn for your faith then someone at some point who was human set out the guidelines(whether guided by a higher power to do so or not doesn't matter because you can't prove that they were guided or that they were not) and any organized belief system with a set number of followers and a specific rule set for living is a religion. If you disagree with the definition of religion then I am afraid that Buddhism would be discounted as a religion as well since it doesn't follow the same outline as most of the rest of the worlds highly popular religions. Personally I am Wiccan but again my study of theology has forced me to feel compelled to point things out that most people(possibly even myself) would have rather I just keep my mouth shut on. Great discussion though, from what I saw, i will have to finish it off tommorrow if I remember what I was doing at that point.

~Blessed Be~
Josh

#67 duncan36

duncan36

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:16 AM

Satanism and Wicca are designed to whisper sweet nothings in the users ear while infecting their beings in various unseen ways. Its all a trap. Hear my words and reconsider your path.

Edited by duncan36, 06 March 2010 - 12:17 AM.

#68 The V

The V

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC, writing, comics, the supernatural, politics, spirituality, and BUFFY!

Posted 06 March 2010 - 01:03 AM

Oh my goodness. Really, duncan? Still on that old road? I almost feel sorry for you. Your desperation is palpable.

This is not a clever signature.

#69 duncan36

duncan36

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:08 PM

Oh my goodness. Really, duncan? Still on that old road? I almost feel sorry for you. Your desperation is palpable.

Desperation thats rich. The joke of satanism is that it preaches independence and individualism for its practitioners them proceeds to lead them around by the nose. Laying out rituals and invocations to perform that the person performing them has no idea of the true intentions of.
If the people dabbling in that stuff dont see the inherent contradiction in this then I dont know what to say.

I will say that I have no problem with people knowingly choosing whatever path they desire. My only problem revolves around deception. Be honest have the guts to tell me that you worship satan. I can respect that. What I dont respect is someone who lays out a worship system that invokes certain energies and then claims it has nothing to do with it.

An obvious contradiction that I am compelled to point out.

My advice make your own religion and rituals that have meaning to yourself. Dont trust me or V or anyone elses words on any matter. Analyze things for yourself, worship for yourself, stand up for yourself.

#70 dancinmiriam

dancinmiriam

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Classical ballet, Flamenco, Classical Indian (heck, any classical dance form-though Ballet is my muse and my profession); religious studies; history;paranormal and spiritual studies.

Posted 08 March 2010 - 02:51 PM

I, personally, avoid most spirit communication, and I tend to attract angry, evil or dark entities who are less then friendly. I'm not sure why, because, honestly, I'm not a bad person. I want to do a lot to help people, but for some reason, good spirits rarely come and talk to me.

If I didn't get the 'quote' thing correct - this is directed to all, but responding to 'Haunted Ship'. This may be a possible answer to your question. I had a very good friend many years ago, explain the phenomena you speak of - a person trying to do good, be a good person, etcetera, etcetera, and still attract 'darkness'. A certain period in my younger life, was culminated by an fairly brutal attack while I was walking home after work one day. I didn't want to go the route the cops suggested of going to 'victims groups' as I felt it would solidify my victimization - I didn't want to be a victim. Well, a dear friend explained it to me in such a way that I never felt I needed to attend special meetings, etc. Her explanation was that there is something (call it 'darkness' just to give it a name) in some that, given its nature, is attracted to (let's call it
'light' just to give it a name) that light in you. Although I'm sure it played to my ego a little, it lead me to be able to forgive this man, and feel that this happening opened up a healing of sorts - for him, and in another way, me as well.

Not sure how this will have related to the thread on 'Satanism', but perhaps someone more knowledgeable about that area can pick up on this. Hope that helps a little for Haunted Ship.
I see dance being used as communication between body and soul, to express what is too deep, too fine, for words. ~ Ruth St. Denis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users