• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#16 jenjen

jenjen

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:57 AM

My grandma told me if I go to sleep with my hair not totally dry, when I wake up I'll be blind. I still don't chance it to this day lol.

#17 chestnut

chestnut

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:03 AM

Wow, if that really were true I'd be in trouble--I go to sleep with damp hair all the time.

However, I *am* really nearsighted, so maybe there IS some truth to it! :hug:

#18 jenjen

jenjen

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:17 AM

Wow, if that really were true I'd be in trouble--I go to sleep with damp hair all the time.

However, I *am* really nearsighted, so maybe there IS some truth to it! :hug:

Yikes! Becareful Chestnut!

#19 jenjen

jenjen

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 10:22 AM

another one is keep a newborn baby as much in the house as possible until he / she is baptized. By keeping the baby in the house it lessens the chances of evil spirits claiming the soul of the unbaptized baby.

#20 Cryscat

Cryscat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts
  • Interests:spirituality, art, design, reading, photography, my family (of course), nature, biology, genetics... I could go on, but I think I will stop here.

Posted 01 April 2009 - 08:59 PM

some that I've heard:

If you go outside with wet hair, you'll catch a cold.

If you cross your eyes, they'll stay that way.

If you swallow chewing gun, it will take seven years to digest
Don't take life too seriously, no one ever gets out alive.

#21 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 02 April 2009 - 11:50 PM

There are a lot of wives tales and legends about brooms. Brooms have been used for many many years to purify and cleanse magickal space. My favorite broom tale is that you are never to take a used broom with you when you move....always buy a new broom for the new space because you don't want to take any negative energy you have swept up with the old broom into your new living space. That is one I still practice today. When I move, the broom gets left behind and a new one purchased for my new space.

Edited by ravenhecate, 02 April 2009 - 11:51 PM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#22 Henry D

Henry D

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:22 PM

Hmmm, I have 13 letters in my name...............................should I be concerned???

#23 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 08 May 2009 - 08:35 AM

Midwives used to place a sharp knife under the bed a woman was delivering on - it was believed it would 'cut' the labor pains.

If your ears are ringing, someone is talking about you. If they itch, someone is thinking of you.
If your nose itches, you are going to kiss a fool - but remember, two fools can't kiss!

Never put new shoes on the table or you will have bad luck every time you wear them.
If someone gives you something sharp, like a set of steak knives, you have to give them a penny. That way, you 'purchased' it and won't cut yourself.
If someone gives you a plant, or other living thing, don't say thank you or it will die. Say "I appreciate your kindness." etc.
Whatever the weather is on Palm Sunday, that will be the weather for the next seven Sundays.
When you get a new item of clothing, wear it for the first time to church to ensure good luck when wearing them.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#24 Dreamgirl09

Dreamgirl09

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 08:59 AM

I was obseesed with urban legend in high school,we even formed a group that we have untill now.
"Hymoo.com" - "Create Revolution"- Help Us Spread The Word!

#25 darkdragonfaiery

darkdragonfaiery

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 05:40 PM

If you hear a Lechuza outside your baby's window, the matriach of the house MUST go outside and cuss it out. I'm talking not just one bad word, but "swear like a sailor".

If a broom falls down company is coming.

Salt sprinkled across your door and windows will keep "bad" people out.

Saltwater burn witches when thrown on thier familars.

If a door opens, a ghost just walked in.

You must wear metal (safety pin, broach, etc) on a pregnant belly when you go out at night, or the baby will be born with disabilities.
"The earth is our flesh; the rocks, our bones; The rivers are the blood of our veins."Wixarika shaman

#26 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:19 PM

One that I recall from my grandma is if you drop a butter knife on the floor, company will be coming from the direction the blade is pointing.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#27 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 20 June 2009 - 05:46 PM

Ax, it was a little different in our house - if you drop a knife, the company will be a man. If you drop a spoon, it will be a woman. Drop a fork and a couple or family will visit.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#28 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 20 June 2009 - 06:28 PM

I heard if your palms itch you will be coming into money.

Eating the crust of your sandwich will make your hair curly (for girls) and it will put hair on your chest for boys.

If you cross your eyes and someone hits you on the back, your eyes will be stuck like that.

Touching yourself *down there* will either put hair on your palms or make you go blind.
The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#29 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 20 June 2009 - 11:08 PM

Touching yourself *down there* will either put hair on your palms or make you go blind.

Also, you might go insane if you are touching yourself in those ways.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#30 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 21 June 2009 - 12:47 AM

Saltwater burn witches when thrown on thier familars.

I find this one rather amusing since, as a witch, I myself use salt water like the Catholics use Holy Water. :hug:
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users