31 replies to this topic

#31 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 21 June 2009 - 12:49 AM

Eating the crust of your sandwich will make your hair curly (for girls) and it will put hair on your chest for boys.

So that's where I got my curly hair from. And here all my life I thought I got it from my dad :hug:

I am also going to have to make sure my husband gets all of his sandwiches without the crust from here on out.....not only does he have hair of his chest but his whole torso looks like he is wearing a sweater!

Edited by ravenhecate, 21 June 2009 - 12:53 AM.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#32 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 21 June 2009 - 07:03 AM

My mother and aunts used to say that you should never allow a baby to look a mirror until it was at least a year old. Otherwise it could be frightened and end up a timid person.

There's also the supersitition that you shouldn't go fishing on Sundays. Doing so creates bad luck. But my father got around that by going to church first.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users