Welcome to the World's Most Haunted Places

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#46 Wind of Light

Wind of Light

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Playing RuneScape is my number one hobby/interest now.<br />www.runescape.com

Posted 06 September 2004 - 10:44 AM

good job!
-Du Súndavar Freohr-===================================--------------------------------------------Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here and drink what comes out"?

#47 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 08 September 2004 - 05:09 AM

Jeff,

Mykiedave's and my copy was waiting for us here in Texas, so it was a wonderful welcoming present!

I'm skipping around in it and really enjoying it alot! The Spaghetti Warehouse in Houston is very nearby...We'll stop in and let you know what we see and feel there!

Great job, Jeff!
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#48 MizzMo

MizzMo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 21 September 2004 - 10:33 PM

Recieved my copy in the mail today and was dying to find out what Jeff wrote about Thornewood Castle. I'm glad that Henry got a plug in the book since he was the one who worked to get us in, but the wsgs only went 3 times from march 2001-sept 2002. I was the main investigator at every investigation. The Thornewood Investigations were given to my group after Henry, me and my members left the wsgs (early 2003) because my group and I were the only ones Deanna knew and trusted to come back into her home.
But thats ok,
Congratulations Jeff! :)

Evergreen Paranormals' Thornewood Castle Investigation

#49 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,378 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 22 September 2004 - 12:16 AM

i just tracked down the book...jeff...i can't wait for the next one. :)
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#50 cbreck

cbreck

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 01:36 PM

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue]
Great job..My daughter and I have been to The Castle Inn twice. Both times we had experiences. I heard Henry coughing in our room..and my daughter was tucked in by Henry! We love the Castle Inn!

Carol

#51 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 22 September 2004 - 01:40 PM

Posted Image cbreck! enjoy the stay!
Posted Image

#52 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 02:28 PM

Thanks, Carol! The Castle Inn certainly is a supernaturally colorful place. We'd love to hear more about your experiences there.

-Jeff
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#53 cbreck

cbreck

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 September 2004 - 04:59 PM

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=blue]

The first time we visited the Castle Inn was in June of 2003. We were in room 9. Every night our showere would turn on by itself, and sometimes the toilet would flush. This was unnerveing in that the washroom was down a half flight of stairs attached to our room. One morning I was irritated by what I THOUGHT was an insect crawling on my ankle. I assured myself that nothing was crawling on me, only to have the sensation come back in an amplified manner. I put on socks..put my foot under the covers..wahsed the area..brushed away "whatever"..to no avail. The sensation kept getting more and more intense, until, about 1 full hour later..it just stopped.

One night at about 1:30, I heard the showere come on. I was just getting up to investigate when outside our room, I heard footsteps...and then I smelled something horrible. The smell got very intense..as did my fear when all of a sudden it just ceased. The odor didn't decrease in intensity..it just was not anymore. At that moment, I heard a child's soft laughter.

I will relate the experiences of trip number 2 in a later post.

Carol

#54 gheneviev's apparition

gheneviev's apparition

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 October 2004 - 08:47 PM

that was totally awesome!!!
great work there, jeff!!

#55 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

Uses WD-40 for evil purposes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  • Interests:Animals, ice skating, pets, animal issues, historical societies, travelling, and of course - ghost hunting.

Posted 24 October 2004 - 10:03 AM

Jeff - if you have told us this already and I have forgotten please let me know that I am and idiot - I wanted to know how you chose which places to visit for your book.
The reason that a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail and not his tongue.Do unto others, then run.Life's messy. Clean it up.

#56 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 08:24 AM

Noelle,

To pick the places I started geographically. I wanted to get a good cross-section of the world. For example, in Australia, I started looking for well-known haunted places. Some names came up repeatedly and so I looked deeper into those locations. By no means is my book a complete list of famous haunted places, but these were places where I could generally find first-hand accounts, that were diverse in the nature of their hauntings as well as the type of place, and that were spread out around the world representing different countries and cultures.

-Jeff
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#57 Noelle1966

Noelle1966

Uses WD-40 for evil purposes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts
  • Interests:Animals, ice skating, pets, animal issues, historical societies, travelling, and of course - ghost hunting.

Posted 26 October 2004 - 08:32 AM

That's awesome, Jeff. Gives me a reason to travel the world... :)
The reason that a dog has so many friends is because he wags his tail and not his tongue.Do unto others, then run.Life's messy. Clean it up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users