• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 blackdog

blackdog

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:41 PM

Can any one tell me why ghosts would attach to you? Do they fit with your energy or something? Karmic reason?

Thanks!

#2 brandyrun

brandyrun

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 03:03 PM

Can any one tell me why ghosts would attach to you? Do they fit with your energy or something? Karmic reason?

Thanks!

This is just my take on it, however I feel that spirits, like humans are very capable of 'liking' someone and seeking them out for companionship of sorts. I have read that many spirits really have no real sense of what they are, where they are or what they are doing. The live merely in the moment and know only that moment, thus have no concept of consequence etc like we do as living beings. Some spirits have every knowledge of what they are doing and may just attach. As humans we often seek out relationships and friendships to quell that inner something in us that draws us to others, who can say it isn't the same in the other realm?

It is known that most spirits are very sorrowful, lonely and 'lost'. It would only make sense for them to feel some sort of comfort with someone who is living, especially someone who happily seeks out spirits during investigations or otherwise.

#3 Lysithia

Lysithia

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 04:49 AM

Thanks!

From what I have experienced on my own and by talking to friends, sometimes spirits tend to attach themselves to people who have medium potential. For me, while I've never spoken with or seen a spirit, I can feel when one is around, and have tried communicating by feel their response. Often, when I feel a spirit around, it's usually very brief, but it feels like they just want to make contact.

When I was in high school, there was a classmate of mine who had passed away during the lunch hour. We had no updates from the hospital and nobody had been informed at this point if she had passed on or not, but I felt her behind me.

My friend, on the other hand, is a lot stronger than me on this regard. She can see them, though not entirely certain she's ever spoke to them (I don't think she wants to). Often, they seem to be trying to show her something, like a message; sometimes they just hang around. She's had poltergeists around too.

#4 yld1009

yld1009

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 01:20 PM

That's a very good question blackdog. I have often wondered the same thing myself. This is just my opinion also on what I think, but I believe they could attach themselves to you if they feel that you can see, hear or even sense them. When we moved into our home, my daughter, who was only 3 at the time, started talking to a little boy. Since that time, he has always been around her. When me or someone else mentions trying to get him to cross over, she gets very upset and says she doesn't want him to go, and he doesn't seem to want to go anywhere either. I guess he feels like part of our family now. So apparently he is very attached to her, and our family because he feels comfortable here with us. With her, I'm guessing it's because she can see and talk to him. I think they are drawn to people for several different reasons, one being, and this is just my opinion, they are wanting help of some kind or just someone to "hear" them and listen. If they know that you can do that, then I'm sure they will attach themselves to you. I guess there are really several different reasons for why they might do this, and I'm sure there are others here that will be able to tell you a lot more. This is just my opinion on a couple of the reasons. But very good question!

Edited by yld1009, 23 May 2009 - 01:23 PM.

#5 darkdragonfaiery

darkdragonfaiery

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 June 2009 - 01:29 PM

Ok so I think that What has been said before is true. The only thing that I would like to add is that sometimes they attach themselves to someone who is 'weak" especially if they are "bad" spirits. I was moving once and there was a spirit of a man in our apt, he disliked my bf. I told him not to move anything while i was at work. Well I guess he got impatient and decided to move some stuff alone. He was almost to the new apt when he felt someone tugging on his hair, then "playing" with some of the stuff in the car etc. Needless to say he took the stuff back to the apt and waited for me.
"The earth is our flesh; the rocks, our bones; The rivers are the blood of our veins."Wixarika shaman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users