Hear them through the phone

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 simman

simman

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Interests:My family, friends, computers, electronics and of course anything paranormal, especially spirits of any kind.

Posted 15 March 2009 - 06:32 PM

I am posting this because I have a few questions and some experiences with this happening. This type of thing has happened on numerous occassions with alot of people that I talk on the phone with. I am not the only one to hear them, the people that I am talking to can also hear them. Now with the questions. Is it possible for a spirit or entity or whatever else it may be to go through the phone and actually do something to somebody? Are they trying to communicate or just letting you know they are there? Last, but not least, is there a purpose behind them doing this?
simman

#2 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 15 March 2009 - 07:50 PM

IMHO I don't think they could come through the phone and do anything to you persay. However, if a person thinks they can, then maybe they might believe the spirits have some sort of power, for example like how playing with a Ouija Board opens a portal. I think it is just their way of letting us know they are still with us and is a method of communication for them. What I wonder is if this phenomena is confined to cell phones and cordless phones only, or has it happened with wired phones as well? It seems logical that they communicate though cordless and cell phones as they can tap into the higher frequencies that they (phones) operate on, sort of like how transistor radios pick up AM and FM frequencies. How about TVs, has anyone ever experienced this? I personally have never experienced either.

Great question Simman. I'm looking forward to other responses.

Edited by Kira, 15 March 2009 - 07:52 PM.

The Power of 8 Make Your Wishes Come True!<-Click Here Now

#3 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 15 March 2009 - 08:58 PM

I do know that there has been many accounts of spirits using the telephone to reach loved ones or even random strangers. It's been happening for a while, and nothing that I have ever read has indicated any danger in that kind of encounter.

Kira, in answer to your query, the accounts I have read stem back to the early days of the telephone, so yes, it happens with the good old fashioned land lines....lol. I've even read of encounters where the telephone used by the spirit to communicate with someone they didn't even know in life had been long disconnected and the wires cut. It's in one of my many books of collections of accounts, so it might take me a bit to dig it out. As far as TVs go, I have heard as well of spirit images showing up in photos where a tv that was turned off is in the picture, I've seen a few of them as well.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#4 Mystic Hippy

Mystic Hippy

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Interests:computers, arts &amp; crafts, nature, photography, ghost hunting, mediumship, supernatural/paranormal, etc.

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:04 PM

What you are hearing may be what's called crossover. You can actually hear conversations taking place on a different phone line. This happens alot with older wiring and wet climate areas. When I was a directory assistance operator we used to get crossover quite a bit.
Have you hugged your ghost today?The Porch - Ghosts, paranormal, supernatural

#5 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:06 PM

crossover, never thought of that. course, I've never experienced it....lol...might explain that....although I get Spanish languge radio stations on my computer speakers

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#6 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts
  • Interests:Intellectual discussions about anything as long everyone respects all opinions given.<br /><br />My dogs, cooking, studying (yes), painting and decorating, and learning something new almost every day that I visit Ghostvillage.

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:27 PM

I lived in an apartment building back in the 90s and my neighbor had a cordless phone and I could hear his conversations just by turning my phone on. I remember my mom telling me about lines getting crossed back in the days when you had to have all calls directed by an operator, (KL5-0000) I think they called them party lines? But that's even older than the landlines I remember from the 60s, 70s and 80s. I'd love to read the encounters you have Vampchick. But don't go digging on my account.

As far as TVs, I remember the movie White Noise where the spirits came through the TV when it was snowy. Of course now with digital that won't happen anymore.

PS: my neighbor in the apartment building was cheating on his girlfriend and used to say horrible things about her to the "mistress." Whenever I ran into him in the hallway I used to give him the dirtiest looks. He probably wondered what the heck my problem was. Ok so..............

#7 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:34 PM

Oh, I don't mind digging the accounts out Kira, might take me a couple of days though, they're pretty interesting accounts.

We have a big HDTV and digital cable, but when we switch to one of the....heck, what's it called? Where you switch to VCR or DVD or game console? Anyway, with the VCR we do get snow, but you're right, when the digital cable goes out, it's just a black screen. But in that case it might still work, since I don't see them not being able to use the digital signal.

I also know of recent research that indicates that spirits don't really need the white noise to actually communicate.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#8 Kira

Kira

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:39 PM

Yes I believe that. I'm sure they don't need the white noise. I suppose the stronger they are the less media they need to come through to us.

I really appreciate you digging through your books, even just titles are fine and I can look for them on my own. I just love this stuff..........obviously.

Thanks VC!

#9 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:43 PM

The books are readily available at any bookstore, just collections of tales and encounters and stories. So give me a couple of days (as I have piles, me like books) and I'll pull the ones with encounters that pertain to this thread and give you the title, author, publisher and ISBN numbers in here, that way anyone who might want to get their hands on them can.

I got mine at Coles/Indigo, you can likely get them at Amazon or Barnes & Noble.

I think I heard about the research or new theory about not needing white noise in one of the Haunted New Jersey podcasts (which I highly recommend to anyone)

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#10 yld1009

yld1009

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:17 PM

IMHO I don't think they could come through the phone and do anything to you persay. However, if a person thinks they can, then maybe they might believe the spirits have some sort of power, for example like how playing with a Ouija Board opens a portal. I think it is just their way of letting us know they are still with us and is a method of communication for them. What I wonder is if this phenomena is confined to cell phones and cordless phones only, or has it happened with wired phones as well? It seems logical that they communicate though cordless and cell phones as they can tap into the higher frequencies that they (phones) operate on, sort of like how transistor radios pick up AM and FM frequencies. How about TVs, has anyone ever experienced this? I personally have never experienced either.

Great question Simman. I'm looking forward to other responses.

I totally agree with you Kira, I don't think they can come through the phone and do anything either. I have heard whispers and things like that during a conversation though. In my case, it was a cordless phone and also while talking to someone on my cell phone while they were on a cordless phone. It really took me by surprise a few times! Good question about the wired phones. I'm curious to see if anyone else has had this kind of encounter. It sure surprises me when I hear it! Thanks for bringing this up simman!

#11 CrystalEyz

CrystalEyz

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 02:24 PM

I am posting this because I have a few questions and some experiences with this happening. This type of thing has happened on numerous occassions with alot of people that I talk on the phone with. I am not the only one to hear them, the people that I am talking to can also hear them. Now with the questions. Is it possible for a spirit or entity or whatever else it may be to go through the phone and actually do something to somebody? Are they trying to communicate or just letting you know they are there? Last, but not least, is there a purpose behind them doing this?

Hi Simman, If you are using a cell phone or cordless its possible these are actually humans speaking, that seems to be pretty common. Do these voices talk TO you personally and do they make sense? Secondly I am a firm believer that spirits have are attracted to water, electricity, and even battery operated appliances. So, with that said I have heard numerous stories of people hearing spirits over the phone, and some even received a call from a loved ones tel# even though its disconnected because they passed on. So anything is possible, but it does seem odd it happens so often, so could very well be humans. Let us know more of what they are saying, that will help..Thanks..CE

#12 simman

simman

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts
  • Interests:My family, friends, computers, electronics and of course anything paranormal, especially spirits of any kind.

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:48 PM

I am getting the kind of responses I expected to get and that's cool. To answer Crystal's question, yes these voices do talk to me and what they say does make sense, even though the things they say are short things like hey and sometimes my name.
simman

#13 yld1009

yld1009

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 377 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 12:39 PM

I am getting the kind of responses I expected to get and that's cool. To answer Crystal's question, yes these voices do talk to me and what they say does make sense, even though the things they say are short things like hey and sometimes my name.

I agree here, I have heard those voices through the phone, but also in answer to Crystals question, I can hear them clearly, but it's not like a mixed phone line, it's more of a whisper. I have heard "hey, what are you doing, and some I can't quite make out, but definitely hear them, but again, they are like whispers. I still don't believe they can come through your phone line and hurt anyone. Never have believed that really, but I do believe they can communicate that way. JMO....yld

#14 PhenomInvestigator

PhenomInvestigator

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 08:35 PM

One of the best known books that chronicles 20th century phone calls of this type and which started popular interest in this phenomena was written by D. Scott Rogo and Raymond Bayless entitled "Phone Calls From the Dead". You might be able to still find it online or in an old book store. It was published both in hardcover and paperback. My copy is a paperback, published by Berkley Publications in 1980 ISBN 0-425-04559-5
Anomalous Phenomena is Unexplained not ImpossiblePsi is Subtle not AbsoluteAnything is possible, it's all a matter of Probability---------------------

#15 itsdark

itsdark

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 01:04 PM

Are you sure its a spirit? The lines get crossed somtimes and you can hear some or all of other folks convos.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users